sailor moon statue at summer wonderfest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diecast

Freaked Out
Reaction score
hey everyone,

so wonderfest just happened, and photos have been streaming in. and this bad boy caught my eye -

sailormoon-figure-volks-2013.jpg

i dont know anything about the maker or their distribution practices. its made by volk's, under their figuart's line....does anyone know details on this? like release date, or if its getting a release in the states? or is this a japan exclusive that needs to get imported? and if it is an import, does anyone know any good sites to go through?

thanks in advance.

Figuarts Zero is made by Bandai. Volks is an actually good Japanese figure making company not sure why their name is anywhere near Bandai.

Figuarts Zero is made by Bandai. Volks is an actually good Japanese figure making company not sure why their name is anywhere near Bandai.

Maybe that's where some of my confusion is coming from. Bandai also has some s h figuarts, which are action figures they were also displaying at wonderfest, but apparently completely separate from this.

> Volks

it's going to be exclusive and a million dollars, lol.

edit; seriously though, Volks is usually the company that either releases stuff in small quantity or makes exclusives.

Though, when reading information about it, I'm getting it's made by both Bandai + Volks so it should be the Figuarts one.
MFC info: https://myfigurecollection.net/item/166976

Last edited:
> Volks

it's going to be exclusive and a million dollars, lol.

edit; seriously though, Volks is usually the company that either releases stuff in small quantity or makes exclusives.

Though, when reading information about it, I'm getting it's made by both Bandai + Volks so it should be the Figuarts one.
MFC info: https://myfigurecollection.net/item/166976

So Volks in general makes difficult to acquire / limited statues? exclusive to what? And this may change depending where bandai fits into this? How much are typical volks statues? Sorry to be so full of questions, I'm pretty in the dark about the imports.

So Volks in general makes difficult to acquire / limited statues? exclusive to what? And this may change depending where bandai fits into this? How much are typical volks statues? Sorry to be so full of questions, I'm pretty in the dark about the imports.

Volks is probably one of the best Japanese figure companies out there and somewhat comparable to Sideshow in that they tend to make limited high quality large statues. That being said they have their hand in most cookie jars. They are famous for their dolls, which are 1/3 scale and can go upwards of $1000. They are also famous for garage kits, which are build it your own statues and those can be pretty expensive and large too. Finally they do make normal statues just not as often. Prices on those are based on what you're getting. Volks makes expensive stuff, but I think it's generally very reasonable since they tend to be the best at what they do.

I honestly have no idea what this is in relation to them.

Volks is probably one of the best Japanese figure companies out there and somewhat comparable to Sideshow in that they tend to make limited high quality large statues. That being said they have their hand in most cookie jars. They are famous for their dolls, which are 1/3 scale and can go upwards of $1000. They are also famous for garage kits, which are build it your own statues and those can be pretty expensive and large too. Finally they do make normal statues just not as often. Prices on those are based on what you're getting. Volks makes expensive stuff, but I think it's generally very reasonable since they tend to be the best at what they do.

Pretty much this. They tend to make exclusive statues that range in the 150-300+ zone (depending on scale, really). You tend to either have to:

a) use a proxy to import directly from Japan
b) find a store that offers exclusives (ie: BiginJapan, Nippon Yasan)

That said, Volks actually did (a long time ago) make smaller jointed figures (much like the figuarts) called Custama P - they were small, ball jointed figures (I used to own an Asuka one). According to the information regarding the Figuarts ZERO Sailor Moon, both Bandai AND Volks listed as manufacturers so they be doing a joint project. So far, I haven't heard that the line would be limited/exclusive so it'll probably be fairly easy to grab. I know the Persona figuarts were all exclusive but maybe they're doing things differently if they're partnering up.

That looks pretty good. My sister would love this. She's a big time Sailor Moon fan. I'm getting her the figuarts line as they come out. She'll have atleast Sailor Moon and Mercury.

Back