S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again with the ******** discuss between black series and figuarts? Really?
Well anyway, I received Anakin, he isn't as bad as people say.
It's clearly not perfect though.

Well anyway, I received Anakin, he isn't as bad as people say.
It's clearly not perfect though.

Same here. Finally got him and am happy for the most part. Not a figure that blows me away but it pretty good. My main gripe are the faces. The only one I like is the Sith eyed version. The one he comes with on is okay but I don't see Hayden in the sculpt. The screaming face just does not look right to me.

Costume and possibility are nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 out of his 3 faces look too cartoonish lol

I cannot see anything but this with his screaming face.
25645ee6a74b52b5e7230b94dd1b9ab5.png

316913dbc0caf28d5e73c625230561f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Finally cracked mine open and snapped some pics. I have a lot of Star Wars figuarts, most of them and this figure is on par with most of those releases. Do all 3 face plates look accurate, no, but I am pleased with them all just the same. My only gripe, and this might just be my figure, what's up with the 2 completely different elbow joints? Figures left elbow seems like a standard arm joint, I've built enough of the Bandai model kits, the figures right elbow joint looks more like a leg joint, anyone else's like this? At any rate, really happy to have him, can't wait for Obi-Wan and Dooku...

Oh, and the face plates on mine fit great, no gap or massive seam so I seem to have got lucky there.

https://i.imgur.com/NtchE9t.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/wEh31CH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7B3b2uu.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NAje92f.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/XMmV4p7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ivkXgFm.jpg

Cant we go one day without trying to downplay the figure? Its fine in hand.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can't we go one day without trying to downplay legitimate criticisms of the figure? It's not fine in hand. One face is fine. The other two are wonky at best, terrible at worst.

All of the Anakin figures have the same big and small elbow joints. One arm is smaller because it lacks the large sleeve. Having a small joint on the sleeved arm would decrease the articulation it has and look dumb and having a big joint on the sleeveless arm would look dumb. It’s getting idiotic with the Anakin complaints, look what lengths people are going to “fix” the faces.

81D03BCB-FC40-4628-A9D1-53F63F7B09F3.jpeg

Crazy eyes run in the family

01A88CD9-7624-4677-B121-048B1623FA76.jpeg

All of the Anakin figures have the same big and small elbow joints. One arm is smaller because it lacks the large sleeve. Having a small joint on the sleeved arm would decrease the articulation it has and look dumb and having a big joint on the sleeveless arm would look dumb. It’s getting idiotic with the Anakin complaints, look what lengths people are going to “fix” the faces.

View attachment 431013

Crazy eyes run in the family

View attachment 431014

That's what I assumed, just wasn't sure. I rarely have QC issue with figuarts but it does happen.

Woof, repainting? I mean I can see fi people think the sculpt is off but repainting these heads I don't think will help much. This is 1/12 scale, these are tiny, this is about as good as one can hope for in this scale. I am all for valid figure complaints, peoples face plates not sitting flush or misprinted faces or dip in quality is all fair, luckily mine turned out great, super happy with this.

That's what I assumed, just wasn't sure. I rarely have QC issue with figuarts but it does happen.

Woof, repainting? I mean I can see fi people think the sculpt is off but repainting these heads I don't think will help much. This is 1/12 scale, these are tiny, this is about as good as one can hope for in this scale. I am all for valid figure complaints, peoples face plates not sitting flush or misprinted faces or dip in quality is all fair, luckily mine turned out great, super happy with this.

Thing is Figuarts can and has done better. They've shown how amazing 1/12 scale faces can be. I think their Maul likeness is better than the Hot Toys and Side Show attempt. Mace is perfection. Ep1 Obi-wan, aside from the gold frosted tip hair, is dead on. Kylo Ren? Perfect. Etc etc. Hell they did a better job with Ep2 Ani compared to this one. With this they gave us one face thats pretty good, but also strangely baby faced looking. And two other faces that looked modeled off of Hayde's stunt double.

The problem is Figuarts sets a standard for themselves and then consistently misses it.

