S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remind me, you do customize those right?
If so...I don't think you can be considered a Scalper, especially because you are well known for the customization you do on those.

LipSmack is right though, Bandai should fight to release them in Western territories.

I'm not that interested in this version of Leia though....I only fear that I will be after her release...So I don't know if I have to buy it or not....=/

The versions I'm interested in are Bespin Leia and Endor Leia ( the dress one) so...hu...I don't know...One Leia might be better than none at all.

Guess I'm a scalper guys....
3ebe510fbcd154fbee978e73810bc301.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Nope... Just an addict with a disease. A mental disorder all us collectors share. Some just more than others from the looks of your picture.

:rotfl

Some people (like myself) buy just enough multiples to display in the various forms a figure can be displayed in. Some choose to also buy two to have one on display and one in the box. These aren’t scalpers. Scalpers are people that buy multiples solely for the purpose of reselling. Some aren’t even collectors and simply see these figures as $$

Please don’t get it twisted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remind me, you do customize those right?
If so...I don't think you can be considered a Scalper, especially because you are well known for the customization you do on those.

LipSmack is right though, Bandai should fight to release them in Western territories.

I'm not that interested in this version of Leia though....I only fear that I will be after her release...So I don't know if I have to buy it or not....=/

The versions I'm interested in are Bespin Leia and Endor Leia ( the dress one) so...hu...I don't know...One Leia might be better than none at all.

Just buy it! I doubt it'll be this cheap again; even if you don't want it you'll get most of your money back.

I find it a little odd that people need to buy 2 of something in a limited run, why not let others get one as well? I am not a fan of scalpers.

Knew your question was implying that. First of all, since when does buying an extra to display in the box constitute as scalping? Second of all, if I wanna buy 2 or 200, that's none of your business. Period.

Or I could say, «*Why are you being agressive toward someone asking you a simple question?*»

Yeah, because somebody asking me why I need X of whatever I want to buy, in a clearly accusatory way, isn't agressive at all. *rolls eyes* People these days, indeed. Hell, think I'll go buy a couple more from CD Japan now just to prove a point!

Last edited:
Personally, I find the whole "scalper" conversation to be a bit odd, like it's a psychological cover for something else. How is it that anyone who wants to collect these is not able to get what he/she wants at a reasonable price? Is there really an individual, or a group of individuals, buying up the majority of these, thereby drying out the primary market, and making a killing by driving up prices on the secondary market? I just don't see that. You can get most SHF figures at retail prices at Amazon, or at any of the Japanese sites that we all use, even months after release.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I have come to interpret "I hate scalpers" to mean, "I didn't buy this when it was cheaper, and I hate to pay secondary market prices for anything." Well, sorry. Instead of looking in the mirror, it's easier to just invent a boogeyman.

Anyway, I got Leia at CDJapan yesterday. She looks amazing and will look even better in hand. And she's still available there today for $44.19 - you know, if you want one.

Personally, I find the whole "scalper" conversation to be a bit odd, like it's a psychological cover for something else. How is it that anyone who wants to collect these is not able to get what he/she wants at a reasonable price? Is there really an individual, or a group of individuals, buying up the majority of these, thereby drying out the primary market, and making a killing by driving up prices on the secondary market? I just don't see that. You can get most SHF figures at retail prices at Amazon, or at any of the Japanese sites that we all use, even months after release.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I have come to interpret "I hate scalpers" to mean, "I didn't buy this when it was cheaper, and I hate to pay secondary market prices for anything." Well, sorry. Instead of looking in the mirror, it's easier to just invent a boogeyman.

Anyway, I got Leia at CDJapan yesterday. She looks amazing and will look even better in hand. And she's still available there today for $44.19 - you know, if you want one.

:goodpost:

Guess I'm a scalper guys....
3ebe510fbcd154fbee978e73810bc301.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

:clap :clap :clap :clap

Yeah the scalper thing about buying 2 figures seems a bit ridiculous. Also, hasn't everyone seen the all-too-true SNL skit?? I say he needs a third, just in case!

I just ordered one from CDJapan, doesn't seem she's as popular as some of the others that sell in out in hours...

Nailed it. I've been in the collecting game a long, long time, and 95% of the time when somebody cries "scalper!!!", it usually translates to "I'm envious of your ability to buy X of (insert random item here), and since I can't do the same myself, I'm going to project my feelings of jealousy and inadequacy onto you by making you into some kind of villain."

Tale as old as time....or at least 1995 when Star Warts toys came back, heh.

Considering the reissued Jedi Luke's face print was nicer than the original, I decided to take a shot at the Han reissue. I already have the first release but I wasn't really happy with it. It's not as terrible as pictures I've seen, but the print is fuzzy and skin on the face is "dirty" looking.

The reissue is definitely a cleaner and sharper print. The eyes for instance have details and colors not seen on the original release because they blend together. The skin portion of the print is more subtle and blends into the face better. The shading around the mouth is more precise and doesn't make his lips look swollen.

Also, they put more room in the packaging for the face so the nose won't get squished.

Could you please post some comparison pics? Or maybe just some close up pics of the new Han face itself? I was very curious if they would update it for the re-release.

I just ordered SHF BB-4 from MyKombini's eBay page for $14.99 shipped.

I'm having to make up for CDJapan's lack of participation in the bundle offers last year. Sigh.

Considering the reissued Jedi Luke's face print was nicer than the original, I decided to take a shot at the Han reissue. I already have the first release but I wasn't really happy with it. It's not as terrible as pictures I've seen, but the print is fuzzy and skin on the face is "dirty" looking.

The reissue is definitely a cleaner and sharper print. The eyes for instance have details and colors not seen on the original release because they blend together. The skin portion of the print is more subtle and blends into the face better. The shading around the mouth is more precise and doesn't make his lips look swollen.

Also, they put more room in the packaging for the face so the nose won't get squished.

I heard the reissue Han is all Dull coat, so the boots arent glossy like the V1, can you confirm?

Yeah. Boots are not glossy. The blue pants are a little desaturated. Skintone on the chest/neck has more orange/reddish shading. The hands are tan. Brown for the belt and holster is also a bit different. Shirt is the same, the molding on the arms looks smoother and nicer on the new one compared to my original. Vest is more pliable.

Left is reissue, right is original.

l3aeIz0.jpg

Back