S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I think Fan is right, from what it looks like, Mace and/or ANH Luke are next to be announced. But it could be R2&3PO too. I'm glad it seems they're packing them as a duo, though I worry they'll be a pricey web exclusive.

Congrats on your bet on mafex Prod! For me it's shf with the better sculpt (minus the cape) and mafex with the better scale and it makes me not be able to decide...

Ill buy whatever they put up, but Luke feels too soon, I mean hes getting a reissue of the jedi ver in Feb, I think droids are next, and the troop variants, with TFA C3po as a web shop ex. then han chewie, then Luke

In my experience collecting shf for 3 years now, you can 90% be assured that the avarage will not reach 2 per month. It actually hasn't so far if you take all months together and have the releases divided by them. They're cashing in on the star wars movie hype now and rocketeering this **** out in a measure I've never seen before. The pace they've released this **** is exceptional for Tamashii's SHF, maybe apart from kamen rider (which I don't know nor collect) or Gundam (but that is a franchise with MANY series).

As a DBZ SHF collector who's had to do with 4 releases per YEAR for years, trust me, 1 per month is something to be happy about. Anything over it is lucky.

Nothing's impossible, tamashii can pull off family guy level random sometimes, but overal I'd prepare for the speed with which they release to drop to 1 a month by july. If star wars does exceptionally well IN JAPAN (because tamashii is very japan oriented and in this particular case that actually is thei only official market for these) we may see most of these throughout the next year. If we're really lucky, we'll have most of what was shown by august. If we're lucky on another point they'll be kicking in on star wars rogue one hype next year and I think episode 8 is summer afterward. That ALL depends on hype IN JAPAN.

If there's anything that can keep a rate of 1 per month higher it's variants by reusing molds, tamashii likes doing that. As well as rereleases. In terms of fully new figures, take all months from when vader came out up to when the biker scout comes out in march and I doubt whether you'll get to a 2/month ratio average.

And ALL^^^ of that is even assuming what we've seen will indeed all be released. You might never see that Grievous again. Seriously, not a joke. They show off protos (and dioramas and props) to hype their products. Judge that in any way you will, but it's what they do.

Be cautious in your expectations and see only what's up for PO as confirmed, that saves a lot of disappointment...

Any shf collector can and of course may correct me, but this is my experience. SHF is what I've grown to mainly collect and my collecting hobby at this point is damn near solely a tamashii collecting hobby. It's why I'm on this board.

You speak the truth my fellow SHF fan!

Unfortunately, other Tamashii lines are sort of being "pushed aside" in favor of Star Wars but Tamashii is definitely hitting it out of the park with their SW line. The 3-D face apps help these figures achieve new likeness levels.

Japan and the Asian market has certainly come back as a whole to show why they are the best when it comes to action figure collectibles. They stumbled a bit in the late 90's/early 2000 but have come back STRONG.

And I think Fan is right, from what it looks like, Mace and/or ANH Luke are next to be announced. But it could be R2&3PO too. I'm glad it seems they're packing them as a duo, though I worry they'll be a pricey web exclusive.

Congrats on your bet on mafex Prod! For me it's shf with the better sculpt (minus the cape) and mafex with the better scale and it makes me not be able to decide...

For me what really got me was the scale. Figuarts Vader was WAY to small even in comparison to all my other figures. If I remember correctly my Sailor Moon figures were at the same height or just shy of it! My cousin had Luke and posed next to him, Vader just wasn't acceptable at all. While I do prefer some things such as the helmet and the arms on the Figuarts, the scale was just too much of an eyesore for me to keep it. Only good thing that came out of it was the pre-order bonus :lol

And ALL^^^ of that is even assuming what we've seen will indeed all be released. You might never see that Grievous again. Seriously, not a joke. They show off protos (and dioramas and props) to hype their products. Judge that in any way you will, but it's what they do.

Be cautious in your expectations and see only what's up for PO as confirmed, that saves a lot of disappointment...

