S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it is confirmed by Medicom. I think MAFEX could be closer than SHF to Boyega, but the FO Stormie is too weird. I still think that the coolest FO Stormies are the SHF ones. Sure, the less accurate ones, but the coolest ones.

Hmm. We'll see about that, when it releases in 5 years... :rotfl

I agree, it took me a while to fall in love with the Figuarts FO Troopers because of the proportions. But they are incredible figures and can't be touched by any other line.

Hmm, I mean the face is ok, but then Mafex have done this before so im not too surprised. I really love how the soft goods look but looks like I will be popping the black series robes back on my figuarts Kylo and begrudgingly buying the "limited edition one for the figuarts face.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yes it is confirmed by Medicom. I think MAFEX could be closer than SHF to Boyega, but the FO Stormie is too weird. I still think that the coolest FO Stormies are the SHF ones. Sure, the less accurate ones, but the coolest ones.

The 3D printing technology is licensed and copyrighted under Bandai's Tamashii Nations brand and got nothing to do with Medicom. What you're seeing is good sculpting and paint as usual with all prototypes.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 3D printing technology is licensed and copyrighted under Bandai's Tamashii Nations brand and got nothing to do with Medicom. What you're seeing is good sculpting and paint as usual with all prototypes.

That's rather rude. Medicom confirmed on their production blog that they'll be using a printing technology on all their faces from Harley Quinn onwards. The technology is not exclusive to Bandai by any means, DC Collectibles have even started using it on their Icons line. All Tamashii did was trademark their particular process as a marketing gimmick.

https://www.medicomtoy.tv/blog/?p=35427

That's rather rude. Medicom confirmed on their production blog that they'll be using a printing technology on all their faces from Harley Quinn onwards. The technology is not exclusive to Bandai by any means, DC Collectibles have even started using it on their Icons line. All Tamashii did was trademark their particular process as a marketing gimmick.

https://www.medicomtoy.tv/blog/?p=35427

Wow I didn't realize it was really going down. Sorry to take this page down the Mafex rabbit hole again... It would be cool if they used the printing to help with some of the facial shading. It's great that the eyes look crisp, but don't know if it's enough.

0076_160524_rma7rn_h.jpghq_blog04-768x528.jpg

That's rather rude.

No offense to anyone, but this exchange made me giggle.

I still don't think MAFEX can compete with SHF right now with regard to facial sculpting and paint. The new MAFEX Kylo Ren is a big letdown, and I am now worried about my order for the MAFEX Rey.

I really wanted Padme to go with Anakin but I'm so possed off it's another exclusive, I'm thinking I might call it quits here. I don't mind paying good money for good figures but it's feeling like a piss take.

Dark thoughts about selling some off and cancelling Anakin but I don't k ow. Maybe I should sleep on it, feeling tired and grumpy at the moment!

No offense to anyone, but this exchange made me giggle.

I still don't think MAFEX can compete with SHF right now with regard to facial sculpting and paint. The new MAFEX Kylo Ren is a big letdown, and I am now worried about my order for the MAFEX Rey.

I actually think the facial sculpts are fine, it's just their paint process and quality control letting things down. Really letting things down...

There is no reason to argue guys mafex is TRASH case closed.
Not entirely. They've made some great figures including BVS Batman and Armored Batman as well as Boba Fett. Then they have a handful of figures with some issues but still pretty good like Spider-Man and Wonder Woman. Then of course they have huge duds like Superman.

Medicom's Mafex line definitley has big problems overall and there's lots of room for improvement, but they aren't outright trash.

Bandi's S.H.Figuarts line isn't perfect either. They definitley still make the ocassioal bad figure.

The difference is its more common for a Figuarts figure to be great while a Mafex figure will most likely cause some frustration. For all of Mafex's bad figures there's a great figuarts, and for all of figuarts bad figures there's a good Mafex.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I just bought a Hasbro kylo head cast and am gonna try painting it, and using tiny decals to get crisp eyes. You know, if someone had that head scanned, you could texture the model SHF style and have it printed onto the head. The technology is out there for non-uniform surface printing, and just like 3D printing services will probably be availiable in the near future. This may be the best option, the Hasbro sculpt is quite good (but let down by the happy meal paint, like all the other black series)

I just bought a Hasbro kylo head cast and am gonna try painting it, and using tiny decals to get crisp eyes. You know, if someone had that head scanned, you could texture the model SHF style and have it printed onto the head. The technology is out there for non-uniform surface printing, and just like 3D printing services will probably be availiable in the near future. This may be the best option, the Hasbro sculpt is quite good (but let down by the happy meal paint, like all the other black series)

Given the low material and casting quality of the final Hasbro product, you'd probably be better off getting someone with Zbrush to remake it from scratch than scanning it and trying to fix all the surface imperfections...

do you know the seller mykombini?

If I want to get 2 figures that have 2 different release date (like han solo and chewbe) but I want to recive them with a single shipping.. Do you know if it's possible?

Just got an email from NY saying that Kylo's release has been moved up 4 days to 24th Feb. I love Figuarts....... always on schedule!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

do you know the seller mykombini?

If I want to get 2 figures that have 2 different release date (like han solo and chewbe) but I want to recive them with a single shipping.. Do you know if it's possible?
They're a online retailer like hlj or amiami btw, not just an eBay seller
Given the low material and casting quality of the final Hasbro product, you'd probably be better off getting someone with Zbrush to remake it from scratch than scanning it and trying to fix all the surface imperfections...
I might give it a shot actually, I feel a lot of people aren't willing to buy a whole fig for the head so it shouldn't be a hard sell

Back