S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off topic, do you guys think the unmasked kylo will be a different neck connection/peg than the masked kylo? I really want to unload this extra kylo body before hand as they are otherwise identical. Anyone know what my best option would be?

I was going to skip anakin and obiwan hahaha because i was thinking of waiting for episode 3 versions. But im liking padme now. Damn

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Woody's gonna need another female companion. Padme might just be the one he's waiting for.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Woody's gonna need another female companion. Padme might just be the one he's waiting for.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

original.jpg

Apart from the cartoon/ inaccurate headsculpt though right? None of Figuarts Star Wars figures have accurate helmets. I think it's intentional/ stylistic choice though, even just looking at their bodies you can tell they aren't going for absolute realistic proportions. It is weird though because I'd say their human characters have near spot on proportions.
If you look at the reviews and pics folks are posting he doesnt have an inaccurate helmet at all, it was jist the promo pics showing that. The helmet looks spot on now imo.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

From Padme being another exclusive im going to hazard a guess that prequel figures arent selling as well as they had hoped. Like I said before, they only reasons they make figures web exs is either for smaller role characters or to ensure they dont waste money making them.

If you look at the reviews and pics folks are posting he doesnt have an inaccurate helmet at all, it was jist the promo pics showing that. The helmet looks spot on now imo.

Hmm, I disagree. I think it's still as cartoony a representation of the Rogue One helmet as the original figuarts Stormtrooper. I have the hot toys one in hand and it's definitely not accurate. It's feature accurate I guess but the proportions lean more towards that sort of playarts look still. Mafex are sticklers to proportions over articulation (and obviously quality control lol).

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

No two helmets are ever identical, they use different molds for them in the films and especially in the original trilogy. Given time I could probably find the helmet tamashii based both figures off (yes, even the first one)

I would actually go so far as to say the hot toys one has too thin a mouthpiece going off that pic, but I also know that some helmets were molded that way in the films.

The OT helmets were a mess. The Rogue One helmets are a lot more consistent.

costumes_of_rogue_one____stormtrooper_21_by_topgunsga-dabuv3u.jpg

Rogue%20One%20Stormtrooper%20Helmet.jpg~original

As for the first release, I'm sure it was based off ROTJ.

2TjQIMn.jpg

It's still crap though.

No two helmets are ever identical, they use different molds for them in the films and especially in the original trilogy. Given time I could probably find the helmet tamashii based both figures off (yes, even the first one)

The molds these days would be perfectly symmetrical and exactly the same as each other due to modern manufacturing processes though, so while yeah, I definitely agree that you eventually find a helmet in the films that looks like certain figures, in Rogue One, there's literally only one look for the helmet.

The molds these days would be perfectly symmetrical and exactly the same as each other due to modern manufacturing processes though, so while yeah, I definitely agree that you eventually find a helmet in the films that looks like certain figures, in Rogue One, there's literally only one look for the helmet.

Though the helmet may not be a perfect sculpt, especially noticeable from that dead forward/under the chin angle, in hand it just screams Stormie. It's hard to explain, once I opened one I wanted 20 of them lol. I love it and think it's the best offering so far, but it's all preference.

Back