Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its totally possible I'd like to hope. Obviously, not having seen a production video it could be a long shot but maybe it might be or at least something in their panel about it. If its there I will make sure to take plenty of pics. No worries about that.

Will do. Sharing my pics is part of why I go.
Excellent, we can only hope I guess but it would be kind awe inspiring if The Dark Lord was there, even the RWOS :rock (although I won 't be buying that one, I still wanna see what they accomplish with that one!)

Thanks for taking the pics and stuff Josh, I always look forward to your SDCC thread that's in Genreral and the pics/updates. It's great for those of us on a different contininent, so Thank you :clap
x :wave

:lol Yeah, I know, and it's all good. There's really no downside to this year's SDCC as far as I'm concerned. Whether we get the RWOS or Sauron PF I'll be ecstatic. Add to that the Arwen or Boromir maquette [my money's on Arwen] and some potential sneak peeks of PF's and maquettes currently in production and this is shaping up as a terrific SDCC for LOTR collectors. :clap
Seeing the RWOS would be fab. I must admit i'd be more interested in seeing the Maquette's cos I don't collect bad guys and I think the RWOS would scare me (I'm a wuss and proud of it :lecture).
Seeing Arwen or Gimli even would be awesome.
x :)

Thanks Shell, unfortunately trolling seems to be a real problem these days. I'm not quite sure why some feel the need to enter threads and/or discussions that have nothing to do with them or their own particular collecting preferences, but it seems some people just aren't happy unless they're stirring things up....it's kind of sad when you think about it, but it's also good to know something is being done about it. :duff
I agree it's a little annoying when peeps feel the need to try and cause trouble, it's almost as it some have nothing better to do.

All I ask is if someone sees a 'trolling' or insulting post, don't stoop to their level and respond in kind, report the post and move on. Then I can come and kick ass :lol.
Don't feed the trolls, they're not worth it (Just FYI I'm not talking directly to you W, just making an overall statement).

Excellent, we can only hope I guess but it would be kind awe inspiring if The Dark Lord was there, even the RWOS :rock (although I won 't be buying that one, I still wanna see what they accomplish with that one!)

Thanks for taking the pics and stuff Josh, I always look forward to your SDCC thread that's in Genreral and the pics/updates. It's great for those of us on a different contininent, so Thank you :clap

It would be jaw dropping if he was there. Really same would be to see a massive RWOS PF there at the Con.

No problem. I love sharing and showing whats going on through my eyes and bring it to anyone who can't make it out there. :duff

I think this years Con for LOTR items will be one of the best since I've been going.

I agree. I'm not into the upcoming Arwen or Boromir but look forward to the PF unveils and new maquette announcements.

:exactly:

wandering the floor and seeing everything, good bad and ugly, is a huge part of the show.

Absolutely! Thats always one of the best parts of the show just walking around seeing everything. Gives you an appreciation that there is something out there for everyone to have fun collecting.

has no one seen this yet

Q: We are all aware of the Sauron Premium Format scheduled for 2012. We are also aware of the fact the piece will be based on the incredible artwork of Jerry Vanderstelt. Topping Jerry’s representation may be next to impossible, but I’m sure Sideshow will do everything possible to do justice to this iconic character. Are you up for the task?–AND–When are we going to get our first glimpse of the Dark Lord?

A: Sculpture is well under way, and shaping up VERY nicely. He’s OMG huge. We’ll make no such promise as ‘topping’ Jerry’swork, as he’s already top notch, but we’ll definitely do Sauron justice. This is THE Dark Lord.

2011-06-13_2.jpg

With the photo reference over his shoulder, the exclusive may be an alternate arm, hand outstretched and palm up, similar to the ssw version. I am guessing 499.00 for the price.

Could do something like that and would please many a person. Oh I think Sauron will be at least $500.

Back