S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will never pay 500 for a Figuarts even if it’s Dragon Ball. It’s not that I undervalue it, it’s just that it was affordable for me and perhaps would like to see it a bit more affordable. Call me stupid if you want.
Anyway, I’m not planning on selling her and if there ever is a 2.0 of her that is way better, I’ll just use it as a customizable piece.

That’s my philosophy as a collector.

I can’t wait to see a review of the Ginyu figure, I would like to see if it’s good before planning to buy it...

Facts bro, and I ain’t gonna lie. Perfect example, the SDCC 2018 Ninja Toitles by Neca

98056082-853C-4291-A18C-70E920388010.jpeg

These are in the perfect 6” scale and ***** on every other Ninja Toitle figure in my opinion. These are my Ninja Toitle Holy Grail, I grew up idolizing the 90’s films, and even tho scalpers are selling them for $300+, I know they are extremely limited, so I’m gonna have to save up a couple paychecks to pay the scalper prices. It sucks, but I feel they are worth it. I cannot let these slide passed me when the asking price rises to $600+ or whatever

Facts bro, and I ain’t gonna lie. Perfect example, the SDCC 2018 Ninja Toitles by Neca

View attachment 422271

These are in the perfect 6” scale and ***** on every other Ninja Toitle figure in my opinion. These are my Ninja Toitle Holy Grail, I grew up idolizing the 90’s films, and even tho scalpers are selling them for $300+, I know they are extremely limited, so I’m gonna have to save up a couple paychecks to pay the scalper prices. It sucks, but I feel they are worth it. I cannot let these slide passed me when the asking price rises to $600+ or whatever
I want those pesky toitles!!! Wished I bought that dvd trilogy set released in Hong Kong a whole bunch of years ago. Ironic how that Hong Kong dvd release was actually initiated by ME!!! Wouldn't have happened if I wasn't working at Joy Sales who just so happens to hold the Fortune Star home video license at the time. The TMNT trilogy was a Golden Harvest production where most of their film catalogue is currently owned by Fortune Star Media. I told my boss that they should re-release the trilogy at the advent of that CGI turtle flick and they did. I miss out.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

On the subject of figures having been sold out and are only available on the secondary market, what do you fine folks think of the going price of figuarts Goku Black? It's around the low 100's, from what I've been seeing. Anyone here that has it think it merits such a price?

I had my doubts but in the end I preordered Gyniu. I'll be waiting for Jeice and guido, Jeice is one of my favorites really hoping quality is good on these ones.

The Freeza soldier well... I might buy him, someday.

I only own 1 Da Tong figure and quality is pretty much "meh" nothing good. Hope this is not the case. I've been thinking in buying a knock off black Goku to have two of them.

300 for the 4 Turtles is a given man. I would buy that...if I had the money ><

How come, Goku Black is sold out when I can still get it in stores at retail price?

300 for the 4 Turtles is a given man. I would buy that...if I had the money ><

How come, Goku Black is sold out when I can still get it in stores at retail price?

What stores still have Goku black?

I'm honestly surprised they are mass producing so many figures at once. They will likely have to be very cautious because Tamashii WILL eventually go after them, but not for what folks think. I guarantee the new joint system is trademarked, and with demoniacal using it that gives them grounds to sue. Toei will also likely go after them for copyright too if they get popular enough.

Not to be a party pooper, but I'm pretty sure that's what happened to the bootleggers before.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yup, you see it a lot with the 1/12 figure scale. I think recently we saw UbiSoft go after that Fire or Flame figures whatever because they were trying to make Unlicensed Assassins' Creed 12" figures. Then we kind of saw Tamashii address their "Bootleg" competition by finally releasing the Premium Color Vegeta, a new SSJ3 Goku (to compete with the head molds) and then a re-release of the old Frieza figure with some updates.

How is it that so many Third-party companies are making these other Transformers figures? They seem to get away with it more than anyone.

Yeah, all the third party transformers seem to do is change the name of the bot and it's a free for all lol. Tbh, it must take alot of work to design a figure of that level so they might get more leeway than most.

Yeah, all the third party transformers seem to do is change the name of the bot and it's a free for all lol. Tbh, it must take alot of work to design a figure of that level so they might get more leeway than most.

Yeah! They just change the name and it's as easy as that. Undoubtedly, some of the third-party companies do a REALLY great effort on their figures (some of which are better than Takara's/Hasbro's own work). I'm just surprised that Takara/Hasbro haven't pursued it as much...maybe it doesn't really "hurt" them as much as we might think...

I just don’t want Demoniacal to waste time & resources releasing random henchmen only to have Tamashii prematurely shut them down before they can release the more popular characters. Raditz & Jeice I get, but that Frieza soldier is just... ???

Lets hope they’re not planning on making this guy next

60F2973D-D026-4B81-A350-C473EB22128E.jpeg

Can you remember his name without googling it first? Neither can I.

I just don’t want Demoniacal to waste time & resources releasing random henchmen only to have Tamashii prematurely shut them down before they can release the more popular characters. Raditz & Jeice I get, but that Frieza soldier is just... ???

Lets hope they’re not planning on making this guy next

View attachment 422352

Can you remember his name without googling it first? Neither can I.

Yes, but only because I pull him often in Dokkan battle.

Hey guys is there a bootleg or cheap stand for these figures?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It's funny because I have the opposite feeling on the matter, I'm so happy some company is making characters that may not ever be released otherwise, in fact I'm really happy about the Frieza Force soldier, and would like to get a Cui too, and I'd love for them to tackle some more movie characters (Salza is planned already) like Androids 13, 14, 15, etc.. or Janemba!

Saw this on FB....

"Dear Valued Members,

This morning I had a meeting with Bluefin regarding S.H.Figuarts Dragon Ball allocations and quantity cuts. What was told to me was that given the Dragon Ball Tour and the rising popularity of Dragon Ball in North America, Tamashii Nations greatly under estimated the demand and therefore under produced all of the Dragon Ball figures. Bluefin has no other choice, but to heavily allocate and cut down quantities ordered from all major retailers and dealers. This an across the board allocation that includes Amazon, BigBadToyStore, GameStop, Barnes&Nobles, etc. as well as all independent dealers, such as TOYCO Collectibles.

Goku (A Saiyan Raised on Earth) was originally not part of these allocations from Bluefin and Tamashii Nations, but as of this morning I have been given the final word that they are effectively cutting my original preorder quantity in half. The group preorders and shoptoyco.com orders are my top priority. In order to satisfy every customer that had preordered with me on these two platforms and not have to cancel any one customer completely, I must reduce everyone’s orders down to just 1 unit per customer. I will begin tagging everyone next week, when Bluefin receives their shipment container.

Master Roshi, Majin Buu, and Bulma have all been cut down by around the same % as Goku from my original preordered quantities. So, I’ll be looking to do the same reduction down to one unit per person for those as well. None of this is great news, but is necessary and it’s out of everyone’s hands. No other retailers will be showing this item as “in stock” as all retailers and dealers were cut down from their initial preordered quantities.

Bluefin hopes that this will only be temporary for the remainder of figures announced this year. They will be speaking with Tamashii higher ups during Otakon in hopes to raise the allocation quantity for future preorders and releases. Thank you all for your understanding and appreciate your continued support. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly. Have a great evening.

Andrew Gryphon Yen
Owner
TOYCO Collectibles."

Well that's not good. I was wondering why the listing for Goku completely disappeared from the site I PO'd it from. I hope my order's still good.

Back