S.H. MonsterArts Alien and Predator Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright I decided to pick this one up just because I like the giger design so much and worst case scenario I return it.
smart move,but I bet you will like it in hand . I plan on collecting every alien and predator they make, I love these little bugggers.

Hi have it...looks just like these pix...honestly the Revoltech, even if light on tiny, precise details, is amazingly accurate, has better proportions to the character and feels to have more depth and layers in terms of the exoskeleton, ribs, accuracy on terms of the sculpted details and less stylized than this one....

I don't want to say it's (monsterarts version) redundant, but it kinda feels that way....I'm disappointed considering how good the warrior looks, and considering what Yuji Sakai has delivered for the godzilla line...they seriously need to hire yoshihiko sano to do a figure of the alien and match it to the suit details instead of the original sculpt this time.

I got my Big Chap today and honestly I am a little disappointed. Every figuarts I have, I love but this one falls short imo. It does look nice and the dome and skull look good too. The tail really bothers me though. I really like the standing straight up with the tail curled between the legs look and I can't get that pose.

Thanks for the link!

I'm really glad they fixed the dome, but really disappointed they got the teeth wrong.
It's funny how different artists project their own cultural bias on what they are sculpting. Both the Revoltech and this one have comparatively long torsos and short(er) legs, much like the japanese morphology.

Wow. You're right about the legs, abake. I never noticed that before. It's like he's half Chibi! :lol

Capture_zps6338635c.png

After having Big Chap for a few days and despite my initial problems/nitpicks with the figure, it's actually really grown on me.

I was having a problem with the tongue coming out and not being able to close the mouth all the way. I'm problem the only person who would do this but I was able to pull the jaw off and remove the tongue. I can now tilt the head forward with out the tongue sliding out all the time.

I own the Big Chap and the figure would be near perfect if they just fogged up the dome to be movie accurate. However, in any case, I enjoy this line. Of course I am not at all an AVP: R fan so I just want them to make a Grid Alien, Scar, and Celtic. But most of all, I am hoping for them do to a Aliens Warrior, Alien Queen, Dog Alien, Ripley, Hicks, Dallas, Kane, Drake and any other human figures to go along with this line.

Back