S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got notification from Nin Nin that preorders for Yoda are up. I'm so tempted but want to get the Empire version. Prequel Yoda is okay and if it's the only option I would but they showed OT Yoda so I'm holding off for that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks. I see a 'Soon Available' greyed out button. Does not seem to be up yet? Or does current customers get first crack? Never heard of them, but the price is fair for an Asian ex. Do not see this on AmiAmi. Should I worry when Nin Nin does not show all that it should come with?

I really want the SH FIGuarts Biker Scout, but honestly, is it worth $180? I mean, Fuuuuuuuuu...........(you get the idea)?!

Since I've decided to get out of 1:6 collecting, the 6" stuff is where I spend a little money ($65 yoda sounds better than $200 yoda)

Last edited:
thanks. I see a 'Soon Available' greyed out button. Does not seem to be up yet? Or does current customers get first crack? Never heard of them, but the price is fair for an Asian ex. Do not see this on AmiAmi. Should I worry when Nin Nin does not show all that it should come with?
)

Not sure. I decided to pass on it, but I received my ROTS Obi-Wan a week after release so my personal experience with Nin Nin Games was a pleasant one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want the SH FIGuarts Biker Scout, but honestly, is it worth $180? I mean, Fuuuuuuuuu...........(you get the idea)?!

Yes, it is. The figure is amazing and the bike is awesome. But, it's hard to get the figure to sit on the vehicle because of his crotch armor.

I have no doubt that this has been addressed before, but I cannot locate those conversations.

So, what does it mean that a figure is a Soul Web exclusive? Specifically, what does it mean for Japanese e-tailers, and to us, the foreign consumers? For example, why would CDJapan not carry Dooku, but MyKombini did? I'm now hearing that CDJapan won't carry Yoda, but Nippon Yasan will. Why these distinctions?

I'd just like to get a better grasp of this. Thanks in advance.

I have no doubt that this has been addressed before, but I cannot locate those conversations.

So, what does it mean that a figure is a Soul Web exclusive? Specifically, what does it mean for Japanese e-tailers, and to us, the foreign consumers? For example, why would CDJapan not carry Dooku, but MyKombini did? I'm now hearing that CDJapan won't carry Yoda, but Nippon Yasan will. Why these distinctions?

I'd just like to get a better grasp of this. Thanks in advance.

If it's a web exclusive, that means that the only way to actually order it is through Bandai's website and pay full price. Most sites don't want to be a middle man as far as that goes. They get almost all their other stuff through distributors, but for the web exclusives, the sites have to site there and place orders just like anyone else in Japan to get the exclusives.

Basically, Anime-Export, MyKombini, Nippon-Yasan want to be able to offer them and go through the process of taking orders for them and then ordering them from Bandai's Soul Web shop. Amiami, HLJ, and others don't wanna deal with it and don't offer them.

If it's a web exclusive, that means that the only way to actually order it is through Bandai's website and pay full price. Most sites don't want to be a middle man as far as that goes. They get almost all their other stuff through distributors, but for the web exclusives, the sites have to site there and place orders just like anyone else in Japan to get the exclusives.

Basically, Anime-Export, MyKombini, Nippon-Yasan want to be able to offer them and go through the process of taking orders for them and then ordering them from Bandai's Soul Web shop. Amiami, HLJ, and others don't wanna deal with it and don't offer them.

Okay, thanks for that explanation. As a loyal CDJapan customer, I've been trying to figure out why I was able to order some soul web exclusives through them in the past, but not anymore. For example, Qui-Gon, Padmé, Anakin (AOTC), and the Sith Speeder were all soul web exclusives, and I was able to get them through CDJapan. But Dooku, a more recent exclusive, was not available; and Yoda appears to be the same (I'm presuming). So, if I'm connecting the dots, CDJapan no longer wants to participate in the exclusive offerings.

Well, I’ve just sold off my Figuarts collection....... cue a deluge of preorders. I love the line, but it’s not in the same replace it was 2 years ago- the gaps between preorders is just painful. I’m sticking to HT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I’ve just sold off my Figuarts collection....... cue a deluge of preorders. I love the line, but it’s not in the same replace it was 2 years ago- the gaps between preorders is just painful.

Are you quitting just because of the gap in releases? But, haven't you just insured that you'll never get any new SHF figures by quitting altogether?

Are you quitting just because of the gap in releases? But, haven't you just insured that you'll never get any new SHF figures by quitting altogether?

And the lack of OT/R1 figures. My new collection plan is HT figures plus Black series for background OT characters like bounty hunters.

I don't see how Hot Toys is anymore steady in terms of POs than SHF. Plus they miss release windows all the time and they're solicited so far out in advance, unlike SHF figures.

Back