S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, thanks for that explanation. As a loyal CDJapan customer, I've been trying to figure out why I was able to order some soul web exclusives through them in the past, but not anymore. For example, Qui-Gon, Padmé, Anakin (AOTC), and the Sith Speeder were all soul web exclusives, and I was able to get them through CDJapan. But Dooku, a more recent exclusive, was not available; and Yoda appears to be the same (I'm presuming). So, if I'm connecting the dots, CDJapan no longer wants to participate in the exclusive offerings.

CDJapan used to sell them also, I'm not sure why they stopped.

Also if you didn't read their recent email, they're changing their payment policy. Orders are charged out at 80 days from when you place the order and not at release anymore.

I don't see how Hot Toys is anymore steady in terms of POs than SHF. Plus they miss release windows all the time and they're solicited so far out in advance, unlike SHF figures.

A lot more steady and a lot more variety
Current POs:
OT - Endor Luke, Bespin Leia, ROTJ Stormtrooper, R2 D2
Anthology - Solo Mudtrooper, Solo Patrol Trooper, Alden Solo, Krennik
PT - ROTS ObiWan, ROTS Yoda, Dooku, Maul, Cody

And not only do they make their release window.... they are often early.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Obi-Wan (ROTS) arrived today from CDJapan (SAL). Excellent figure, and it makes me super-pumped for Dooku and Yoda.

I'm guessing that the rumored May announcement will be Grievous, since Bandai is obviously working through their Revenge of the Sith offerings. If their offerings for The Last Jedi is any clue, we'll get two figures each for September, October, November, and December; and if we add in the four figures earlier in the year (if Grievous is actually offered), then that will make twelve figures released within twelve months.

Totally irrelevant however; I'm looking for feedback. Parting ways with most of Hot Toys going to smaller scale One 12 Mezco for Marvel and DC. I'm looking to start up 1/12 Star Wars line and what I've liked thus far is Mafex, Revoltek and SH Figuarts. I like Rogue One offerings from Mafex (Vader, Death and Shore Trooper), Storm Trooper, Fett from Revoltek and most everything else from SH Figuarts.

I've read Mafex has QC issues, Revoltek joint exposure and SH Figuarts scale issues....anything else that I should be looking out for? Do they all scale decently together?

Totally irrelevant however; I'm looking for feedback. Parting ways with most of Hot Toys going to smaller scale One 12 Mezco for Marvel and DC. I'm looking to start up 1/12 Star Wars line and what I've liked thus far is Mafex, Revoltek and SH Figuarts. I like Rogue One offerings from Mafex (Vader, Death and Shore Trooper), Storm Trooper, Fett from Revoltek and most everything else from SH Figuarts.

I've read Mafex has QC issues, Revoltek joint exposure and SH Figuarts scale issues....anything else that I should be looking out for? Do they all scale decently together?

I've had all of the above brands when I collected this scale (went in the opposite direction you're going) -- some may work together? But Revoltech and MAFEX run larger than SHF, and Revoltechs are generally quite stylized in comparison -- not just the joints which can make neutral poses problematic, but the sculpts themselves.

I've had all of the above brands when I collected this scale (went in the opposite direction you're going) -- some may work together? But Revoltech and MAFEX run larger than SHF, and Revoltechs are generally quite stylized in comparison -- not just the joints which can make neutral poses problematic, but the sculpts themselves.

Crazy path we weave ourselves......:lol

Yeah, SH has the larger selection but when watching comparison videos they may not have the better version and they tend to run smaller. Hmmmmmm....maybe I'll stick with Mezco's at least they scale together.....

Crazy path we weave ourselves......:lol

Yeah, SH has the larger selection but when watching comparison videos they may not have the better version and they tend to run smaller. Hmmmmmm....maybe I'll stick with Mezco's at least they scale together.....

Totally crazy. I went back and forth before settling into HT 1/6. The smaller scale imports are great, but in my opinion they get pricey for what you get, and I was more into the presence of fewer 1/6 vs. a lot of 1/12.

As always, it boils down to what you personally like. Someone on this forum recently wrote something to the effect that 'toys are toys' -- we're just killing time and having fun, whatever the poison.

If I had to choose between MAFEX, Revoltech and SHF, I would stick with SHF personally. Mezco is a whole other beast. The Mez-Flare never worked for me but they have some cool stuff.

How much is shipping from AmiAmi? It just says "to be determined", but I would have to place my order before it tells me.

Depends entirely on your order size and shipment method you choose. For a single figure it could be anywhere from $10 to $25 depending on the speed you choose.

Got my Kenobi III today:clap
Just a few pics.
Rock Beats Scissors
20190312_160752-1.jpg
With the Rickhor robe
20190312_153132-1.jpg

$30 shipping from NipponYassan for Yoda....$100 total smh. These webshop exclusives have to stop for main characters.

$30 shipping from NipponYassan for Yoda....$100 total smh. These webshop exclusives have to stop for main characters.

Is that for EMS? NY is the worst with shipping. MyKombini listed them today, they only require 50% down, for the first few days they offer them at least.

Yea, I only paid $10 for shipping for my Yoda from Nipponyasan. Thanks to this site, I had been getting mine thru BBTS, $112 for this tiny ass Yoda would have crushed me, saving $30 and the cost of shipping allows me to buy something else I don't need but desperately want!

BBTS is the last place I would order Figuarts from, they order the figures the same way as us

Anyways finally got my order ion for a couple Yodas, making Dooku that little bit more exciting

Paid shipping for my shf Old Luke like a week and a half ago from bbts and heard absolutely nothing from them about shipping it off. This is starting to tick me off. Latest status says that it's still processing.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-G935W8 發送

Back