Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great News!! I got mine today!

Devastating news. . . base is broken. Elf skeleton helmet broken, entire ribcage broken off base with a couple of ribs busted. Don't understand how it happened unless some employee was careless packing it.:gah:

Nonetheless here are some photos.

And now the anxiety begins, hoping and praying that the rest of ours doesnt come in damaged.:explode:

Im so sorry to see you got a busted one. Always a downer. :(

There's just enough orange glow to accent the statue's details in a way that's most appealing. I set up a small but powerful spotlight hidden behind a computer screen, aimed at the lower half of Sauron. That gave the impression of "flames from below" reflecting off the character's armor. But even with the spotlight turned off and a standard light illuminating him, S looks absolutely amazing.

a6y9udu7.jpg

He looks awesome! The only thing I had an issue with from previous pictures from SDCC is that it looked like the head was much bigger than it should be. Might have just been the angle of the camera.

All I can say is...
excited.gif

There's just enough orange glow to accent the statue's details in a way that's most appealing. I set up a small but powerful spotlight hidden behind a computer screen, aimed at the lower half of Sauron. That gave the impression of "flames from below" reflecting off the character's armor. But even with the spotlight turned off and a standard light illuminating him, S looks absolutely amazing.

Its all very nice to heare your detailed discription of sauron glowing , but this is not a Tolkien novel, we need pictures not words.

Last edited:

Devastating news. . . base is broken. Elf skeleton helmet broken, entire ribcage broken off base with a couple of ribs busted. Don't understand how it happened unless some employee was careless packing it.:gah:

Great photos!!

Please, could you tell me the real measures? I would like to know if Sauron fits in my showcase because I know the Sideshow´s measures but some times this measures are wrong.

In my case, I´ll have to wait one month or more to get my Sauron so... more photos please!!

What sucks the most is when the dude comes at the end of the day and you've been waiting...all day.

Btw, does anyone else get up and look out the window when they hear truck go by?

Amen to that. I have waited up all night to be sure and be there in case them came around 8AM for some packages just in case, and one time waited so long when they did not come I fell asleep and missed the damn guy by 20 min!:gah:

Wow, that's terrible. Especially for a 900 dollar item. It's not like they have a ton of these lying around if something is really wrong with the Statue.

That brings up a question I have. The ES is 1500, but do you think sideshow has more than that? Just in case a few get really damaged and need to be replaced.

Are you sure that the cage is broken? Can't not see anything wrong with your pics. Everything seems fine..

yeah, I'm not very good at taking pics. But if you notice in pic 2 the ribcage is completely missing off the base, and the helmet that covers the bottom jaw section on the skull is missing (broken off) one side. I just placed the ribcage on the base for the best effect for pics.

Already contacted Sideshow, will let me know today what they're going to do.

Thanks everyone for "feeling my pain" lol. Will post some dimensions later this morning. (figure still at office. couldn't wait to open it at home.)

Sucks it showed up messed up but thanks again for posting those pics. Its only been a couple months since I saw it at Comic-Con again but I can't wait to get this amazing piece into the collection forever.

Amen to that. I have waited up all night to be sure and be there in case them came around 8AM for some packages just in case, and one time waited so long when they did not come I fell asleep and missed the damn guy by 20 min!:gah:

I live in an APT, and one time the delivery guy didn't even bother coming to my building. He just brought it to the office. No note, nothing. I only found out cause I looked online and it said it was delivered. That's FedEx for you..

Mine is out for delivery. Only thing is I'm home only till 4 and my Internet is down and will be down for days. I will take photos by iphone(I'm typing from it now). I just don't know if It is possible to put them on the forum by phone?

Back