S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cheap figures aren't knockoffs. The face printing tech Tamashii uses is hard to replicate so there aren't any bootlegs out there and I doubt there will be any. The looseness might be from people just over posing them I guess.

Death Maul is a very popular character and there probably aren't too many people that wanna sell theirs.

ROTJ Luke was the first Luke Figuarts made and was very well received. That exclusive head also plays a factor too. Also he looks cool af in that outfit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I looked on ebay for a Figuarts Darth Maul, and there are several identical listings of Figuarts Darth Mauls, from different sellers, for about $55 shipped, all from China, and all without boxes. I am avoiding them because I thought they were likely knock-offs.

The cheapest boxd Maul I see is $90. So quite the jump

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware there aren't any bootlegs. I did notice the ones from China say that the figure doesn't come with a box so that might explain the low price

I do think there's a good chance he'll get a re-release. With Qui Gon it would be foolish of Tamashii to not re-release him. If they pair that with the speeder bike we saw a while back they could make a killing

I don't know where figuarts are made, but if they are made in China, perhaps what the Chinese are selling are factory rejects.

I don't know where figuarts are made, but if they are made in China, perhaps what the Chinese are selling are factory rejects.

This. I haven't personally ordered any of those, but I've seen a lot of people compare them and they look identical.

This. I haven't personally ordered any of those, but I've seen a lot of people compare them and they look identical.

Thats pretty cool if they are the same, the price point isnt silly cheap but sensible, which is a good indicator its legit.
I once had a figma ko figure of snake solid for about £10 delivered, should have known it would fall apart at that price which it did. In retrospect i could see the subtle differences between the official and ko figure. Its made me paranoid of making the same mistake again.

It's hard to wait for all those upcoming SHF...

Chewie, Anakin, Padme, Droids, Qui-Gon... this is a dream come true.

To fill that void while I wait, I finally bought the MAFEX Phasma... I hope I do not regret it.

It's hard to wait for all those upcoming SHF...

Chewie, Anakin, Padme, Droids, Qui-Gon... this is a dream come true.

To fill that void while I wait, I finally bought the MAFEX Phasma... I hope I do not regret it.
Fwoodh just reviewed Phasma, looks like another good Mafex figure.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Fwoodh just reviewed Phasma, looks like another good Mafex figure.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I finally made my decision thanks to Robo from The Fwoosh.

I actually was happy with my custom Phasma Bandai kit, but this MAFEX thing has something that blows my mind...

Wow Mafex Phasma turned out excellent. I didn't like the Figuarts at all with the non-chrome finish and the incredibly underwhelming size. The only gripe I have is the cape perhaps being too short but that's always solvable with the rikhor custom. Definitely getting this one

Wow Mafex Phasma turned out excellent. I didn't like the Figuarts at all with the non-chrome finish and the incredibly underwhelming size. The only gripe I have is the cape perhaps being too short but that's always solvable with the rikhor custom. Definitely getting this one

SH Figuarts Phasma is an awesome figure, but an awful Phasma...

I expect MAFEX to be so good in both ways.

SH Figuarts Phasma is an awesome figure, but an awful Phasma...

I expect MAFEX to be so good in both ways.

I have seen the MAFEX Phasma in person, and I own the SHF Phasma. Although MAFEX did a much better job with the chrome, I was left sufficiently unimpressed with it to not warrant a purchase, as I typically am with most MAFEX offerings (except for their Kylo Ren). When I compare the MAFEX and SHF Phasma figures, there is just something sleek and sexy about the latter which always draws me to it, despite the chrome finish not being as screen accurate. There's just something about it.

But, it's all subjective, I guess.

I have seen the MAFEX Phasma in person, and I own the SHF Phasma. Although MAFEX did a much better job with the chrome, I was left sufficiently unimpressed with it to not warrant a purchase, as I typically am with most MAFEX offerings (except for their Kylo Ren). When I compare the MAFEX and SHF Phasma figures, there is just something sleek and sexy about the latter which always draws me to it, despite the chrome finish not being as screen accurate. There's just something about it.

I'm in the same boat. I'm happy with my Figuarts version, so I'll pas on Mafex. I'm hoping that we get a chrome Figuarts version with a human headsculpt from episode VIII.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat. I'm happy with my Figuarts version, so I'll pas on Mafex. I'm hoping that we get a chrome Figuarts version with a human headsculpt from episode VIII.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That won't happen lol. That would mean them admitting defeat in regards to the paint finish. If we do get another Phasma it'll be something like Kylo with an extra accessory or too and simply a facesculpt on the existing body. It'll also still be underscaled

Well, I assume that I will buy at least two versions for some troopers and/or armored characters.

