Sarah Jane Adventures Discussion - Possible Spoilers within

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sat through the pilot. I hated the boy and the Mr. Smith computer. I actually forgot about the show until the Doctor Who finale and I cringed at being reminded. I think it's time to redesign K-9.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

K-9 is the only ting on the show that I actually like.....

Season two of SJA started last night, watched the first two parter The Last Sontaran. Pretty good, although it did make me chuckle that they took a while to reveal the alien was a Sontaran (even though it was mentioned in the title so it was hardly a revelation). Still a lot of fun though and one of the characters left. It was a nice tie in to The Sontaran Strategem and The Poison Sky with the last Sontaran seeking revenge for the Doctor's "crimes" in that two parter. Cliffhanger was also pretty decent.

I enjoyed it too as the Sontaran story was pretty much the only thing from Nu-Who series 4 that I didn't think sucked and as JTR says this was a nice tie in to the events of those 2 episodes.
The Sontarans invisibility technology was obviously borrowed from Predator but the effect looked good and there were also some great CGI sequences of the Sontaran ship in flight in addition to the full size mockup that was made for when it was on the ground which looked like an upgraded version of the "flying golf ball" design from the Classic series.
There were a few cheesy bits but as it's more of a kids show than Who I overlook them a bit more than I normally would and I'm looking forward to the next story where the baddie appears to be some sort of evil clown.

Last edited:
The first episode did well in the ratings at least. 0.7 million watched it and the average for that timeslot is 0.4 million. So twice the average numbers. If SJA can sustain that figure or something like it over the course of a season, we might get a season three after all.

The first episode did well in the ratings at least. 0.7 million watched it and the average for that timeslot is 0.4 million. So twice the average numbers. If SJA can sustain that figure or something like it over the course of a season, we might get a season three after all.

That's good to hear and I hope it continues past this series as IMO it's been the best thing out of the Whoniverse since the 2nd series of Nu-Who.

i was surprised to see this on so early today 4:30 pm. another crazy spin-off from doctor who, they really are milking this, didnt think much of it though.

Back