S.H. MonsterArts Alien and Predator Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dome is completely transparent. It SUCKS. It looks nothing like the prototype.

I feel so ripped off.

Not only that the figure is cheap and flimsy, the neck joints are a total disaster.

I painted the dome black but it still just looks like a cheap piece of garbage. Now I can't return it cause I painted it...but I suppose I could strip the paint and repackage it after the head explodes (which happens every time you try to turn the neck) and call it "broken." But that's a big bother. Most likely I'll just eat the loss and continue to grumble about it and warn others to save themselves the frustration.

Yeah, the prototype pics made it look awesome. In hand, it's garbage. Stick with NECA or any other of the alternatives.
I've had none of the problems your having with my big chap, so maybe you just got a bad one.

(ikki).... oh you did? sorry i didnt see the link. I just saw that one pic frontal pic...... i just paid for my big chap. i like the figure, but there are a few things i wish woiuld be better for the figure. still it should look awsome next to a hord of s.h. aliens. i really looking foward to a scar or queen. i keep hopeing for a Queen.:duff:duff fb491d17-s.jpg

(ikki).... oh you did? sorry i didnt see the link. I just saw that one pic frontal pic...... i just paid for my big chap. i like the figure, but there are a few things i wish woiuld be better for the figure. still it should look awsome next to a hord of s.h. aliens. i really looking foward to a scar or queen. i keep hopeing for a Queen.:duff:duffView attachment 112867
I'm looking forward to any alien and predator's they do, I'm hooked on this line.

The pics from the link are very nice.
It looks like they fixed the dome, it looks a lot better now. I still don't like the teeth very much though.

I think I'll stick with NECA, I really like Kyle's sculpt better.

I cancelled. I wanted to support this line but the AVP Alien, while a great sculpt, will not stay together.... and the Wolf is incomplete and honestly, not as exciting to me as any of the NECA offerings. Was looking forward to Big Chap.... and what else they put out..but I'll stick to the other company.
Still hoping Hiya kicks their line outta the park...

I'm hearing so many complaints about Big Chaps dome on forums and reviews, but not one person has mentioned this to Bluefin's facebook wall or twitter. You all should let them know, otherwise you'll continue to get releases like this.

Whether the actual dome was completely transparent or not, I've never seen an image of the actual prop that showed a completely transparent dome, and in the movie, the dome looked inky black.

Anyway, I was thinking of giving the figure one last chance...can't be THAT bad right? Some people seem to like it....

I tried removing the dome again to get a look at the skull detail and SNAP. The tiny fragile peg holding the jaw on snapped. Now his mouth just dangles there....broken, useless.

That's the final straw on this piece of garbage. I didn't even bother trying to remove the paint I used. I just re-boxed the broken figure and tomorrow I'm sending it right back to amazon.

I implore you not to make the same mistake I did. I should have waited for in-hand pics and reviews before pulling the trigger on this one. They promised a premium figure but this thing sucks soooooo bad.

My first and last foray into the Monsterarts/Figurarts line of products.

Whether the actual dome was completely transparent or not, I've never seen an image of the actual prop that showed a completely transparent dome, and in the movie, the dome looked inky black.

Anyway, I was thinking of giving the figure one last chance...can't be THAT bad right? Some people seem to like it....

I tried removing the dome again to get a look at the skull detail and SNAP. The tiny fragile peg holding the jaw on snapped. Now his mouth just dangles there....broken, useless.

That's the final straw on this piece of garbage. I didn't even bother trying to remove the paint I used. I just re-boxed the broken figure and tomorrow I'm sending it right back to amazon.

I implore you not to make the same mistake I did. I should have waited for in-hand pics and reviews before pulling the trigger on this one. They promised a premium figure but this thing sucks soooooo bad.

My first and last foray into the Monsterarts/Figurarts line of products.

My apologies if that came across a bit snarky, I certainly didn't mean it that way. I'm sorry to hear that you had a duff figure, sadly it seems to be an occupational hazard with this hobby. Personally I'm still keen to get this figure, especially after the photo's that Blood's posted.

Alright I decided to pick this one up just because I like the giger design so much and worst case scenario I return it.

I don't know about the figure being flimsy. I mean, I own both the prototype and the mass produced one and both are very durable. I have to add by taking the dome off, you are risking breaking the figure as it's not intended for removal. It's not a garbage figure by any means. It's articulation is much smoother and has better balance than the Alien Warrior. I would wait to get this figure when it goes on sale for about $30-$35.

Back