S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that was one thing I didn't really like. The head seemed a bit stiff. Besides that I think it's the best 1/12 Vader so far. Who knows, Medicom may even decide to create a 2.0 version like they did with Batman. Really great tips you posted though, I'll definitely try them out!

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Agreed, besides the neck (which as I've shown was actually pretty easy to fix), I honestly find that the Mafex Vader is the best 1/12 Vader so far. It also fits in pretty well with the rest of the Figuarts and gives the extra boost in height that Vader is known for. While I'm already happy with my Mafex Vader, a 2.0 similar to what they did for Batman would be great. :)

Mafex Vader looks good but next to Maul he looks way too big for my liking. I'm talking about general scale rather than height. He looks rather chunky. I'll settle for the SHF version with pulled out legs lol.

I hope S.H. Figuarts goes into the animated shows. I would love animated versions of Captain Rex, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka Tano, Kanan Jarrus, and The Inquisitor

I agree with you Flintty. The mafex Vader looks too big all around. Chunky is a good word. I have no problem with the SH Figuarts one. I also like the storm troopers as well so what can I say.

My gripes with the SHF Kylo is the too-poofy at the top hood and now his missing belt buckle. Phasma looks great and so do the Stormtroopers. Mace's arms look a wee bit too long from that pic angle.

It's said that the songs with staying power are often the ones you didn't immediately like.

I wasn't on board with SHF Vader or stormtroopers, but I like them more every day.

I know Vader's shoulder bell is wonky in the snapshot below. Blame the costuming department. ;)

I really like the sculpt. I don't extend the legs all the way as it messes with the proportions; I just have them slightly extended for a little lift. So yeah, he could be taller, but still my favourite Vader.

28afcd6d8f64585332acadc0ce311072.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong, I still love my SHF Vader and I think it's a great figure overall, I just prefer the Mafex one since it managed to check off the things that I wanted out of a 1/12 Vader (the helmet likeness, height and shoulder-draping cape being the major factors).

Besides, one can't have too many figures of Vader. :lol

Don't get me wrong, I still love my SHF Vader and I think it's a great figure overall, I just prefer the Mafex one since it managed to check off the things that I wanted out of a 1/12 Vader (the helmet likeness, height and shoulder-draping cape being the major factors).

Besides, one can't have too many figures of Vader. :lol

Yeah, I get that. I haven't seen the MAFEX Vader in-hand but I'm familiar with their work; they've put out some solid product. I like the dome on that Vader, but personally not feeling the faceplate. The cape...I imagine it's very similar if not identical to their Batman cape. Can look great, but I've recently been moving away from preferring soft goods at this scale...I guess I just like consistency within a line, in terms of materials.

After seeing all these new figures from Akihabara, it seems to me that Darth Vader is now the weakest figure in the collection. Here's hoping for an 2.0 version (as unlikely as that is)!

Also, a figure of that CGI Jabba abomination from the special editions is an easy pass for me (such a stupid scene). Much rather have a Figuarts throne Jabba with Crumb.

Woah, these all look really good. It's difficult to say, but that might be the best Han Solo figure ever made and I'm pretty sure Chewbacca's mouth articulates.

Is Qui-Gon there?

After seeing all these new figures from Akihabara, it seems to me that Darth Vader is now the weakest figure in the collection. Here's hoping for an 2.0 version (as unlikely as that is!

I agree, but I like'em both. I say too you can't have too many Vader versions. I have 2 Stormies from SHF and just ordered 1 from Mafex for height variation.

The next preorder i think will be between Mace windu and ANH Luke, they have the official picture in the showcases next to Obiwan´s showcase

12189053_174631909547133_8283176253662143293_n.jpg

3PO & R2 should be soon. They've been shown off for a few months now and they're also on display at Bandai's Akiba Showroom.

So I have a question. With all the figures shown, do you think we will get at least a couple a month to come out? Not just one per month. I know in November we get 2, and dec as well. I'm just hoping it's not going to be till like may or June till we see some of these guys. What do you think?

In my experience collecting shf for 3 years now, you can 90% be assured that the avarage will not reach 2 per month. It actually hasn't so far if you take all months together and have the releases divided by them. They're cashing in on the star wars movie hype now and rocketeering this **** out in a measure I've never seen before. The pace they've released this **** is exceptional for Tamashii's SHF, maybe apart from kamen rider (which I don't know nor collect) or Gundam (but that is a franchise with MANY series).

As a DBZ SHF collector who's had to do with 4 releases per YEAR for years, trust me, 1 per month is something to be happy about. Anything over it is lucky.

Nothing's impossible, tamashii can pull off family guy level random sometimes, but overal I'd prepare for the speed with which they release to drop to 1 a month by july. If star wars does exceptionally well IN JAPAN (because tamashii is very japan oriented and in this particular case that actually is thei only official market for these) we may see most of these throughout the next year. If we're really lucky, we'll have most of what was shown by august. If we're lucky on another point they'll be kicking in on star wars rogue one hype next year and I think episode 8 is summer afterward. That ALL depends on hype IN JAPAN.

If there's anything that can keep a rate of 1 per month higher it's variants by reusing molds, tamashii likes doing that. As well as rereleases. In terms of fully new figures, take all months from when vader came out up to when the biker scout comes out in march and I doubt whether you'll get to a 2/month ratio average.

And ALL^^^ of that is even assuming what we've seen will indeed all be released. You might never see that Grievous again. Seriously, not a joke. They show off protos (and dioramas and props) to hype their products. Judge that in any way you will, but it's what they do.

Be cautious in your expectations and see only what's up for PO as confirmed, that saves a lot of disappointment...

Any shf collector can and of course may correct me, but this is my experience. SHF is what I've grown to mainly collect and my collecting hobby at this point is damn near solely a tamashii collecting hobby. It's why I'm on this board.

Back