S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey I know these are Bandai kits not figuarts, but can I get some feedback on this weathering? Not sure I like it.
8f4acf7bacec4d2418d2c6e21f3c64cc.jpg
e272ec8ecc1b6f196958570ff6068cad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It looks really good to me. It looks like Finn walking through the desert in his gear.

Hey I know these are Bandai kits not figuarts, but can I get some feedback on this weathering? Not sure I like it.
8f4acf7bacec4d2418d2c6e21f3c64cc.jpg
e272ec8ecc1b6f196958570ff6068cad.jpg

Its a bit over done, imo, maybe try one with corners picked out, or maybe a lighter color, the brown is pretty harsh against the white

I think it looks great it reminds me of powder coated metal like tractor equipment that begins to rust or sea sprayed metal that begins to rust around the edges and jointed/moving parts. If you got a fine tipped brush and dotted in some white paint flakes on top of the “rust spots” so it looks raised like rust has gotten under the paint but it hasn’t flaked off yet.

Its a bit over done, imo, maybe try one with corners picked out, or maybe a lighter color, the brown is pretty harsh against the white
Yeah I think the main issue is there's too much brown and not enough black, so he comes off as more sandy, but it looks weird because it's only on the corners and not all over.
I think it looks great it reminds me of powder coated metal like tractor equipment that begins to rust or sea sprayed metal that begins to rust around the edges and jointed/moving parts. If you got a fine tipped brush and dotted in some white paint flakes on top of the “rust spots” so it looks raised like rust has gotten under the paint but it hasn’t flaked off yet.
Great idea, might try that to tone it down a bit.
I also did a commander but used black instead of brown, I think it works much better.

Appreciate the feedback guys!
c57eed0a199d623a69185d6cc22fbe9c.jpg
939f8306bb4098740fbddeae47e6b508.jpg

Looks like it was dragged behind a car driving on asphalt which is better then the brown which looked like he fell into a septic tank... If you want to give the armor a weather look it needs to be more subtle and the weathering effects shouldn't be so dark... just my opinion... good luck..

Looks like it was dragged behind a car driving on asphalt which is better then the brown which looked like he fell into a septic tank... If you want to give the armor a weather look it needs to be more subtle and the weathering effects shouldn't be so dark... just my opinion... good luck..
So like greys rather than blacks? I tried blacks on the commander

It really depends on what you're going for and what planet he's supposed to be on. IIRC the Stormtroopers that held Jynn on that transport the first time we see her as an adult remind me of this weathering; a dark/black grimy look.

If you're going for desert or forest planet weathering, it's too dark.

I don't think I've ever seen a FO Stormtrooper looking that messed up. I think the most battle damage was just light brown sand and some blood on them.

Mine was posted by N2G today, I can’t wait! I hope I get her before Xmas :)

Blatantly gonna be displaying her with the hood up.

Based on that photo, I'm already a bit disappointed that the lips aren't dark enough. Leia was wearing some very red lipstick for most of that movie, and this seems to be a more natural look. Glad the eyes seem to have her signature eyeliner now though.

Looks awesome. Can’t wait for mine.

And yeah, it looks like the eyes might be a little better? Especially on the alternate sculpt. And I agree, the lips should be a richer/darker red.

Goddamn that Leia is on point. Just ordered her and ANH Luke to complete the set with Han and Chewie. :D

Just paid for my shf Leia. This is basically a standing cone much like old man Obi-wan, lol!

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-G935W8 發送

Back