S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He does, they're just sculpted into the arm.

He looks very animated. Like if he was in The Clone Wars this would be how he'd look. I dig it though.

Chewie here tells me you're looking for passage to the Alderaan system

9Msc9xF.jpg

He looks really damn good. Fett purists are an odd bunch. :pfft:

Nothing about being a purist. Mafex just set a standard and Figuarts fell asleep at the wheel completely

Look at this lazy garbage lol

Figuarts Left, Mafex Right

tnYwaxD.jpg

Practically no weathering or detail. Incredibly flat paint job.

Nkib0VS.jpg

Really proportionally weird sculpt and a poorly shaped helmet. Look at that belly gap lol

y0OgSJc.jpg

It'll definitely, or at least HOPEFULLY (because if not L O L) have better articulation than the Mafex. And PROBABLY (Their Jango is one of their worst figures of all time) be more durable.

But just in comparison from the pictures, this one doesn't even look much better than the Black Series. Incredibly poor attempt.

Nothing about being a purist. Mafex just set a standard and Figuarts fell asleep at the wheel completely

Look at this lazy garbage lol

Figuarts Left, Mafex Right

tnYwaxD.jpg

Practically no weathering or detail

Nkib0VS.jpg

Really proportionally weird sculpt and a poorly shaped helmet. Look at that belly gap lol

y0OgSJc.jpg

It'll definitely, or at least HOPEFULLY (because if not L O L) have better articulation than the Mafex. And PROBABLY (Their Jango is one of their worst figures of all time) be more durable.

But just in comparison from the pictures, this one doesn't even look much better than the Black Series. Incredibly poor attempt.
We vote you represent us on the Mandalorian council! Seriously, could not agree more, words taken out of my mouth. Look this Figuarts will hopefully be my take it everywhere customisable via paint Boba who can be played with without too many things breaking off. Helmet symmetry is off particularly due to the huge rangefinder but hopefully per Jango it's not going to warp so easily

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

Plus look at the way he crouches into that sniper stance!
931eb1e3f1fd16e35ff400903c7f1fa6.jpg

"Mafex just set a standard and Figuarts fell asleep at the wheel". Please give us another one of your stellar Mafex Boba figures and add this as the quote.

Nailed it. It's really puzzling why the peeps behind SHF dropped the ball like this. Their humans, with a couple exceptions, have been absolutely stellar in both sculpt and paint. You would think they would have raised the bar even further for a character as popular as Fett, especially knowing what their competition had achieved previously. Hell, this one barely looks better than Hasbro's 6" Fett. Even Hasbro's had separately sculpted arm hoses! Maybe they're trying to be sneaky and plan to reveal a Fett 2.0 in a couple more years, similar to what they did with Vader and Stormtrooper. "People are suckers for Boba, so let's release an inferior one now, knowing most of them will gobble it up anyways, and then get the improved sculpt ready to go for 2021!"

Nailed it. It's really puzzling why the peeps behind SHF dropped the ball like this. Their humans, with a couple exceptions, have been absolutely stellar in both sculpt and paint. You would think they would have raised the bar even further for a character as popular as Fett, especially knowing what their competition had achieved previously. Hell, this one barely looks better than Hasbro's 6" Fett. Even Hasbro's had separately sculpted arm hoses! Maybe they're trying to be sneaky and plan to reveal a Fett 2.0 in a couple more years, similar to what they did with Vader and Stormtrooper. "People are suckers for Boba, so let's release an inferior one now, knowing most of them will gobble it up anyways, and then get the improved sculpt ready to go for 2021!"

Blind fanboyism. I've been arguing this for a while. Every time Figuarts drops the ball people make up excuses. And because of this their quality has been STEADILY declining. While other companies who receive critique on the regular, like Hasbro and Mafex, have been stepping up their game and killing it.

Blind fanboyism. I've been arguing this for a while. Every time Figuarts drops the ball people make up excuses. And because of this their quality has been STEADILY declining. While other companies who receive critique on the regular, like Hasbro and Mafex, have been stepping up their game and killing it.

Totally different situations. Hasbro was bottom of the barrel, they had to make vast improvements (and still need to) in order to remain the main SW line. Figuarts has always been a niche collector line many Hasbro buyers never even heard about. Figuarts has made questionable decisions at times but not all of Hasbro’s offerings have been consistently better either. It’s a little unreasonable to assume that Figuarts intentionally drops quality due to lack of criticism and fanboyism. That’s absurd. They receive and request feedback several times and they acknowledge issues just sometimes they create new problems like with the ANH Vader. The blame should rest on the company not the consumers of the brand. Also, Hasbro is not killing it when they have met expectations (current) in general. Grievous is usually considered piss poor with many preferring the model kit. I do understand your reasoning to a point because I found myself preferring Mafex several times over Figuarts but Mafex seems out of the game.

Huh? Are you referring to me, or making a general statement? Because I'm definitely not making excuses for them. Exact opposite, actually. I'm not an apologist for anybody or anything. SHF half-assed this Fett. There's no defending it.

Even Jango had freaking cables.

View attachment 451751
Funny I saw some people or reviews complaining about Figuarts Jango's hoses. I actually didn't mind those hoses as they were actually more durable than the Mafex Boba's hoses. They were more rubbery than plastic, and I was waiting for the Figuarts Boba figures to sport the same. I'm not sure if Bandai will change or improve the figure due to some fans negative feedback, as I believe Medicine did listen / pay attention and started to lift their game.

Funny I saw some people or reviews complaining about Figuarts Jango's hoses. I actually didn't mind those hoses as they were actually more durable than the Mafex Boba's hoses. They were more rubbery than plastic, and I was waiting for the Figuarts Boba figures to sport the same. I'm not sure if Bandai will change or improve the figure due to some fans negative feedback, as I believe Medicine did listen / pay attention and started to lift their game.

Imagine if Figuarts cut the cables because of Jango criticism.

The sculpted tubes, the cartoonish paint & the nonexistent weathering are indeed lazy choices but calling a figure garbage is a very premature thing.

The Mafex Boba Fett did set the standard high with the "real life" aesthetics of the figure but it's not perfect in regards to sacrificing some articulation for that costume accuracy, particularly with the shoulder pads & the arms.

tnYwaxD.jpg

Nkib0VS.jpg

Judging these images, it seems like Bandai is working around the elbow joint for a greater range of motion which looks promising.

Even the other pictures on Tamashii's website show the shoulder pads out of the way in certain poses so that's another point in their favor.

That belly gap is canon though. :lol

bobarotj3a.jpg

bobarotj1.jpg

The sculpted tubes, the cartoonish paint & the nonexistent weathering are indeed lazy choices but calling a figure garbage is a very premature thing.

The Mafex Boba Fett did set the standard high with the "real life" aesthetics of the figure but it's not perfect in regards to sacrificing some articulation for that costume accuracy, particularly with the shoulder pads & the arms.

Judging these images, it seems like Bandai is working around the elbow joint for a greater range of motion which looks promising.

Even the other pictures on Tamashii's website show the shoulder pads out of the way in certain poses so that's another point in their favor.

bobarotj3a.jpg

bobarotj1.jpg

:clap

Great job! Amazing how simple criticisms like a belly gap are actually a testament to more accuracy. It’s almost like people find criticisms prematurely without checking first to make sure.

VERY good points! :clap

Back