S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Methinks people are offended by your implications of dbz collectors being something of a gaijin... frankly, i don't give a rat's ass!

Sent from my LG-V497 using Tapatalk

We are all monkey-like gaijin, as we are not Japanese! I didn't mean to offend anyone with my comment, and I don't bear any hatred towards S.H.Figuarts Dragon Ball collectors. It was just a bit of self-depreciating humor, bro!

I've personally haven't had that issue. When you say you put him in the crouch position you mean you pulled the leg down from the hip joint in order to increase his range of motion?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

No, I would never do something crazy like that! I take good care of my collection, as they are all I have to live for. I mean I did do it once, but I learned to never do it again! S.H.Figuarts are not meant to be disassembled, unless you are given explicit instructions from the Tamashii Gods to do so. I bought a replacement Clonetrooper after ruining my first one, but I'm experiencing the same loose joint issues. I did try pulling the leg out on my original one, I'll admit it. It only made things worse, but I had to test it to be sure.

Pretty much my thoughts too. Either every forum you've been involved with has been full of "nazis" or maybe (hold on to your hat) the issue is you and how you interact with people. Look into that.

When I turn feral I don't just hurt others, I hurt myself. Look, we all get a little crazy sometimes...

Last edited by a moderator:
We are all monkey-like gaijin, as we are not Japanese! I didn't mean to offend anyone with my comment, and I don't bear any hatred towards S.H.Figuarts Dragon Ball collectors. It was just a bit of self-depreciating humor, bro!

I'm still Asian, by the way.

Sent from my LG-V497 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link, Orbital Frame! : )
Obi-Wan looks good but he seems to have the lowest quality paint apps we've seen in the line yet. I'm very surprised by the two colors on his pants. I don't know how they missed that his thighs came out a different color than his knees. Then, of course, his hairline and only partial gold hair- kinda weird. I'm still really excited to get him and pose him but a little let down by his flaws.

Love my Figuarts..but :slap those TPM saber designs

Worst looking sabers in the history of SW. What was Lucas thinking

lol yeah, i always felt the same about Obi Wan & Qui Gon's hilts.. there's something about them that seems, I dunno.. amateurish? Off-putting? I can't quite put my finger on it. Put it this way: there have been WAY better hilt designs than those, at least in my opinion :lol

and at first I thought Kylo Ren's lightsaber looked stupid. C'mon, what's the point of having 2 "mini-sabers" on the hilt? But I've realized they work more as exhaust vents because the crystal within is fractured* thus resulting in the chaotic look of the blade, and now I accept it & looks pretty badass :)

don't wanna see that design become a trend tho, i like it to be unique to Kylo alone

*my theory is that he somehow retrieved it from Vader's old saber & back-engineered it. You may be thinking "but how?" well how the hell did Maz Kaneda manage to acquire Anakin's lightsaber when it plummetted 100 stories down that chasm in ESB? Like she said, "questions for another time"

lol yeah, i always felt the same about Obi Wan & Qui Gon's hilts.. there's something about them that seems, I dunno.. amateurish? Off-putting? I can't quite put my finger on it. Put it this way: there have been WAY better hilt designs than those, at least in my opinion :lol

I didn't like Anakin's first AOTC saber either. Which sucks because I liked Dooku's and Yoda's

It's like Lucas concentrated more on the Sith's sabers more in the PT

But as for the TPM hilts they looked like cigars or toys IMO :slap

and at first I thought Kylo Ren's lightsaber looked stupid. C'mon, what's the point of having 2 "mini-sabers" on the hilt? But I've realized they work more as exhaust vents because the crystal within is fractured thus resulting in the chaotic look of the blade, and now I accept it & looks pretty badass :)

don't wanna see that design become a trend tho, i like it to be unique to Kylo alone

there's a meme going around but this is the only pic i could find

kylo-ren-lightsaber-effectiveness.jpg

both luke and anakin had one of their hands cut off. kylo must've heard them stories. so there, he learns from the past. but will the same faith awaits rey? :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

I have a feeling Kylo will be given Vaders saber in episode 8 as a mirror of Rey getting Lukes. Makes more sense when you realize that the triblade was destroyed in the fight with Rey, so i dont think we will see it return, but with there being so little of the red crystals left, the only logical way to keep red sabers a thing would be for the vader fanatic (Kylo) to find the ultimate prize, his saber. Just a thought ;)

I didn't like Anakin's first AOTC saber either. Which sucks because I liked Dooku's and Yoda's

It's like Lucas concentrated more on the Sith's sabers more in the PT

But as for the TPM hilts they looked like cigars or toys IMO :slap

IIRC Anakins ep2 hilt more closely resembled his Vader lightsaber in design with the black parts, only with a blue crystal.

both luke and anakin had one of their hands cut off. kylo must've heard them stories. so there, he learns from the past. but will the same faith awaits rey? :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

yeah I seen that. I don't watch Rebels but I wanna punch that kid Ezra right in his face. I dunno why. Something about his face, makes me want to punch it.

I also read that the cross-hilt is actually an ancient design. 1 of the coolest things I've ever seen them do (and wish it was saved for this new trilogy instead) was the Darksaber from The Clone Wars. now THAT was a unique weapon

yeah I seen that. I don't watch Rebels but I wanna punch that kid Ezra right in his face. I dunno why. Something about his face, makes me want to punch it.

I DO watch the show and I still want to punch him in the face.

Anyone else think that Poe Dameron is force sensitive?

Photo review of Obi-Wan at Shishioh:

bnr-5.jpg

7-4.jpg

7-11.jpg

7-13.jpg

Thanks for posting that. He looks class. The first picture quoted here is the best picture I've seen of it.

Love my Figuarts..but :slap those TPM saber designs

Worst looking sabers in the history of SW. What was Lucas thinking
Obi's hilt is my personal favourite, qui gon's is up there too!

Obi is looking real good in them pictures. Finally someone for my Maul to fight.

Meanwhile, Kylo looks on...

I have a feeling Kylo will be given Vaders saber in episode 8 as a mirror of Rey getting Lukes. Makes more sense when you realize that the triblade was destroyed in the fight with Rey, so i dont think we will see it return, but with there being so little of the red crystals left, the only logical way to keep red sabers a thing would be for the vader fanatic (Kylo) to find the ultimate prize, his saber. Just a thought ;)

Woah? He's saber got destroyed? I forgot that happened in the movie. Could you tell us how is it there's a few red crystals left?

I DO watch the show and I still want to punch him in the face.

Anyone else think that Poe Dameron is force sensitive?

Read Shattered Empire to answer your question, it's a four issue comic so that wouldn't be too much.

I dont know the details, and it might just be rumor, but apparently the reason Kylos saber crystal is unstable is because it was the only one he could find. Red crystals are only found on Korriban, so it would make sense that after the fall of the empire that Luke or the new republic would take control of that planet and destroy them to stop any would-be sith going there to make a saber.

As for his saber being destroyed, people analyzed the final battle and it definitely looks like Rey cuts his saber in two.

It's not really clear from the comics.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Kylos saber reflected his personality at the time (unstable and untempered), so after completing his training he might come back more in control of his emotions, so the saber wouldnt make much sense. Snoke will give him Vaders saber, I am willing to bet on it.

Back