S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On friday 8/7 I ordered the SHFA R2D2 from AmiAmi Japan on Ebay it had a delivery date window from 8/17 to 8/21.

I was in no hurry to get it and with covid anything goes when it comes to shipping so whatever.

I saw the DHL tracking when it left Japan rather fast I might add so that initially caught my attention.

Well it freaking arrived today just a mere THREE DAYS from order date FROM JAPAN to NY during a PANDEMIC!

Fastest shipping I have ever seen ever since I started buying collectibles online.

Props to AmiAmi and DHL.

No extra fees nothing

Sheesh

Blown away by this.

Oh and the R2D2 exceeded my expectations I was taken back by the size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Has anyone filed for an exchange/refund with HLJ? How well do the handle a manufacturer defect issue? Do they black list you if you ask for an exchange? I’ve heard different stories and I thought this would be the place to get a real answer.

Has anyone filed for an exchange/refund with HLJ? How well do the handle a manufacturer defect issue? Do they black list you if you ask for an exchange? I?ve heard different stories and I thought this would be the place to get a real answer.

I tried to exchange a Mafex figure once because there was a paint alignment issue. The figure had just come out, but was listed as out of stock. I knew they?d be getting more so I submitted the form. They said the figure was out of stock so they could either offer a partial refund or I could return it for a full refund. I waited a couple days to respond, and sure enough, the figure popped back up in stock on their site. I responded, pointing out that the figure was back in stock and I?d prefer to exchange the figure for a new one. They refused and said that I could only choose from the options available at the time I submitted the original request. I wound up getting a partial refund in the form of store credit.

I love many things about Japan and it?s people, but their intensely strict adherence to formality and inability to adapt to changing circumstances on the fly can be infuriating at times.

I also had to exchange a rather expensive figure at HobbySearch for a missing part. They made good on all their promises (exchanged the figure for a good one and refunded me the cost to ship the defective one back to them) but it was an excruciatingly slow process with very little and very poor communication throughout.

So moral of the story: don?t expect a pleasant or easy experience if you need to exchange or return an item to a Japanese online retailer.

EDIT
I?ve ordered from both stores since without issue, so I don?t think blacklisting is a problem.

HLJ helped me out with some items and wasn't too bad. I remember hearing this a story about HLJ on TFW2005 forums back when the MP-10 Optimus Prime was released, someone got one that was missing the gun. They had him ship the entire figure back to Japan to send him a new one. Like why not just send the gun?

Looks like the next release is the Heavy Infantry Mandolorian
February 2021
MSRP: 11000 yen / 105 USD
879f8cc106e9b26abfb79ea885655bf5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Huh. So seems the 40th anniversary of ESB will pass without any new SHF figures to commemorate it. No Bespin Han, no Hoth Leia....hell, not even the Snowspeeder pilot Luke or Yoda we've seen prototypes of. Yet, Heavy Mando gets about two minutes of screen time and gets a figure? I honestly don't get it. Think I'm officially giving up on Figuarts.

This is undeniably a frustrating choice, in a line that started with so much promise, and has slowly become disappointing because of character choices.

Huh. So seems the 40th anniversary of ESB will pass without any new SHF figures to commemorate it. No Bespin Han, no Hoth Leia....hell, not even the Snowspeeder pilot Luke or Yoda we've seen prototypes of. Yet, Heavy Mando gets about two minutes of screen time and gets a figure? I honestly don't get it. Think I'm officially giving up on Figuarts.

Yeah, I gave up on them long ago after I realized that they aren't going very deep in the line. Sucks, as they're generally much better than hasbro, but hasbro will do everyone eventually

I guess if this was one of a full release schedule then it'd be great, but with solicitations so thin on the ground it's not very high on the priority list...

Looks good though, but trop cher. Maybe the more Ironman-like characters do well in Japan.

Figuarts don?t do humans.

I assume you forgot to type 'anymore', cuz humans are what they used to make primarily in their Star Wars line. In fact, their human figures are what they really excelled at. It's their armored figures that they can't seem to get right on the first attempt. Their recent Boba Fett looked like a Hasbro effort circa 1997. If they had offered ESB versions of Han, Leia, Luke, and Lando this year, they would have been instant sell-outs.

This is undeniably a frustrating choice, in a line that started with so much promise, and has slowly become disappointing because of character choices.

I just have to remind myself that SW is just not that popular in Japan and it's also due to Hasbro's goddamn license that is really hampering them.

That being said, I don't think I'll be buying this Heavy Mando at almost $100. Yellow is WAY too yellow on the armor.

I assume you forgot to type 'anymore', cuz humans are what they used to make primarily in their Star Wars line. In fact, their human figures are what they really excelled at. It's their armored figures that they can't seem to get right on the first attempt. Their recent Boba Fett looked like a Hasbro effort circa 1997. If they had offered ESB versions of Han, Leia, Luke, and Lando this year, they would have been instant sell-outs.

:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

Back