S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And then there’s that normal Broly that was leaked...
...which is an odd choice to be honest. Don’t get me wrong I’m excited af, but you’d think they would capitalize on the armored Broly from the new movie first instead of the old version

I’m actually super excited for a Saiyan Broly. He is one of my top 3 desired. To me it’s smart to try push out the old first then the new just after movie release.
Same with the Super Buu before Kid Buu. If we got a kid Buu first I would probably not buy the Super Buu. Now I’ll have to buy both cuz I don’t want to wait a year before having a proper Buu (I don’t like the fat Buu character, I thought he was annoying)

Exactly. Both Super Buu and Supressed Broly are smart moves. And they are some of the most requested figures from the line. I’m going to be picking up both of them in a time where I’m trying to cut back. There’s a lot of these releases I have opted not to pursue, because they just aren’t something I feel is a staple for my shelf.

What do you think the chances are that they will release a 2.0 Piccolo in the next year or so? I'm considering picking up the old one (just started collecting), but he's getting somewhat pricy - $65-70 when he was about $35 this time last year. Not crazy expensive or anything, but if he's going to relaunched at the same price but as a better figure I'd just go with that.

Also need to get Krillin at some point. Reckon he'll never get a re-release or 2.0 aside from the upcoming kid version so after market it is :slap

It’s only a matter of time before we see a new improved Piccolo. It’s anyone’s guess as to why it’s taking so long but eventually we will get it. It could be just around the corner for all we know. A month ago nobody could have guessed that we’ll be getting Mr. Satan or normal Broly

We’ll probably get a 2.0 Piccolo, Krillin, Vegito and Mystic Gohan sometime within the next few years. I think those are inevitable.

I also wish for a new version of Piccolo. He deserves a new body! I wish they'd also give him stretchy arm accessories since that's one of his trademark moves. Hmm this makes me wonder... does piccolo's arms have bones if they can stretch like that?!

Maybe if they're going to make new versions of older Figuarts, they might as well improve the scale of those who weren't as tall as they should have been. After seeing the prototype Super Buu and how seemingly accurate his height is, it made me wish others would follow in the scale department.

I also hope they'd make proper articulated versions of Saibaman and Chaotzu. If they won't, then I hope Demoniacal Fit would lol! If that DF Ginyu is good, I'll go buy one of those random Frieze Soldiers so that the heroes will have somebody else to beat up. :)

Great Saiyaman is scheduled for a February release in Japan. Photos to show the accessories should be revealed shortly. Can't wait to see what else he comes with.

Why the old style though? Piccolo pants, no visible torso articulation... Screenshot_20180903-112101_Instagram.jpg

A lot of people are saying it’s fake because of that, which certainly makes sense. He was an odd choice based on the timing with the re color and new movie broly happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would much rather non ssj new Movie Broly. I feel like from the designs we have seen I like that look the best.

8ABBE6DC-1B4C-4E8E-9CA7-433C27230DD2.jpeg

Last edited:
Why not both? Broly's original design will always have its fans because the character is a fan favorite. I'm sure in the years to come we'll see a ton of the new Broly design in various figures, statues, etc.. but this version of the "old" Broly is a rare occurence that should be encouraged. Even if it's an older articulation style.

Why not both? Broly's original design will always have its fans because the character is a fan favorite. I'm sure in the years to come we'll see a ton of the new Broly design in various figures, statues, etc.. but this version of the "old" Broly is a rare occurence that should be encouraged. Even if it's an older articulation style.

Oh don’t get me wrong. I’m all for them making that broly right now, I just thought it was an odd choice for Tamashi considering all the other broly releases and announcements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yaaaaaaaas :clap

Yeah they are way overdue for a 2.0 Piccolo, and we should be seeing it soon if not 2019, then the next year. Same will go for Krillin. There are too many collectors new to the line (due to DBS) that they would be foolish not to do a 2.0.
With new fans clambering for the old figures, they do listen ... hence those Premium Colors releases. It is just a matter of time for those 2.0’s. I think they are just trying to make the long time collectors happy right now as well by releasing long needed characters.

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if we see a Piccolo release much the same as this most recent Goku raised on earth ... ie cheaper with less items to go with it, may do same with Krillin as well.

Back