S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So yeah, Phasma is a little short.
aren't you a little short to be a phasma.jpg

Insert OT reference here.

Agreed, figuarts looks better there, even if it's shorter and not chrome(which I thought I'd prefer chrome, I guess not)

The figuarts looks female, something I dont think any other company can do, even mafex.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The figuarts looks female, something I dont think any other company can do, even mafex.

It might be the lighting on the chest area that seems to be accentuating her feminine features.

To be fair, the kit doesn't have the cape on so it looks sloppy in comparison to the Figuart. I would like to see a side by side with a complete kit before I make judgement.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Well, in the fwoosh review he mentions that the legs are stuck in that wide stance unless you pull them down, so that doesnt help the female stances either. Once i have the model kit in hand I will show a side by side, but i have a feeling the figuarts will come out on top in that department.

Either way I'm gonna wait for the Mafex version. Not in a rush to get Phasma and the current options are so so imo.

Either way I'm gonna wait for the Mafex version. Not in a rush to get Phasma and the current options are so so imo.

My thoughts exactly. The model kit's chrome-ness kind of makes it look....unrealistic imo

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

It looked good in the promo pics but judging by the in hand ones, it's too much. I'd rather have an action figure to a model kit anyhow and the Mafex is looking to be the best of what we got. Model kits are best for Gundams and Zoids imo, not really for articulated action figures

Also, i dont know if you guys would agree. But i find the model kits a bit....hollow and light. There's a really satisfying way in holding a really solid action figure like figuarts or mafex. Haha

Yeah of course, they are hollow figures and made with easier to cut out thinner plastic. To me though, theres just something satisfying in building your own figure, especially when they look so good for half the price.

Im a fan of figuarts and the model kits btw, I just like having both.

I agree with the "building your own figure" part. I used to build and paint gundams before getting into action figure collecting. I even have the at-st, slave 1, and xwing model kits. But for the humanoid characters, im figuarts/mafex.

But yeah i agree, even the humanoid model kits look amazing. To each his own i guess 😃

Ha....you want substantial....try the Elite series.....bit top heavy as a consequence. So lighter models can give better poses potentially.

Ugh; dont even start with the elite series BS. Having a bit of metal doesnt make it a collector figure. They are lazily built, have very little useful articulation and the die cast isnt even used properly.

Fair comment....I have examples of all makes for star wars and the Elites have their place. Darth Vader is the best one it there for scale, quality finish, etc. Biggest fail of elite is the articulation....

Oh....and the stormtrooper is the best head sculpt out there.....ok...back into amazing shf....love my Jedi Luke and paid pre order on biker scout is exciting

Sorry, I didnt mean to go on a rant, I have just have very bad experiences with the elite series, and imo its literally a money grab by Disney.

I went out and bought kylo and phasma back when the elites came out. was definitely not a fan of them in person. not to mention those screw holes just made them look mehh to me.

ended up selling both on eBay for retail.

Anyone able to say why the most criticised shf figure, the stormtrooper, is the most expensive to buy used?

Back