Any shf collector can and of course may correct me, but this is my experience. SHF is what I've grown to mainly collect and my collecting hobby at this point is damn near solely a tamashii collecting hobby. It's why I'm on this board.

As someone who also collects SHF, this is so sad that it's friggin' true. Bandai is notorious for showing off protos but never actually delivering on them. I can only assume that Star Wars might be one of the few possible exceptions since they seem to be going all in with it. Other possible (read: horrible) scenario is if they turn some of these figures into Web exclusives (like say, Grievous, due to his large size or something).

I can't emphasize this enough. Where's my Gekirangers and Black Blaze, Bandai:impatient:

And this is why every time I post my obsessive nerd-list of Star Wars SHF, there's an UNCONFIRMED beside everything that doesn't actually have a pre-order. :(

To date we have twelve either released or on pre-order; with twenty unconfirmed out of which we haven't seen photos of Qui Gon Jinn, Jabba, or the rumoured Han & Luke "Sneaks" -- the latter of which could easily just be the ANH versions we've already seen, given their presence on the DS and errors in translation. (One of the twenty unconfirmed pieces is Maul's speeder).

Last edited:
I noticed in that one pic where you can see the Blurry Jangos off to the side that they have 2 displayed, presumably one with and one without the helmet. Do you think that they will release both heads in the same package (like Luke and Obi-Wan), or we will see 2 releases of Jango with either head? I hope we get both heads in the same package and they just displayed 2 of them side by side to show off the different looks with out having to have a disembodied Jango head sitting around.

I noticed in that one pic where you can see the Blurry Jangos off to the side that they have 2 displayed, presumably one with and one without the helmet. Do you think that they will release both heads in the same package (like Luke and Obi-Wan), or we will see 2 releases of Jango with either head? I hope we get both heads in the same package and they just displayed 2 of them side by side to show off the different looks with out having to have a disembodied Jango head sitting around.

Yeah I think that's the case here, I don't ever recall a time when they separated parts between what is essentially the same figure while displaying them side by side.

We got 2 heads with Luke (3 if you count the Vader head) and Maul. It's a safe bet we'll get helmeted and unhelmeted with Jango. This isn't the Black Series.

Silrian in SHF Star Wars line they released an be released 2 per month. They released Darth Vader & Stormtrooper in April, Clone & Battle droid in November and Kylo Ren & First order trooper in December.

Tamashii said they haven't a month without a release of Star Wars release and they do, we have releases to March at the moment.

I think so they will release R2D2 & C3PO in the same month, they do 3 times in this year

The next one can be ANH Luke because they did this Luke in 2014 in the presentation of SHF Star Wars line, maybe will be released in April-May 2016

Is the Shadowtrooper and Biker Scout only available on the Tamashii website? The scout seems expensive even through there.

Haven't seen the shadow trooper anywhere yet except ebay. Hoping it will hit nippon soon. Anyone have any ideas when we might be able to get it? I don't want to go the ebay route :(

Haven't seen the shadow trooper anywhere yet except ebay. Hoping it will hit nippon soon. Anyone have any ideas when we might be able to get it? I don't want to go the ebay route :(

I don't think the price will be that much of a difference, as an example, Big in Japan had it up for $62 and some change (not including shipping) and I've seen them on eBay at $80 to $90 with free shipping..so the difference in price is negligible when you add shipping to the Big in Japan cost.

So if S.h. Luke is too Mafex Vader for correct scale, then how are the other s.h. SW in scale?

Just bought a dark cocoa cloak from rickhor409 for SHF Luke, I'm a bit confused as to why his cloak on some figures is black, brown or dark brown. Which one is the accurate one?

I don't think the price will be that much of a difference, as an example, Big in Japan had it up for $62 and some change (not including shipping) and I've seen them on eBay at $80 to $90 with free shipping..so the difference in price is negligible when you add shipping to the Big in Japan cost.

Am I the only one who doesn't trust standard shipping/economy shipping out of Japan? Anyone have experience? I always get EMS.

Back