S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a stickler for scale. It doesn't have to be PERFECT, but when you put this Chewie next to their Han something IMMEDIATELY jumps out at you as looking off or wrong. So it distracts/detracts from the whole figure for me.

I get it, you do you! Doesn’t seem like Mafex will ever make one, but I’d be interested to see what they’d do. You never know what scale they’re gonna choose. Sometimes they fit right in with other lines, and sometimes they’re giant.

I'd imagine Mafex being way too tall lol. But I was definitely hoping to see them take a crack at it. They've been real slow on the Star Wars front, only two new figures coming this year (announced anyway).

Not sure why they're even making one. The Mafex Boba is perfect.

Literally looks like a small human being inside a costume with a helmet on.

Sounds dumb, but owners know what I mean lol

But isn’t it a small human being inside?

c9fb37509759b9668629518030a3cf22.jpg

As Robokillah in the Fwoosh review says “looks like a little dude in a suit”

8b64e21b9efcc3d14fe8f86932a823ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing that Mafex does or did right with Boba that almost no one else does is they paint the elbow and knee joints. I don't think SHF does on any I have and the few Figmas (Deadpool) I have don't. It really adds a lot to make the figure look good and honestly shouldn't add too much work to the figure.

The thing that Mafex does or did right with Boba that almost no one else does is they paint the elbow and knee joints. I don't think SHF does on any I have and the few Figmas (Deadpool) I have don't. It really adds a lot to make the figure look good and honestly shouldn't add too much work to the figure.

That what reckon more importantly as I’m seeing in the Hottoys ESB Boba Fett threads, is just getting the helmet sculpt right. They are still arguing about the sculpt over there, whereas with this smaller 1/12 figure, they’ve really nailed it. It’s the right kind of big. Then there’s rest of the proportions, the correct paint application, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't find a photo of Chewie yet, but damn. Love the box art and that dirty, dirty trooper.

i-img900x1200-153010419523kpef60691.jpg

Lmao!

3 faces for Chewie? Nice, I thought the goggles were removable. Glad Ben Kenobi turned out less hitlery.

(Off topic: I nearly bought that Deadshot, damn I'm glad I dodged that bullet. Same with Bane, what were they thinking!?)

Ah man, I'm sad I missed the preorder for Ben at BBTS. He looks so good.

I have a LCS that gets most of the SW Figuarts figures, so I'll try there in a couple weeks.

A photo of this updated Obi-Wan taken in some showroom was posted here a while ago and in that photo the hood looked better. Maybe the hood was not plugged in properly in these photos? There seems to be quite the gap and it looks as if you can push the hood down a bit further for a somewhat better fit. Due to the open Jedi robes they couldn't go the Hermit Luke route and make it more seamless. Still, a great improvement over both the prototype and the BS version.

Back