S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regardless of the DBS anime ending, i'm willing to bet there will be another DB anime involving Goku and friends at some point, likely after the EoZ with Uub and such... I'm just glad they decided not to end it and move on without some kind of aftermath of the the events of DBS/ToP and just skipping right to the EoZ which was my original fear with the sudden end. I think EoZ was the worst part of DBZ honestly, and I would not care in the least if they decide to largely ignore it (By that I mean the details that would be specifically contradictory to the events of DBS) . The fallout from the salty purists would be so fun to witness, it would be worth it just for that :lol I love DBS a lot and I find it hilarious when people get so upset about it. I cannot wait for the dub to get to the latter parts of the ToP. I personally think Funimation has been doing an amazing job with it so far.

Picking it up with a movie is definitely new. If I had to guess, I'd say there will probably be another movie next year. I just hope that when they do decide to restart an anime (regardless of the title) they don't elect to rehash the movies into the series like they did with BoG and RoF. That really killed a lot of the hype going into the series. In retrospect I'm glad they expanded on the events of the movies, but would it have really been that hard to pick up after the movies instead of redoing all of it? I personally feel had they handled the beginning of DBS differently, it may have been received differently in the long run. DBS has it's share of salty haters but that doesn't seem to have damaged the brand one bit.

Last edited:
I'm glad dbs is ending too. I liked a lot of it and beerus and whis were my favorite parts of it, but the constant transformations got to be a lot. I dont like how they dumbed goku down either.

But we'll see how this new movie turns out. Bog and rof were good in their own right.

The best way for Dragon Ball to continue, in the foreseeable future, is to promote Vegeta to god of destruction, turn Goku into a Kai and then have the story focus on the struggles of their offspring. They’ll still be in the show, but they won’t be the main focus anymore.

Not as good as the 20% off I previously shared but March 20th (today), eBay is doing 15% off everything from 9am - 7pm Pacific Time. Use coupon PSPRINGTIME, max discount is $50. Get your Figuarts on!

Goku has had little to no character development and has only regressed. He’s gotten dumber and stronger for no apparent reason. Vegeta like always truly earned his power and developed throughout his journey. I get that Goku is the main character but he has been so bland in Super and the constant deus ex machinas have been too ridiculous even for DB standards.

I’ve enjoyed parts of Super but it was executed very poorly overall. Most of the sagas have had anti climactic endings and the power ups have been subpar and nonsensical at times. Perhaps the next iteration of the series will learn from Super’s mistakes and deliver a more superior product

I’ve come to terms with Goku’s recent behavior. I think he’s always going to have that playful, childlike nature anyway, which would make him a perfect Kai honestly.

That’s what makes him Goku, I guess. He has these extended moments where he is completely determined and focused on defeating a threat. And then there’s all his quirkiness that crops up in-between.

I wouldn’t really say he’s completely regressed, but it does feel like he’s playing a little fast and loose.

As for Vegeta, his pride has almost entirely made him into the character he is today. Sadly, I don’t think he’s got much more development left though. I would like to see him become the hero for once, before all of this is over.

The best parts of Super were Vegeta and Future Trunks. I liked Goku's Kaioken x 10 vs Hit... and that's it.

FTFY

I'm a fan of the character, but piss off already. Vegeta has always been and always will be a better character. Goku is just as dull as Superman at this point.

That's actually kinda insulting to Superman :rotfl Supes is written to have purpose & morals (also vast intellect), whereas Goku is mindless & wants to fight just to fight with little or no purpose

One of the highlights of Super was when he forgot that he ever kissed ChiChi. His wife. Never forget that, guys.

I'm enjoying Dragon Ball Super a lot. Maybe more so than Z as an entirety.

#MeToo

DBSuper HAS to be different from Z because it's normal after 18 years! Everything/everybody evolves, and Super for me has achieved A LOT of GREAT moments that are already history of DB as a whole.

That's actually kinda insulting to Superman :rotfl Supes is written to have purpose & morals (also vast intellect), whereas Goku is mindless & wants to fight just to fight with little or no purpose

One of the highlights of Super was when he forgot that he ever kissed ChiChi. His wife. Never forget that, guys.

It honestly bothers me how unintelligent Super has made Goku. We know he doesn't know much things, but Super made him quite unbearable.

I'm talking about his strength. Both Goku and Supe are both the white bread of heroes.

Hah! Only a matter of time before we see Super Saiyan God Ultra Instinct Super Saiyan

New movie teaser... F the haters, I'm super excited and I can't wait for this. I hope they don't make us wait for a long time to see it here in the states.

https://twitter.com/toeianimation/status/976155517125971968?s=21

p.s. sorry if that link shows up weird, the tapatalk app never posts or shows links properly for me. you'd think they'd fix that for how often the app updates

So brave. Actually read the posts next time. No one is hating it for no reason.

The animation looks smooth & fluid, but the premise... already sounding super-cliché. Which is par for the course for Dragon Ball.

>>A new, terrifying antagonist appears! Goku, surpass your limits for the 100th time!!
Krillin, watching from the bench along with an exhausted Vegeta, Gohan, etc. : "Wow, Goku truly is amazing!"

Me on youtube: ugh come on. Give someone else a chance to shine. Why is it always Gok--
Everyone else: Cuz Goku is the main character! Get used to it!! MAIN CHARACTETDTRRTRGHTRRR

edit: @DasMuse i love u bro.. but you already know how it's going to play out. that's what i'm saiyan. dragon ball is just too predictable

I do wish Vegeta would have had his time to shine. He's had his epic moments through Dbz and super, but it's always been Goku who is the one that ends up saving the day. Honestly, Vegeta should have been the one to kill Frieza during the RoF arc, it would have been so much more epic than letting Goku come on last minute and take Frieza out!

Wow.. I understand that a lot of fans liked the art style of the new movie, and everyone will say this is Toriyama's current style, but I'm really disappointed with the art direction they've chosen to Dragon Ball...
I mean, I hope the animation gets better, but DAMN, it is so simple and weird, it looks exactly like One Piece or any other common anime if you know what I mean.

We saw what happened when they changed the art director on Pokemon and Saint Seiya, I can't even recognize Ash... and now they are doing this with my favorite anime of all time..... I mean, if Goku looks that bad on the movie, can't imagine how he's going to look on the series

cN19FdT.png

I'd love the have better animation as long as they don't f * k with Goku's face

So, Toriyama is actually drawing the film? I think it looks okay. He looks a little less refined than usual, especially concerning the boots and the pants. I do think it’s odd to suddenly change the art style though.

Back