Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, an exclusive arm like this would be badass :lecture

sauron.jpg

This wont be up for order until next year, maybe Dec 2012 the earliest but my bet would be 2013. I doubt Sideshow would put up two ultra huge and expensive LOTR PF's so close to each other. I'll be surprised if they do.

The 'raised ring' pose was always going to be a hard one to avoid given the SS/W piece, and the decision to go with the murderous and threatening pose helps bring a new dimension to Sauron other than just a vessel to carry the ring of power.
The base is the key ingredient here I think :lecture

So now what's going on now?

Is this thing legendary scale or premium format?

Premium format from what is listed on every title and video, but it will be an expensive pf IMO.

I think sideshow have had a change of heart.

This wont be up for order until next year, maybe Dec 2012 the earliest but my bet would be 2013. I doubt Sideshow would put up two ultra huge and expensive LOTR PF's so close to each other. I'll be surprised if they do.

I made a similar point earlier. I would have to think that Sideshow would know better than to pile their two biggest, baddest PF's on top of each other. Aside from collectors needing some breathing room, The Dark Rider and Sauron each deserve to have their time in the spotlight.

Also, an exclusive arm like this would be badass :lecture

sauron.jpg

:goodpost:

An iconic pose would be awesome, since this will probably be the only representation of him in statue form I may get. Dark, powerful and menacing is how I want him to look.

argg i thought i was done with sauron after buying the weta version as this was a lsf. But now i might have to get it if the price isnt too crazy, absolutely no space to display him but... :slap

Glad to hear this will be at SDCC,can't wait to see this. I hope it goes up for PO after SDCC, which I imagine that would be the case. I need time to save for this one.

If this is indeed categorized as a LSF, then $2k seems to be the likely price.

SS already confirmed this a pf yesterday.

Price isn't the barrier for me it's the pose. Jerry is a great artist no doubt but the pose this is based on leaves a lot to be desired. I hope SS tweak it. Actually I hope they just copy the SS/WETA pose.

Price isn't the barrier for me it's the pose. Jerry is a great artist no doubt but the pose this is based on leaves a lot to be desired. I hope SS tweak it. Actually I hope they just copy the SS/WETA pose.

That ships sailed :lecture

This is definitely a case of 'wait until you see it' before making a decision :wink1:

You can actually see this key element of the sculpt in the sneak peak video and it does look just like the artwork.

Sauron, Barad-Dur, RWOS PF, maybe some new maquettes, Weta's Fellowship diorama and whatever else they may reveal.... as well as HOBBIT collectibles.....

Nerd christmas was an understatement! :rock:rock

Back