S.H.Figuarts Marvel MCU General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks first time ordering from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my 3rd. Received first already and waiting for the 2nd to release. It’s usually a 50% deposit though. Not sure why it was a complete payment up front this time.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Bummer that they just now showed off Hawkeye, only after it’s too late to cancel Ronin, but after seeing the movie I guess I won’t mind having both.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Got my Ant-Man, Widow and Thanos today and they’re great as expected. Loving the likenesses on Ant-Man and Widow, and Thanos just looks awesome.
e3737efe85db05d8f1b3ba51e85f4fa3.jpg

b8a0847b211a7225d79a38821dbcabd5.jpg
bfd9d58929a5f0291b2169d74a07f8b4.jpg

3779f95c070b25503d81b5b350c0bbfe.jpg

d982e370ad5d948e1ead5876ccc3d644.jpg

9fee719e15e27359b8d22ef49f58bb36.jpg

Great shots! Might have to bite the bullet on Antman. Found out today that the civil war cap head fits on the Infinity War body, which might save me some money if I can get over the slightly different skin tones. 🤷🏽*♂️

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

He's already up on Anime-Export. He's a web exclusive so he won't be at the regular stores. I don't know if it is a Japan only exclusive or not.

He is a web exclusive. Meaning he'll have limited distribution even in Japan.

With the exception of Thanos, all the figures in the single pack without one of the Tamashii effects are technically "Japan Only" (or rather, "Global Only with exception to the US"). Hasbro holds the "master license" for Marvel (and Star Wars) figures at all size scales. It's a way they control the market and eliminate competition. It's only when the figure is over $75-$80 price point that another manufacturer can make them and distribute them in the US as they are deemed an "Adult Collectible". Tamashii has paired their "US Releases" of these figures with a big accessory (like their Tamashii Effects - Stands, Explosions, etc.) and pushed them over the $75-$80 price-point. The figures are normally around $50-$60 USD in Japan which doesn't meet the US threshold for release as an "Adult Collectible".

He is a web exclusive. Meaning he'll have limited distribution even in Japan.

With the exception of Thanos, all the figures in the single pack without one of the Tamashii effects are technically "Japan Only" (or rather, "Global Only with exception to the US"). Hasbro holds the "master license" for Marvel (and Star Wars) figures at all size scales. It's a way they control the market and eliminate competition. It's only when the figure is over $75-$80 price point that another manufacturer can make them and distribute them in the US as they are deemed an "Adult Collectible". Tamashii has paired their "US Releases" of these figures with a big accessory (like their Tamashii Effects - Stands, Explosions, etc.) and pushed them over the $75-$80 price-point. The figures are normally around $50-$60 USD in Japan which doesn't meet the US threshold for release as an "Adult Collectible".

Yes, I'm aware of all that, but I was referring to them being literally exclusive. Rocket Racoon and Infinity War Thor were specifically labeled as "Japan Only." They haven't and won't get US releases.

Yes, I'm aware of all that, but I was referring to them being literally exclusive. Rocket Racoon and Infinity War Thor were specifically labeled as "Japan Only." They haven't and won't get US releases.

Hawkeye doesn’t look like he has the “Japan only” label so there’s potential for him to get a bluefin release. The problem is so far we haven’t even gotten release announcements from bluefin about the other characters that’s already been shown outside of Thanos and the mark 50 weapon set. I’m afraid they might have given up on these special bundled releases.

Back