I mean, as action figures, SHF are the best, in which case I don't care about design accuracy, I just enjoy the high range of poses and that unique human look within.

But I also love a good representation of the actual design, there it comes Bandai kits and MAFEX.

Alll you know that the eventual SHF Boba Fett will be so fun and good, but far away of an accurate version like the MAFEX ones.

That's the way of 1/12 collecting is going on, people... :lecture

Speaking of Mafex Phasma, just snagged her also. First time using Amazon Japan, after stocking it for ages. The price dropped and got her $58 shipped! Looks like they use a pretty decent shipping speed too.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01C3WRR0I/ref=pe_492632_159100282_TE_item

I'm staying with my 2 separate SHF versions of Kylo, and hopefully eventually some custom softgoods for them. I do love the SHF Phasma, but man the Mafex finish is that new new. :rotfl

I definitely walk the line between wanting crazy articulated figures and highly accurate ones. Sure, it'd be amazing if they were always both, but I'm sometimes ok going with Mafex if it's a character that doesn't necessarily do splits and cartwheels all the time. So far, that means Boba and now Phasma. 3PO still haunts my every last nerve-ending.

Speaking of Mafex Phasma, just snagged her also. First time using Amazon Japan, after stocking it for ages. The price dropped and got her $58 shipped! Looks like they use a pretty decent shipping speed too.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01C3WRR0I/ref=pe_492632_159100282_TE_item

I'm staying with my 2 separate SHF versions of Kylo, and hopefully eventually some custom softgoods for them. I do love the SHF Phasma, but man the Mafex finish is that new new. :rotfl

I definitely walk the line between wanting crazy articulated figures and highly accurate ones. Sure, it'd be amazing if they were always both, but I'm sometimes ok going with Mafex if it's a character that doesn't necessarily do splits and cartwheels all the time. So far, that means Boba and now Phasma. 3PO still haunts my every last nerve-ending.

MAFEX Phasma is 61€ shipped (eco registered) at Nin-Nin, for me, to Spain. Exactly the same as SHF Qui-Gon.

I am collecting SH Figuarts as a separate line, the main one, because a good calendar of releases.

Then I buy Bandai kits just for funny building and its amazing result. Then I expect to mix it with some "MAFEX in God mode" armored figures like Boba Fett, Phasma, RO Vader and the coming-for-sure Jango Fett with all the accessories. I need that.

Not sure about the human characters. Lets see Rey.

Hey guys. I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I just received my unmasked Kylo which I was greatly anticipating. To my dismay there is a huge QC issue. There is a huge black/grey spot on his nose. When I tilt the figure it is shiny. I have included a picture. Does anyone know if the plastic is this color underneath and the whole head inside and out is completely painted/printed flesh tone? Or is this dark spot likely extra paint/ink that could be removed somehow? I'm so disappointed and there's no way I can get a replacement. If anyone has any tips how to fix this I would really appreciate it. Pretty pissed that Figuarts let a figure out like this when it is a limited edition exclusive. Seems to be more and more issues lately with QC. If you can believe it, it actually looks much worse than the picture in real life.

IMG_3289.jpg

Hey guys. I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I just received my unmasked Kylo which I was greatly anticipating. To my dismay there is a huge QC issue. There is a huge black/grey spot on his nose. When I tilt the figure it is shiny. I have included a picture. Does anyone know if the plastic is this color underneath and the whole head inside and out is completely painted/printed flesh tone? Or is this dark spot likely extra paint/ink that could be removed somehow? I'm so disappointed and there's no way I can get a replacement. If anyone has any tips how to fix this I would really appreciate it. Pretty pissed that Figuarts let a figure out like this when it is a limited edition exclusive. Seems to be more and more issues lately with QC. If you can believe it, it actually looks much worse than the picture in real life.

[...]

That sucks. I had similar dark spot on Han's face, but gentle, persistent scraping with my thumbnail got rid of it completely. Can't tell from your photo if it's also just a paint smear. Be really, really careful so as not to make it worse, but it's worth a shot.

Thank you, I will attempt to do that eventually. Didn't want to use thinner or anything until I try some light measures. Can anyone also enlighten me more on the heat treatment? The nose also has a significant dent and ridge in it that looks very bad in shadows. I tried dipping it in a bowl of hot water but nothing is really happening. Do I need to heat it for a few minutes and then try to smooth it by pushing on it? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Back