S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we could all agree to disagree fellas 😃

But my favorite character isn't really boba or jango.

Maximilian Veers. Hahaha i think we could all agree that he's probably one of the five competent supporting imperial characters outside tthe EU hahaha

If Bandai/Mafex/Hasbro releases a veers figure, i'll buy 5 each. One will be kept mint. The other 4 will be modded as:

1. House Husband Veers
2. Company-paid Vacation Veers (because the empire probably sees his competency too and would reward him)
3. Outdoor BBQ Veers
4. Christmas Veers

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

And Unemployed Veers...when, you know...vader died. He was loyal to him only after all

Well we could all agree to disagree fellas ��

But my favorite character isn't really boba or jango.

Maximilian Veers. Hahaha i think we could all agree that he's probably one of the five competent supporting imperial characters outside tthe EU hahaha

If Bandai/Mafex/Hasbro releases a veers figure, i'll buy 5 each. One will be kept mint. The other 4 will be modded as:

1. House Husband Veers
2. Company-paid Vacation Veers (because the empire probably sees his competency too and would reward him)
3. Outdoor BBQ Veers
4. Christmas Veers

Yeah, ok...

One question; did you pass our brotherhood test for newbies?

Ruler #1: We don't like humor.

----------------

Ruler#2: This is a joke. Smile.:lol

I couldn't disagree more.

Same but let's also not forget Lucas made star wars for kids to begin with, so that's always such an invalid criticism of the PT. The OT has so much cheesy stuff in it directly aimed at kids. The only real difference is a choice in aesthetic and nostalgia. Lucas switched it up with the pt, either you like that or you don't. There's no descent reason to proclaim one as superior, they're just different. And for what it's worth, if anything, the pt has a tremendous load of creative designs. Of course that lends itself to toys, but not more than the ot did, or other pop culture franchizes like comic book characters, lord of the rings, etc.

If the pt hadn't been star wars but something original there'd be way more appreciation of this. It's just sad to me that after 17 years people still can't get over moaning about the fact the lucas simply wanted to do something new. It's the same thing with this 'not muh superman' nonsense. Things change, artists seek to do something new. It doesn't erase the OT, in fact it just makes it cooler to me because it stays unique, and it makes the empire era even more strikingly cold.

TFA was a nice nostalgia trip but if they're not carving out their own new aesthetic it's just going to render the ot style into a gimmick. And if anything, THAT is to sell toys.

Same but let's also not forget Lucas made star wars for kids to begin with, so that's always such an invalid criticism of the PT. The OT has so much cheesy stuff in it directly aimed at kids. The only real difference is a choice in aesthetic and nostalgia. Lucas switched it up with the pt, either you like that or you don't. There's no descent reason to proclaim one as superior, they're just different. And for what it's worth, if anything, the pt has a tremendous load of creative designs. Of course that lends itself to toys, but not more than the ot did, or other pop culture franchizes like comic book characters, lord of the rings, etc.

If the pt hadn't been star wars but something original there'd be way more appreciation of this. It's just sad to me that after 17 years people still can't get over moaning about the fact the lucas simply wanted to do something new. It's the same thing with this 'not muh superman' nonsense. Things change, artists seek to do something new. It doesn't erase the OT, in fact it just makes it cooler to me because it stays unique, and it makes the empire era even more strikingly cold.

TFA was a nice nostalgia trip but if they're not carving out their own new aesthetic it's just going to render the ot style into a gimmick. And if anything, THAT is to sell toys.

Entering this spontaneous debate on the prequels; my only problems with this trilogy are basically storylines:

- Episode I should start with Anakin as a Padawan. I think is important to have the same actors in every trilogy. The story of his childhood could have been told in a spin-off.
- Clone Wars should start at Episode I.
- Jar Jar does not displease me as a comic character, simply gave too much prominence.
- When Anakin killed every Tusken, padme should have left him. No woman would be so comprehensive with an act of genocide so abrupt and absurd.
- The scene of Anakin killing younglings should never be shown to the audience.
- Anakin should have become Vader at the beginning of Episode 3. At least wearing his body armor, and put the helmet at the end.
- More prominence to the Clone troops.

Otherwise, they are very entertaining and epic movies.

