S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man....Gotenks doesn't look so good. That head-sculpt is kind of sub-par...and sculpting usually isn't an issue for Tamashii. It looks like they had someone else do it rather than their usual sculptors. Hopefully it's improved before the final product.

What you see in the final promo pic, is we'll get.

So is the SH figuarts TMNT line over? Did it bombed? Just wondering.

From what I hear it might be on hold but I predict it will probably be shelved for good. Last I heard was that Shredder was put on hold for now to see how well the line does, but I can't imagine the sales were very strong in the first place.

In my opinion, it was a mistake for them to use the 1980s cartoon designs. I know it apparently was the top pick for the poll they apparently did, but alas, look how that turned out. Nobody bought them & now the line is either in jeopardy or canceled.

Perhaps they would’ve been better off basing them on the movie designs instead (the classic movies, not the recent ones). I know I would’ve bought these in SHF form in a heartbeat

B244CCBF-A0D0-4B83-ABD3-FB53E8CD8954.jpeg

In my opinion, it was a mistake for them to use the 1980s cartoon designs. I know it apparently was the top pick for the poll they apparently did, but alas, look how that turned out. Nobody bought them & now the line is either in jeopardy or canceled.

Perhaps they would’ve been better off basing them on the movie designs instead (the classic movies, not the recent ones). I know I would’ve bought these in SHF form in a heartbeat

They said they were considering making them down the line, but there isn't much of a line if you make the movie figures. The cartoon offers more alternate versions and a lot of villains to choose from in order to have a long lasting line. Also, I'm sure they thought the demographic buying these figures are the people who grew up with the cartoon.

Hello! I've just joined this site and forum. I've been following for a few months for the goku black drama, and just wanted to say thanks to everyone for providing updates on shipping status and general info on new figuarts. This seems like a tight community and I'm happy to join. Just wondering-- where's the best place for figuarts news? Thanks everyone.

They said they were considering making them down the line, but there isn't much of a line if you make the movie figures. The cartoon offers more alternate versions and a lot of villains to choose from in order to have a long lasting line. Also, I'm sure they thought the demographic buying these figures are the people who grew up with the cartoon.

I guess you’re right. Maybe it was the high price tag that turned people off? Every time I went to Barnes & Noble I would always see them at around $65. I could just picture kids running up to the display & falling in love with it, but their parents saying “hell no I ain’t paying that. Toys R Us got cheaper ones instead”

Maybe they shoulda just focused on the TMNT brand as a whole, instead of just a specific era. But I don’t know if there were any licensing issues that prevented them from doing that (there usually is, tho)

I guess you’re right. Maybe it was the high price tag that turned people off? Every time I went to Barnes & Noble I would always see them at around $65. I could just picture kids running up to the display & falling in love with it, but their parents saying “hell no I ain’t paying that. Toys R Us got cheaper ones instead”

Maybe they shoulda just focused on the TMNT brand as a whole, instead of just a specific era. But I don’t know if there were any licensing issues that prevented them from doing that (there usually is, tho)

Yeah, Playmates has the master license, so other companies can't make figures that cost the same or sell them at retail stores. That's why Neca can only sell their 6'' figures as a set and as a SDCC exclusive. Playmates sucks.

I finally finished the Dragon Stars Zamasu BAF, so I decided to redo my display! The middle display is pretty much the same, I just swapped Vegetto for Super Saiyan Goku. But I decided to try and set up Shenron again and it was less frustrsting this time haha, and I really wanted to make a Super shelf now that I have both Zamasu's and Goku Black. Now I have to figure where to put Yamcha and Majin Vegeta when I get them hahah

876e487beb834a456a5a6bcc4666b32a.jpg
d0089521bf9dd90e6e56d2a841aa3841.jpg
81ca2ffe499f9b9756cea3c3866cd093.jpg
d7b0446e94571d6c698bc549d54c6c41.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The TMNT line wasn’t successful because of the price, true... but deep down, I think collectors really only want the 1990 movie turtles. Neca is foolish not to try and retool and produce 1/10th scale versions of their movie figures. I’d buy them in a heartbeat. As an adult, I’m far more fond of the first two films than anything else.

Hello! I've just joined this site and forum. I've been following for a few months for the goku black drama, and just wanted to say thanks to everyone for providing updates on shipping status and general info on new figuarts. This seems like a tight community and I'm happy to join. Just wondering-- where's the best place for figuarts news? Thanks everyone.

Welcome!

There's quite a few members on this forum that post to keep everybody up to date with the newest information. So far we're waiting for Tamashii to make a webpage for Gotenks so we can determine all of the accessories.

Also waiting on photos of Figuarts Zero Broly!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them and one of us would be more than happy to help you out!

Yeah I was there on Friday and it was only Marvel, DC, and Star Wars stuff on display. There was some small anime display there too but I’m not familiar with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back