Premium Format Saruman the White Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Saruman the White

300105-saruman-001.jpg

Sideshow Exclusive
With the Sideshow Exclusive edition, the nuance of Saruman’s gesture transforms with interchangeable hands –
one moment he gazes into the Palantír, and the next the Master of Orthanc commands a rising army to seize the One Ring for himself…
The Saruman Premium Format™ Figure will be priced at $399.99, with optional payment plans available.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hence forth I shall refer to non-palantir Saruman as Dancing with the Stars Saruman and palantir Saurman as Canadian 5 Pin Saruman. :lecture :monkey3 :lol

:rock

Attachments

• 300105-saruman-008.jpg
    300105-saruman-008.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 287
  • 300105-saruman-009.jpg
    300105-saruman-009.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:

Ok so just for the sake of argument I'm going to list my observational issues with this PF based on the images provided. :lol

1.) Palantir too small
2.) beard still funky
3.) beard too short
4.) Saruman doesn't have layered hair so what's with the two shorter strands up front
5.) $399.99 I know is the going rate for PF's but not sure how that's gonna fly for LotR

That being said, since I do have RP to use, I'm not going to wait for cheaper aftermarket prices on the regular, just gonna go ahead and get the exclusive because it does look cool.

I like this piece with the outstretched hand, but with the stone, it just looks odd. Here's my problem:

With the outstretched hand, the slight bend in the arm looks natural and great, but as soon as you turn that hand over to hold the stone, the anatomical position of the elbow is now unnatural and esthetically unpleasant to look at.

Also the right hand holding the staff is too turned in for me. It does work a little better with the outstretched hand because it helps add tension to the pose, but it's distracting with the stone.

Other than that this piece looks great! Great costume. Regal posture. Nice attitude.

I like this piece with the outstretched hand, but with the stone, it just looks odd. Here's my problem:

It's a friggin Palantir not a stone!!! :thwak :wink1: :lol

...Also the right hand holding the staff is way too turned in. Try holding your arm in that position and then turn your wrist at such a hard angle. It's not powerful, it's painful.

That's one of the first things I tried. :lol It should have been 6.) on my list.

With the outstretched hand, the slight bend in the arm looks natural and great, but as soon as you turn that hand over to hold the stone, the anatomical position of the elbow is now unnatural and esthetically unpleasant to look at.

Also the right hand holding the staff is too turned in for me. It does work a little better with the outstretched hand because it helps add tension to the pose, but it's distracting with the stone.

Other than that this piece looks great! Great costume. Regal posture. Nice attitude.

now that you pointed it out, it is impossible to have the elbow in that position and hold something upright like that

Damn this fig looks metal. He's readying for that epic break dance off with Gandalf.

Back