S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. And those sites are easy to use (PayPal, USD, etc.?)

I also throw Anime-Export in there as well; more than Nippon Yasan since they've got expensive shipping. There's also CDJapan which is a great site to order from and they have points on top of it too.

I think all take Paypal or credit card direct. My tips are use a credit card w/ no foreign transaction fees and always pay in Yen. Paypal makes you do an extra step to use your credit cards exchange rate but it's almost always better.

I use AmiAmi or HLJ for standard releases. The exclusives I get through Nippon-Yasan or MyKombini.

Thanks for the heads up guys. Are the Bandai figures that are the priciest (Arena Padme, etc.) really that in demand or are they just super rare?

Padme and most other rare ones (ANH Chewbacca aside) were web exclusives which are produced to order. So they don't get normal releases. So they're definitely rarer; don't know about the actual supply b/c there's always people selling them for $200 or something crazy.

Thanks. And those sites are easy to use (PayPal, USD, etc.?)

Amiami is, but when you pick the ship method, it'll take them a day or two to finalize the price and your final confirmation

For those that passed on old ben from SH figuarts: he's more impressive in person than I felt in reviews........

Stand down Anakin

TbKmwEy.jpg

such a great pic! :clap

That pic is epic

Hey all, for those with the SH figuarts Chewie: any way to increase the height a tad? Can you buy longer pegs for the waist, neck or ankles? It's pretty good but the height and the seam in the head are two things I want to fix, if possible?

Padme and most other rare ones (ANH Chewbacca aside) were web exclusives which are produced to order. So they don't get normal releases. So they're definitely rarer; don't know about the actual supply b/c there's always people selling them for $200 or something crazy.

Oh okay, interesting. I'm surprised that Padme was made to order as a one-shot and not in greater numbers given the fan appeal of her Arena outfit.

Probably because the AOTC stuff was hanging around a long time. In fact, I think you can still find AOTC Obi-Wan and the Geonosis BDs at retail or less.

That pic is epic

Hey all, for those with the SH figuarts Chewie: any way to increase the height a tad? Can you buy longer pegs for the waist, neck or ankles? It's pretty good but the height and the seam in the head are two things I want to fix, if possible?

That would be really cool if you could raise him a touch, height is the only thing that holds me back from dropping the $$$ to get him.

That would be really cool if you could raise him a touch, height is the only thing that holds me back from dropping the $$$ to get him.

It bothered me more than now. He's maybe a half head short. You can tug on the legs a tad....and the solo version at $36 via ebay is tempting too -may get it for custom fodder....the seam in the side of the head is pretty noticeable. For all the engineering they do for their pull-apart portraits, I can't help but wonder if a switch out head would just be easier and would def look better.

It bothered me more than now. He's maybe a half head short. You can tug on the legs a tad....and the solo version at $36 via ebay is tempting too -may get it for custom fodder....the seam in the side of the head is pretty noticeable. For all the engineering they do for their pull-apart portraits, I can't help but wonder if a switch out head would just be easier and would def look better.

I would prefer a swap out head over the faceplate too, but honestly I hardly use the swap out parts, so I doesnt matter too much to me. The Solo Chewy is super cool and cheap, but really the BS version is so nice, I'm finding it hard to justify buying the Figuarts as well. I would buy one if it was easy to convert one of them to an OT Chewy for sure though!

I would prefer a swap out head over the faceplate too, but honestly I hardly use the swap out parts, so I doesnt matter too much to me. The Solo Chewy is super cool and cheap, but really the BS version is so nice, I'm finding it hard to justify buying the Figuarts as well. I would buy one if it was easy to convert one of them to an OT Chewy for sure though!

Yeah the BS solo one is shorter than the earlier BS, so that's my fav of the Hasbro options thus far

I really want to track down a Figuarts ANH Chewie, but he's so much money. If anyone here wants to offload one for not a ridiculous price pls lemme know.

Might be thinking of the SOLO one which was heavily clearanced, but that could've been the case for the ANH version too and I was just late.

I think the ANH Chewie sold out quick, he's the only one I've missed since I started following the line a couple of years ago.

Back