S.H. MonsterArts Alien and Predator Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that may be and/or they don't really know which one to release next so they may have a poll at sdcc

i hope they release a scar predator since they showed it in the first place.

They should have released the Alien Warrior and Scar Predator first since they are from the same film. Releasing the incomplete Wolf Predator first was a mistake. It did not sell well at all. There second mistake was taking creative liberties with how the Big Chap looked with its clear dome. It would have been awesome to see them tackle some human figures as well. I was really looking forward to this line

i hope they release a scar predator since they showed it in the first place.

depends if he has a huge demand. might be in a few months or years...

They should have released the Alien Warrior and Scar Predator first since they are from the same film. Releasing the incomplete Wolf Predator first was a mistake. It did not sell well at all. There second mistake was taking creative liberties with how the Big Chap looked with its clear dome. It would have been awesome to see them tackle some human figures as well. I was really looking forward to this line

errmahgerd! much clearness!

cleardome2_zps04a3dad0.png

cleardome3_zps836609eb.png

Cleardome1_zps0b1ee67e.png

cleardome4_zpscc91501c.png

the mistake with wolf is that they should've switch places with the regular release and exclusive.

Okay if you want to use production photos, how about these:
342px-Bolajialien.jpg
374px-1375769_178263602366943_1885816875_n.jpg
Alienheadmask01.jpg

The alien's skull was never meant to be seen clearly through the dome and I think the toy should have reflected that. The press photos for the toy announcement looked spot on to the movie's intention. I think the production toy was a big step backwards. I would have bought Big Chap if the dome wasn't clear.

I think the Eve Arnold picture was taken after the scenes within the Narcissus when they sprayed the suit & dome silver. The head below I believe was The secondary mechanical head that was created by David Watling. It wasn't used in the film. The dome was clear but fogged up on the set due to the heat & condensation, so the SH figure is in fact accurate, in that respect anyway. As Abake pointed out there's too many teeth! The perfect A L I E N figure has still yet to be made.

Alien Big Chap gets The Articulation Series treatment featuring live action mixed with stop motion for the special intro!

I think the Eve Arnold picture was taken after the scenes within the Narcissus when they sprayed the suit & dome silver. The head below I believe was The secondary mechanical head that was created by David Watling. It wasn't used in the film. The dome was clear but fogged up on the set due to the heat & condensation, so the SH figure is in fact accurate, in that respect anyway. As Abake pointed out there's too many teeth! The perfect A L I E N figure has still yet to be made.

I have to agree as well. I am a stickler for a "perfect" alien fig...

:dunno

Love those videos!
Great way of marketing the figures. I'm still not sold on the sculpt and proportions though, so I'll happily stick to my NECA alien.

If Roswell just took the alien sculpted by yoshihiko sano, and had him modify it by adding the elbow spurs and resculpting the gloved hands with wrist striped and paired fingers, and added articulation, and paint do screen accurate paint, it'd be the perfect figures since the proportions are exactly as the original statue based off of bolaji's body.

If you ask me, neca's perfect

With NECA going out of their way to NOT release any AvP Preds I was hoping MonsterArts would finally give us something. That said, I wasn't really that impressed with the Wolf Predator they released so my excitement had already died down quite a bit since the initial announcement. Then they pulled that shady stunt with the Heavy Armor version of Wolf and that soured me on the line even more.

Neca posted a tweet quiet a while ago (like 2 months or so) saying that we might see some avp predators near the end of the year or starting the next

Neca posted a tweet quiet a while ago (like 2 months or so) saying that we might see some avp predators near the end of the year or starting the next

Yeah, yeah, yeah. As the saying goes - "I'll believe it when I see it" :p. NECA has been teasing the AvP Preds for what seems like forever now, but they always seem to keep getting pushed out later and later.

Love this figure. So many poses and possibilities!!!

This is the one right now on top of my detolf!!!

blogger-image--1845276236.jpg

blogger-image-1591750656.jpg

blogger-image--1203069208.jpg

Okay if you want to use production photos, how about these:
View attachment 119979
View attachment 119980
View attachment 119981

The alien's skull was never meant to be seen clearly through the dome and I think the toy should have reflected that. The press photos for the toy announcement looked spot on to the movie's intention. I think the production toy was a big step backwards. I would have bought Big Chap if the dome wasn't clear.

Same here, they should've stuck with the shaded dome, would have bought if they did

Back