S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hasbro just got its Marvel/Star Wars license extended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't say that I want them to lose it. I just hope they lose the monopoly on action figures that they currently have, so that other companies can release figures in the figuarts price range. This exists everywhere else on the planet, why not here?

Capital Supremacy

oX2UhK9.jpg

So is it fair to say this line is approaching death? The last solicitation was in November and there are only two figures still due at this point.

Well I'm hoping they're working on a ton of Mandolorian prototypes to get into production, but I'm sure the virus thing is putting the brakes on a lot of stuff out there.

Well I'm hoping they're working on a ton of Mandolorian prototypes to get into production, but I'm sure the virus thing is putting the brakes on a lot of stuff out there.

The virus hasn?t stopped them from soliciting figures for other lines so I don?t think that?s it. I would hope it would be true of the Mandalorian but the series has only recently premiered in Japan. Companies usually have their release schedules pretty much lined up a year in advance so I don?t know if that?s it either. Remember, these figures are for the Japanese domestic market so....
It?s just frustrating that they?ve made so many molds for figures as evidenced by the ones they?ve shown at their events and yet they don?t release them.

Mafex has been killing it lately with their figures. If Tamashii Nations is unable or u willing to continue the line, I hope Mafex restarts theirs.

So is it fair to say this line is approaching death? The last solicitation was in November and there are only two figures still due at this point.

I worry about that, too. This line's solicitations are super sparse. Still waiting on that ig-11 preorder too. Hate when they tease an awesome figure and it never shows up.

I could see the Corona virus pump the brakes on all aspects of the collector world right now. Including marketing and solicitations.

The pandemic will affect things in the collectible toy industry, no doubt, but a factor I fail to remember sometimes, is that Star Wars just isn't that popular anymore in Asia. The new films tanked in China (and please no Disney/KK/JJ/RJ cracks, as the prequels didn't do all that well there either), and interest in Japan seems to be waning as well. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they call it quits after releasing the figures from The Mandalorian. I just wish they'd do a small handful of figures before bailing on the franchise. I think I could be content with the following from SHF:

Revealed prototypes:

Luke Snowspeeder pilot
Wicket
R4-P17
C-3PO (AOTC)

Wishlist:

Bespin Han
Hoth Leia
Bespin Luke
Lando
Snowtrooper
Bossk
IG-88 (slight retool of IG-11)

The pandemic will affect things in the collectible toy industry, no doubt, but a factor I fail to remember sometimes, is that Star Wars just isn't that popular anymore in Asia. The new films tanked in China (and please no Disney/KK/JJ/RJ cracks, as the prequels didn't do all that well there either), and interest in Japan seems to be waning as well. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they call it quits after releasing the figures from The Mandalorian. I just wish they'd do a small handful of figures before bailing on the franchise. I think I could be content with the following from SHF:

Revealed prototypes:

Luke Snowspeeder pilot
Wicket
R4-P17
C-3PO (AOTC)

Wishlist:

Bespin Han
Hoth Leia
Bespin Luke
Lando
Snowtrooper
Bossk
IG-88 (slight retool of IG-11)

Got to disagree there. Star Wars is still quite popular in Japan and these figures are for the Japanese market. The problem has been Bandai over producing/rereleasing figures. This clutters shelves and drives lower orders from retailers. I get that you want to allow new collectors to own the previously released figures/characters because it helps drive sales but for the last few years they?ve been extremely reluctant to produce human faced characters. A person/collector can only have so many stormtrooper variants before saying enough is enough. Why are there only three human characters (prequel Obi Wan, Anakin, and Luke) that have multiple iterations from different movies? That?s just lazy and stupid if you want to grab new collectors without having to rerelease Jedi Luke for the 4th time.
Don?t even get me started on the lack of vehicles or oversized creatures.

Edit: forgot about old man Han

Well, that's somewhat good news, I suppose, but if we're still not getting anything new from them, then we're still stuck in the same stasis we've been in for months and months. To be honest, it wouldn't bother so much if they weren't constantly showing off cool prototypes that never seem to appear. There was nearly a 2.5 year gap between when they revealed R2-D2 and C-3PO, and their eventual release. Still waiting on the AOTC repaints of those two that were shown nearly 6 years ago now.
:impatient:

We have this discussion every year around this time things will pick up soon. Keep in mind that they have never released a lot of figures each year since the lines inception and they released 12 new figures last year along with some rereleases. They are consistently releasing about 10-14 figures a year it just weird for us because lines like Black Series and Marvel Legends put out 2 to 3 time as many figures. All the new figures in this pic were released last year (with the exception of Palp and Mando) as well as rereleases. * I guess Leia was a December 2018 release I was just going from memory of when I received her right around the 1st week of January

B5E894DC-9D66-45EE-996C-699F077ABDBD.jpeg

It's strange that such a small figure as The Child, comes in a cloth dress as it seems in the image, but who knows?

I hope to god they get Grievous out the door before calling it quits. Other than that, I can take or leave it (though I?d like a decent Boba).

I hope to god they get Grievous out the door before calling it quits. Other than that, I can take or leave it (though I?d like a decent Boba).

The reason why I'm not picking us the BS Grievous..waiting for Figuarts.

It's strange that such a small figure as The Child, comes in a cloth dress as it seems in the image, but who knows?

Tamashii has gotten some criticism for doing their plastic capes and plastic in place of cloth items. They're often cumbersome and poorly designed. They look weird on some figures...especially in some cases where it inhibits articulation.

They've started to shy away from it in the past year or so and move towards more cloth and soft goods. I'll be interested to see how much articulation this little guy has.

I've seen fan made versions of the child in this scale that look light years better than that..Beskar Mando looks good. I could be wrong but it looks like the helmet is sized more accurately.

Know that's likely an early prototype, but hope they fix Baby Yoda's eyes before production. Too small!

They do little tweaks to figures. They painted the knee dart launchers on the left knee armor and the helmet looks a little resized from the initial pics to the display figures.

B0EEA45A-BD1C-433E-9ED3-F20A267CA8B1.jpg

Back