S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At last I can say "Bye, bye, Hasbro".
No more frustrating huntings, no more fabrics, no more bad paints, no more deceptions, no more scalpers, no more overpriced exclusives.
NO MORE MONOPOLY.

That said, I have to say that MAFEX is also on the good vibes... I will combine both on my shelves.

I've set OT to hottoys only. however these OT SHF are looking great, idk how my selfcontrol can hold out. but some PT looks like a must buy... obi-wan looks too good on all the versions lol.

That said, I have to say that MAFEX is also on the good vibes... I will combine both on my shelves.
Yeah, that's what I'm doing as well and I'm hoping Medicom continues their Mafex lineup of Star Wars figures.

I can't play on Hot Toys master league.

I always thought that there was a big hole between Star Wars figures collecting, you know, from Hasbro to Hot Toys there was nothing!, but now with Figuarts and MAFEX I really feel like collecting is not a waste of money. The choices being released are so logic, main core and coolest characters from every movie. A good schedule, spaced, just like 40€ every month if you are completist.
I will pass on almost all PT characters, just want Maul, Jango and perhaps Grievous.

At last I can say "Bye, bye, Hasbro".
No more frustrating huntings, no more fabrics, no more bad paints, no more deceptions, no more scalpers, no more overpriced exclusives.
NO MORE MONOPOLY.

The only thing Black Series is good for now imo is army building,of course with a few Figuarts in the front to make it all come together. I'm glad Mafex is in the game too since I wasn't too pleased with Figuarts Vader and replaced him with the Mafex (sooo much better). Also gives us good choices and a more varied character selection.

About scalping I wouldn't say bye to that since Figuart figures are notorious for being scalped. As long as they're bought close to release you should be fine though. A good thing is that most of these are standard releases so re-issues are always an option. Great time to be a Star Wars collector!

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

I also believe that MAFEX is going to make the best troopers. The Stormies look just as a mini human wearing the armor.

Seeing all these upcoming SHF SW figs got me....

make-your-clients-cry1-300x300-53b447e69d711.jpg

Mafex figures scale well with your existing TBS figs. SHF are tiny bit short, but wow are they near perfect(except for a few hiccups).

Luckily I'm new to collecting Star Wars figs so I only own two of each BS Storm Troopers and Tie Pilots. They go perfect with the Figuarts imo since they're supposed to be tall anyways.

More info:

Sketchy information about upcoming Star Wars related figures coming out during this weekends SH Figuarts presentation at Tamashii Nations 2015. No photography allowed (for some obscene, unfair reason LOL) but here re some images I was able to find here on FB...Thos character images you see are the actual prototypes. Along with this I was able to find more info o the foosh forums...check it out...

"Mace Windu is getting an SHF, same case, printed face, so really good likeness of Samuel L Jackson.
Tatooine Luke, same case. In the main display he was shown barebones, but in another cabinet it had him with his jedi training helmet and an effect part of the training droid firing a shot and him deflecting it with his Lightsaber. Very good likeness of Ep IV Mark Hamill.

Chewbacca and Han Solo were also there. Chewbacca stands really tall and has an articulated mouth (!). For some reason Chewie and Han seem to look a little bigger than all the other Star Wars characters. Maybe it was just perspective or upscaled models.

Grievous is getting an SHF! Fully articulated at this point, carrying his four lightsabers in his fighting stance against Obi Wan, who is also getting an Episode II bearded release. There's a whole bunch of Episode II figures in the works. Jango Fett being the main point of interest, especially as he has swappable heads, Helmet or Head. C3PO Episode II is another, and finally a red Astronmech droid.

Jabba the Hut is getting an SHF. FULLY articulated. His tail is in sections a la Mewtwo. His arms are articulated, and his head appears to have some articulation too. His mouth also seems articulated. He's the Episode IV version, and looks slightly more like the ****** original CGI version as opposed to the HD one from the blue ray releases. (Just so happens I saw a comparison the day before so it was fresh in mind)

Most of the Battle Droid variations were there, along with Clone Trooper variations. There was also that other battle droid, the one that looks rather flat with blasters on his wrist. Not the rolling ones, the other types. Can't remember their name.
In terms of Movie Realization the only new one was Jango Fett. He's a straight repaint of Boba, but with two pistols."

Now I'm not expecting all of this to be released in 2015/2016 - It's exciting nonetheless. Nice to see another company getting heavily involved with Star Wars figures. Seems they have a good balance of prequel and original trilogy releases coming. If more pictures are revealed I will post them here

Sith_fire30 Creations

I'm very impressed by these small guys. They nail each likeness with the first try. Very curious as to why there aren't proper pics at each show. I mean, all it does it get you free publicity and more sales!!!

The reason that AOTC Obi-Wan has a green lightsaber is that after he was captured by Dooku he lost it, and then after the arena scene when the Jedi rescue team arrived they gave both him and Anakin new lightsabers, and the one Obi-Wan got was green.

I'm sure he will come with his regular blue lightsaber as well.

The Han Solo looks amazing, but I'm kinda iffy on Chewbacca. I'm not really digging the articulated mouth, I kinda wish they would have just given him interchangeable heads.. Definitely buying the Jango for his unmasked head though.

The only thing Black Series is good for now imo is army building,of course with a few Figuarts in the front to make it all come together. I'm glad Mafex is in the game too since I wasn't too pleased with Figuarts Vader and replaced him with the Mafex (sooo much better). Also gives us good choices and a more varied character selection.

About scalping I wouldn't say bye to that since Figuart figures are notorious for being scalped. As long as they're bought close to release you should be fine though. A good thing is that most of these are standard releases so re-issues are always an option. Great time to be a Star Wars collector!

I've thought about buying a black series sandtrooper just for its rubber pauldron (and tossing or selling the figure). The pauldron that comes with the bandai model kit is a piece of stiff plastic that really inhibits articulation. Overall, these model kits are really something else, and at only $25 a pop, they're comparable to Black Series in price, but figuarts in quality. Really enjoying them.

Back