S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry but I couldn’t narrow it down to my favorite lol

253588DF-7989-42CF-AA8A-6CA13D2117F0.jpeg
478B87C8-DB83-4ED0-BB41-A6D7D9B83B03.jpeg
68BD82DE-1ADB-416F-81BB-93EEEA7A5929.jpeg
693E0E7D-BB46-487E-A1B6-980A0C3FCB92.jpg
0DAE97D7-6075-4F5F-B85F-9E8E15E4053F.jpg
3D3511B5-84AB-4E2D-A31F-A3D68DABED6F.jpg
A7D36604-8053-4C11-9B72-72623F2B7B68.jpg

The raised fist with blaster is such a classic Han Solo pose, so hard to resist setting up *any* Han figure that way. :rock

It's how I had my HT ANH Han set up as well, lol.

With the addition of Chewbacca and the Archive Bossk & IG-88, I think my SW shelf is finished for good (until Palpatine & Yoda, if they ever happen).

1UCWauu.jpg

B3SfIWT.jpg

Qui8wkX.jpg

I’d display my SH C-3po too, I’m just deathly worried about leaving fingerprints on him. :lol Still need to build the R2-D2 model kit too, they just hurt my hands so bad.

Yeah with Dengar here and finishing the bounty hunters for me I'm really feeling somewhat close to being "done" haha. I know there's random characters here and there and new movie stuff but feeling good about the OT and even PT with how great Figuarts has been.

Got my SH Figuarts Solo version Chewie.......what's surprising beyond 3 face portraits is a pretty big reworking of what they did w the ANH version. Head fits better and less of a seam with the portraits - for $36 bucks shipped via ebay, it's a pretty great fig imo

Anyone know if knock off figure hands fit on the genuine product?
I’ve had my Jedi Luke since August and have had him in the same pose since, holding his lightsaber in his right hand. Yesterday I decided it was time to change him up, wanted to have him holding the saber with both hands when I then discovered I’ve got all the correct right side gloved hands. But on his left I have two closed fists instead of the holding lightsaber hand and his left open palm hand turns out to be for his right hand side!!
So frustrating, can’t believe I didn’t check everything

Hopefully the next show the 2nd week of February we’ll get some release dates. I hate when it’s quiet for so long there’s been nothing since the Count.

Anyone know if knock off figure hands fit on the genuine product?
I’ve had my Jedi Luke since August and have had him in the same pose since, holding his lightsaber in his right hand. Yesterday I decided it was time to change him up, wanted to have him holding the saber with both hands when I then discovered I’ve got all the correct right side gloved hands. But on his left I have two closed fists instead of the holding lightsaber hand and his left open palm hand turns out to be for his right hand side!!
So frustrating, can’t believe I didn’t check everything

I don't know for sure but if I had to bet something would work would be the hands. I've thought about getting a KO Maul to ride the Sith Speeder but never got one yet.

Hopefully the next show the 2nd week of February we’ll get some release dates. I hate when it’s quiet for so long there’s been nothing since the Count.

Actually just remembered that I hadn't PO'ed Dooku, so headed on over to Nippon Yasan and ordered one. Can't believe that he's been up since early October and that we've had nothing since...

I think it's interesting that MAFEX Boba gets so much praise. I bought the ROTJ version last year and to me he feels ridiculously brittle and fragile. He LOOKS nice, but it's not a toy I'd ever recommend handling.

The two SHF SW I have, Farmboy Luke and Fisherman Luke, don't feel nearly as fragile and cant stand up to quite a bit of posing and handling. I think that Fisherman Luke was by far one of the best releases of 2018.

The other two MAFEX toys I have are pretty excellent, in my opinion....RoboCop and Alex from Clockwork Orange. I was nervous, given MAFEX's reputation for putting out nothing but crap that falls apart, but thankfully, these two were really great.

Does anyone else get what I mean about MAFEX Boba though? He just feels like he's gonna snap if I move him around too much.

I doubt I'll get SHF ROTJ Boba if it's ever released though....it looks way too cartoony.

I think it's interesting that MAFEX Boba gets so much praise. I bought the ROTJ version last year and to me he feels ridiculously brittle and fragile. He LOOKS nice, but it's not a toy I'd ever recommend handling.

The two SHF SW I have, Farmboy Luke and Fisherman Luke, don't feel nearly as fragile and cant stand up to quite a bit of posing and handling. I think that Fisherman Luke was by far one of the best releases of 2018.

The other two MAFEX toys I have are pretty excellent, in my opinion....RoboCop and Alex from Clockwork Orange. I was nervous, given MAFEX's reputation for putting out nothing but crap that falls apart, but thankfully, these two were really great.

Does anyone else get what I mean about MAFEX Boba though? He just feels like he's gonna snap if I move him around too much.

I doubt I'll get SHF ROTJ Boba if it's ever released though....it looks way too cartoony.

The Mafex Boba definitely feels fragile in certain places. I wouldn't say the entire figure feels that way. But they gave us some very fine details (the moving helmet scope, the fine sleeve tubes) that are just gonna be delicate when done accurately at this scale. But thats why it gets praised, aside from some nitpicking issues (The legs seem kind of slim), it looks like a hot toys or side show shrunken down. Its near perfection. The colors/paint, the sculpts, everything is basically dead on from every angle.

Though the Mafex Star Wars line definitely has some fragile elements to it across the line, many of the newer figures essentially sacrifice durability for accuracy. The super chrome Phasma needs to be handled with care, but you're just not going to get a better phasma in this scale.

I agree with the Figuarts Fett though. Looks like a cartoon. But a lot of their recent figures have a slight anime stylization to them that I'm not liking. The Ep3 Anakin has the softest, tiny baby face ever. The Ep3 Obi looks like you can cut yourself on his finely sharpened beard lol. It kind of started with the TFA line of figures.

Unmaked TFA Kylo looked asian

TLJ Rey has anime eyes

Both Phasmas have exaggerated feminine sculpts

Dooku looks like he MIGHT be a return to form, except for the strangely way too light costume color.

Figuarts has been one step forward, one or two steps backwards a lot lately

It’s not fair to say the Figuarts TFA Unmasked Kylo is anime like when the Mafex one is most certainly more stylized.

It’s not fair to say the Figuarts TFA Unmasked Kylo is anime like when the Mafex one is most certainly more stylized.

I agree to an extent. The Mafex Kylo has horrible, Hasbro level paint apps though. I wouldn't call it anime, just a **** factory paint job.

Back