Thing is Figuarts can and has done better. They've shown how amazing 1/12 scale faces can be. I think their Maul likeness is better than the Hot Toys and Side Show attempt. Mace is perfection. Ep1 Obi-wan, aside from the gold frosted tip hair, is dead on. Kylo Ren? Perfect. Etc etc. Hell they did a better job with Ep2 Ani compared to this one. With this they gave us one face thats pretty good, but also strangely baby faced looking. And two other faces that looked modeled off of Hayde's stunt double.

The problem is Figuarts sets a standard for themselves and then consistently misses it.

I mostly agree, they killed it on all those figures you mention. Farm Luke and Han from New Hope I really like too. I think because these figures are pricey people hold them to a certain standard, which I get. I tend to be more forgiving simply because I know that perfection is an illusion and most of the time these are pretty close to being accurate. And for the most part this is about as good as we're gonna get for quite some time. So I'm a happy camper. Maybe eventually Bandai will put these all out as model kits and people can tweak them to how they want. I just need them to start on figures from Empire, so many great characters to do!

Can't we go one day without trying to downplay legitimate criticisms of the figure? It's not fine in hand. One face is fine. The other two are wonky at best, terrible at worst.

Valid criticism should be fine here, this thread is to discuss SW Figuarts - the good, the bad and the damn ugly.

I do take issue with the regular hijacking of BS Vs Figuarts though - it becomes tiresome. Just look through the last few pages. Next time, someone should just start a separate ‘versus/conparison’ thread to fight it out in.

A few days back I decided that I wanted to see what the ROTS Anakin would look like with the AOTC face sculpt. The results are surpring in my opinion. While it looks similar it also looks really good and different at the same time.

8688638c24fb9410065697f2838750d6.jpg

A few days back I decided that I wanted to see what the ROTS Anakin would look like with the AOTC face sculpt. The results are surpring in my opinion. While it looks similar it also looks really good and different at the same time.

8688638c24fb9410065697f2838750d6.jpg

That looks SO much better than what they gave us. It's amazing how they can do something so well one minute, and then appear to half ass it the next

Still not sure what i'm gonna do with this EPIII Anakin. Waiting to get it in hand to decide. I'm sure it'll look somewhat better in hand. At least mine finally shipped from CDJapan, and after sitting in Japan's post for a week it's finally on its way to the US. I'm cheap and just use EMS w/tracking to save the $10. Have never had any issues other than shipping/receiving times taking anywhere from 2 - 5 weeks. Sometimes it sits in Japan for weeks, and sometimes it just sits in the US for weeks.

I have my ultimate Anakin for now with the HT figure, and I have the old SS Premium Format statue as well as numerous 3 3/4" figures. I like to have my favorite characters in each size and I had skipped on the Hasbro BS as I thought it was awful looking. I'll most likely keep it, but if I hate it I'll just sell it. At least I won't lose any money on it and should be able to sell it exactly for what I paid or even make a couple extra bucks.

I did one a bunch of pages back before the figures release as well but with the calm face to see what it could look like.

7CA4B019-1733-444C-939D-F0A519A2BA71.jpeg

I did one a bunch of pages back before the figures release as well but with the calm face to see what it could look like.

Wow that's interesting. I didn't end up checking what the resting face looked like. It seems like he's a bit young there where as the angry face looks like it could work. Thank you for showing this!

Valid criticism should be fine here, this thread is to discuss SW Figuarts - the good, the bad and the damn ugly.

I do take issue with the regular hijacking of BS Vs Figuarts though - it becomes tiresome. Just look through the last few pages. Next time, someone should just start a separate ‘versus/conparison’ thread to fight it out in.

I dont know about that. I just went back through 7 pages in this thread, and there was only one semi positive remark about anything Black Series, but there were plenty of posts from people complaining about people comparing Black Series to Figuarts. Im struggling to see all these posts that folks are complaining about.

What I do see is a lot of people stating their opinion on Anakin's heads which appears to be: "It's a nice figure, but they missed the mark on his likeness". Black Series has nothing at all to do with it, but if anyone wants to compare, of course the Figuarts is MUCH better than the BS Anakin. That thing looks horrendous :lol

Cant we go one day without trying to downplay the figure? Its fine in hand.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It really is. I have him on a shelf next to Jedi Luke, Maul, and EP1 Kenobi and he fits right in. :dunno

Tried snapping a pic but it doesn't look anything like what i am seeing with my own 3 eyes. That talent continues to elude me.

Back