S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been lurking for a while, but had to create an account to say, it's kinda weird that those two posts referencing the similarities between Muslim headscarves and Jedi robes were deleted... I'm not trying to start anything, but can members not mention the word Muslim? Did it get someone banned? Again, don't mean to start trouble.

Hi, btw, guys. Love this line. Should have Luke coming in February.

Been lurking for a while, but had to create an account to say, it's kinda weird that those two posts referencing the similarities between Muslim headscarves and Jedi robes were deleted... I'm not trying to start anything, but can members not mention the word Muslim? Did it get someone banned? Again, don't mean to start trouble.

Welcome! You'll be so impressed by Luke even better when Farmboy Luke goes for pre order.

Check a few posts back Hyde helped out by putting out the board rules, I can't say for sure if what was posted was "offensive" because like you said it was just finding similarities of the two.

Kind of sad the best Mace to ever be made is coming from Figuarts. Not a knock, the figure looks incredible. I just wish we could get a better 1/6th Mace from Hot Toys.... that probably won't happen though.

It will, at the moment HT's likely gonna cover the TFA first then they might go PT. It's just patience, a long virtue of patience.

Welcome! You'll be so impressed by Luke even better when Farmboy Luke goes for pre order.

Check a few posts back Hyde helped out by putting out the board rules, I can't say for sure if what was posted was "offensive" because like you said it was just finding similarities of the two.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to other OT releases. Han, Chewie, maybe even OT Obi-Wan and Yoda. Also, some Imperial Guards would be good. I was considering picking up some of the chinese knockoffs of the Kotobukiya statues on alibaba.

RoyalGuardsThumb.jpg

these are the real ones. But the guy from the fwoosh bought a haul of bs knock-offs and a ko of the imperial guard was included:

Wow didn't even realize that. That's utterly ridiculous that those posts were deleted.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm looking forward to other OT releases. Han, Chewie, maybe even OT Obi-Wan and Yoda. Also, some Imperial Guards would be good. I was considering picking up some of the chinese knockoffs of the Kotobukiya statues on alibaba.

RoyalGuardsThumb.jpg

these are the real ones. But the guy from the fwoosh bought a haul of bs knock-offs and a ko of the imperial guard was included:

It's ironic that in the EU these guys kicked major butt, but in the film they were so wasted

I've seen that before, aren't they a bit tall next to the SHF line? The vid doesn't want to hit play on my phone. :/

Oh man, it's gonna be great if they teased AND released OT Ben and Yoda.

I've seen that before, aren't they a bit tall next to the SHF line? The vid doesn't want to hit play on my phone. :/

Oh man, it's gonna be great if they teased AND released OT Ben and Yoda.

They are. They're 1/10 scale, but I could almost buy the Imperial Guards being a bit tall next to everyone else. Depending on how picky you are it could work.

Went to Walmart for a few things, stopped by the toy section and found BS Kylo. Now I'm part of the club

R.I.P. Black Series
e2a63f633f9674c21774ec9a16a5e1e5.jpg

Give me your clothing now!
d281685d45c97fcd2472bb4f72e3d0bd.jpg

My journey to the dark side is now complete. I have defeated the worst side of myself.
e3557bf45672ba4d6369f1301bf5ccb6.jpg

Hell yeah.
49dc991c86051396a0030de5c4656335.jpg

It's too bad the Disney Elite Ren unmasked is bigger than Figuarts, I'm sure I would've liked to use the unmasked elite head on the Figuarts

Went to Walmart for a few things, stopped by the toy section and found BS Kylo. Now I'm part of the club

R.I.P. Black Series

My journey to the dark side is now complete. I have defeated the worst side of myself.

Hell yeah.

You can probably have them do the fusion dance, lol

Sent from my LG-V497 using Tapatalk

They are. They're 1/10 scale, but I could almost buy the Imperial Guards being a bit tall next to everyone else. Depending on how picky you are it could work.

Just checked the despecialized RotJ scene where the Royal Guards are at. You're right, at that scale of 1/10 is pretty accurate for a Royal Guard. If you can check at the scene where Luke and Vader enter the throne room: the door had red horizontal bars - Luke's height matches at the third bar while the RG's at the 5th or 6th. Correct me if other wise.

Just throwing this out there, if SHF doesn't release a Yavin Ceremony Luke - I think we can kitbash him with: Farmboy Luke head, Freddie Mercury upper body and Jedi Luke lower body.

Paint Freddie Mercury's white shirt(?) to black and paint Jedi Luke's pants to brown with yellow stripes. Of course we have to mod the yellow vest to a more accurate Yavin Ceremony. Any thoughts? 🤔

Just checked the despecialized RotJ scene where the Royal Guards are at. You're right, at that scale of 1/10 is pretty accurate for a Royal Guard. If you can check at the scene where Luke and Vader enter the throne room: the door had red horizontal bars - Luke's height matches at the third bar while the RG's at the 5th or 6th. Correct me if other wise.

Man that's a tough one. Here's some screenshots. It's hard to get a good idea of their height. We don't get a clear shot of anyone standing next to them.

The scene goes from Luke and Vader inside the elevator
vlcsnap-2016-01-16-19h14m07s497.jpg
vlcsnap-2016-01-16-19h14m24s091.jpg
To them walking out:
vlcsnap-2016-01-16-19h00m59s565.jpg
And then we stay on that shot until Luke and Vader are almost on the stairs:
vlcsnap-2016-01-16-19h01m11s607.jpg

The only other scene in the OT where you really get an idea of the Imperial Guard's height is this one. They tower over the troopers.vlcsnap-2016-01-16-19h08m42s404.jpg

Here's a size comparison
Star-Wars-Black-Series-Bootlegs-Review-guards-deathstar.jpg

I have no interest in the Bandai Tamashii Nations S.H.Figuarts Dragon Ball 1/12 scale collectible figure assortment. I believe they are a shameless cash-in designed solely for the western market. They are laughing at us monkey-gaijin. Nearly every figure release is a Saiyajin, and it is a miracle that Kuririn was released at all. I will ignore all further discussion on this subject matter, as I am here to discuss the Bandai Tamashii Nations S.H.Figuarts Star Wars 1/12 scale collectible figure assortment.

so, for arguments sake, lets say George Lucas himself releases some short stories of the SW lore in the near future, just for fun. how would you feel about that? would you consider it "Expanded Universe bull*****" with the rest?

I am only interested in the Star Wars film series.

I have no interest in the Bandai Tamashii Nations S.H.Figuarts Dragon Ball 1/12 scale collectible figure assortment. I believe they are a shameless cash-in designed solely for the western market. They are laughing at us monkey-gaijin. Nearly every figure release is a Saiyajin, and it is a miracle that Kuririn was released at all. I will ignore all further discussion on this subject matter, as I am here to discuss the Bandai Tamashii Nations S.H.Figuarts Star Wars 1/12 scale collectible figure assortment.

I am only interested in the Star Wars film series.
CT4aTJpUwAEgYzE.jpg

Great effort Kermickey for the shots, they're alright with the scale to me. I'll jusr wait if SHF makes these, where they can do something other than just stand around.

R.I.P. Black Series

Hell yeah.

:lol

Awesome

Great effort Kermickey for the shots, they're alright with the scale to me. I'll jusr wait if SHF makes these, where they can do something other than just stand around.

For sure. I think tamashii would knock these outta the park, but to be fair, did they ever do anything else besides stand around?:lol I would love to have seen them in action in the films. They look so imposing.
Is that Vader in the last picture a knock off too?

I think that's the Bandai Model kit with the black series cape... Can anyone confirm?

Back