SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many people do, between not being interested in him to own and most people not thinking Obi-Wan Kenobi and armor in the same thought. If I hadn't been a nut about that figure and getting it, even I would forget him. I hear Star Wars armor I think Stormies and Clones.

I always felt he was a perfect choice. The followers of this line are very critical, myself included, and the anticipation for armor's been huge. Clone Obi-Wan gave SSC a chance to show the world armored figures are coming, without having to unveil the big guns and keep working on them, plus if there were any major issues, they could conceal their other in progress stuff longer to make corrections. Mess up Clone Obi-Wan, and the fandom will be forgiving, as you may have seen with the Utapau Trooper, issues aren't let go easily, saves headaches to not bring on too much. The Utapau helmet causes a lot of chatter, had the armor had problems too and Utapau came first, it could have been an ugly nightmare. Obi-Wan allowed the waters to safely be tested before the big dive in, and it's all been going uphill. Stormies and Vader really impressed, now this Sandtrooper looks to be a success. A well played marketing plan if you ask me. Or who knows, Lucasfilm may have wanted to push Clone Wars and had a hand in it, you never know. Either way, we're getting some great armored figures in this line now.

When you put it like that then I suppose it makes sense. And if they had released Clonobi after the stormtrooper and such then the hype would be gone and Obi would have been a poor seller. You bring up a good point about Lucasfilms possibly pushing it for the Clone Wars movie.

I find Obi-Wan a much better hero than Luke, thanks to Ewan and the Prequel stories, so it's easy to understand him taking a prominent place with folks as THE hero of Star Wars. Ewan and Alec played him with a nobility and honor like a knight in a ferrytale almost, the classic hero, those always get me, like Aragorn in LOTR.

I find Obi-Wan a much better hero than Luke, thanks to Ewan and the Prequel stories, so it's easy to understand him taking a prominent place with folks as THE hero of Star Wars. Ewan and Alec played him with a nobility and honor like a knight in a ferrytale almost, the classic hero, those always get me, like Aragorn in LOTR.

Hard for me, I grew up with Luke.

But I always preferred the rogues anyway... Han Solo.

I really missed that element in the Prequels. Sarcasm and humor. There's only so much "fear not, I am here to protect you" that I can handle. :D

Well, you grew up with two icons, personified by Ford and at the core, pretty much the same sarcastic, womanizing rogue :lol

I think that's one great thing about the Star Wars universe, it has something to offer everyone, whatever type of character draws you in, there's someone that fills that need.

Much like another series you and I affectionately follow :duff.

:D

But that one is limited to the sea.

In SW, that's just one planet in a galaxy that only ends with your imagination.

Although, if I were a kid again, I'd like to play that game "Who would win" and pit Vader against Jack Sparrow.

I can just hear James Earl Jones right now, "Impressive, that's got to be the best pirate I've ever seen." :lol

- "So, you got your reward and now you're just leaving?"
- "Son, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow, savvy?"

- "So, what do you think of her Jack?"
- "There'll be no living with her after this."

People already talking about too much armor? Are you folks on crack? :lol We've been asking for this for how long now and then you want them to pull back? Holy crappola. :lol I hope this year is filled with a ton of armored stufff.

The RT-97C (aka MG-15), which I believe was given its official designation just this past year.

Sandblast2.jpg

Just wondering, is this from a movie screen shot or a behind-the-scene still?

Back