I love the Jedi council. Obi-Wan. Mace Windu. Jango Fett. Pod Race. Darth Maul. Qui-Gon. Kamino. Dooku. Padme in white. Acklay. Geonosis. Super Battle Droids. Droidekas. Soundtrack. Final form Sidious. Phase I Clone Troopers... etc.

I recommend this documentary:

The Prequels Strike Back: A Fan's Journey - Documentary

Well in that case, jango is a perfect representation for you guys :D. To me jango, at least aesthetically, will always be my favourite Star wars character. I just love that colour scheme, he looks great next to Boba (the characters, not necessarily the figures), and he was my fav character growing up, so that probably helped

EDIT: Just curious, what in particular makes you think jango looks like a toy? He's just a cleaner, shinier, recoloured version of Boba with additional armour plating and twin pistols, which are pretty cool imo (love the sound they make)
Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

To me, he just seems a toy as an SH Figuarts, not the character himself.

Let me say, Jango Fett is also one of my fav characters of the saga. I named my dog Jango, just after viewing AOTC in 2002. He died three days ago, after fighting for his life as very few dogs would do it. He was an actual mandalorian dog!
So, when I get a Jango Fett figure, I want it to look as the real Jango of the movies. SHF one is a nice toys, but he lacks of bulky and presence.
Anyway, I'm still thinking to get a new one after returning it because was defective. When someone is a "character focused" collector, any version is good.

:wink1:

I think you mistook my post, I share the same opinion as you.

I'm just a prequelist....can't stand them! Not a question of difference, just quality. They have loads of ideas and hard work in them...but sometimes you can try too hard. As the saying goes, 'you can't polish a turd'. Sorry...just my opinion. I know this won't be popular.

I'm just a prequelist....can't stand them! Not a question of difference, just quality. They have loads of ideas and hard work in them...but sometimes you can try too hard. As the saying goes, 'you can't polish a turd'. Sorry...just my opinion. I know this won't be popular.
IMO, prequels are good movies.

Enviat des del meu GT-I9505 usant Tapatalk

Everyone has had their opinion on the PT and there are a lot of fair comments. For me they proved that's lucas is pretty bad at film making (and casting a bit too). The story was there for me but the mistake was mostly in the telling of that story. That said, I really enjoyed them for what they were, especially ROTS which was the hilight for me. Each to their own though :)

I love the attention the PTs are getting from Figuarts, they're pretty damn awesome.

I think you mistook my post, I share the same opinion as you.

No I just riffed off your post in a confusing way, sorry about that.

To others: my point ftr was above all simply that some criticisms of the pt are just as applicable to the ot, including having a lot of kids oriented stuff, perfect for toy making. The very original stormtrooper is and TFA's stormtroopers sure as hell are - most of tfa's designs quite were clearly intentionally toy friendly. I have no issues with other opinions. Hate the prequels with a passion. But SW is a kids franchize with depth to it and all 7 movies are like that. Some more or less than others, but they all remain within the same zone. If there is an exception, it would only be Empire, but yoda too was a toy waiting to happen. That has its own great charm and livelyness, but it's not essentially different from Jango, or Jabba or Boba or Maz. No need or valid basis to make out the ot or tfa as distinctly superior in this matter.

I just really like the aesthetic of the prequels. When I was younger the OT just seemed very old and lifeless, and the pt had that spark that made me love star wars. So nostalgia does have a part in this. I just like the designs, locations, fights, etc. I like both the OT and PT stories equally, theyre all part of one big one anyway

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 5.34.09 pm.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 9.08.06 pm.jpg

The green screen removal is never clean.... Theres always little fragments and bits. And because of the green reflections in the plastic i have to recolour most of it. There HAS to be an easier way...any suggestions?
Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 9.10.41 pm.jpg

Once it's done though it looks convincing enough
Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 8.08.08 pm.jpg

Epic photos!

Jango has been one of the highlights of Figuarts Star Wars range so far (along with Mace and Maul)... Hoping he does well enough that we get not only a Boba but some of the more generic Mandalorians from The Clone Wars would be great (not expecting it though).

Epic photos!

Jango has been one of the highlights of Figuarts Star Wars range so far (along with Mace and Maul)... Hoping he does well enough that we get not only a Boba but some of the more generic Mandalorians from The Clone Wars would be great (not expecting it though).

Agreed! I know some people aren't convinced but he's a great figure for posing and is pure fun in hand.

Back