S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. I still think he's without a doubt the weakest non movie villain DB has ever gotten. There's nothing compelling about Goku and co. getting over on him other than survival.

He's still more interesting and less embarrassing than "some baby made me cry once so I is a angryz" Broly. But that doesn't say a whole hellva lot about Jiren.

Last edited:
Jiren's backstory is weeeeak ... 3 episodes left (I think??) but overall DBS has been a big disappointment to me, it's not something I would watch if it hadnt the name Dragon Ball on it.I remember how I liked the first movie with Beerus, new mythology looked good and of course I thought about them taking that mythology to do a new fresh season, I was very excited, but then again, disappointment after disappointment. Just a few things I liked about DBS and some new characters, but the plot itself is well, not for me I guess.

I hope the anime returns (I have no knowledge about this) with a new fresh and I hope better plot, without stupid power-ups and such. But I think that ship sailed yeeeeears ago I suposse.

So...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hopefully @Snake Plissken respects him a little more now :rotfl

Spoiler Spoiler:

DBS 127 (and a blade runner 2049 spoiler).

Spoiler Spoiler:

I've been reading other forums opinions as well & people are saying his backstory is cliche. I'm still confused as to what people expect at this point. This is typical Shonen, DBZ wasn't Shakespeare by any stretch of the imagination & there's never been anything truly "compelling" about Dragon Ball as a whole. Expect to see "Super Saiyan Ultra Instinct" sometime in the future. Toriyama just makes this stuff up as he goes along, the anime writers run with it, and people still act surprised?

For me, A backstory is better than no backstory at all, but if they kept it a mystery, that's lame as well. We know next to nothing about Hit either, or how Beerus got to his position. Beerus' personality makes up for it, but Hit is typical emotionless assassin. Toppo? Typical "super sentai" justice purist. Caulifla? Typical over hyped anime girl. Whis? Typical wise old teacher with a goofy side. Jiren? Typical no nonsense strong guy. I can go on and on. There is nothing new under the sun :dunno

Except all those characters didn't make a point of their origin story, there's no pretence. Nor were they amped up as the main villain. And finally getting to see real badass female saiyans was great. They gave them more character than Jiren without an origin story, which is my point.

That 'this franchize is simple' is no excuse not to be bored by something done so dully. Honestly, you can think of tons of stuff that would add a bit more character to Jiren. The lack of complexity isn't the issue at all. Cell's entire origin story is "I was bred to be perfect lolz." and it's still better than this half-assed late-minute attempt to make us 'feel' something by suddenly dramatizing Jiren's origin with the biggest anime cliché ever was just weak.

DBS 127 (and a blade runner 2049 spoiler).

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm in the same boat. Goku Black was the only story really compelling in all of Super. BOG and ROF were better as films and that makes up like 30% of Super, so in essence you only get Black and Tournament of Power. I loved Black's arc, though I think Trunks' ending was pretty ****** and pretty much undercuts everything he went through during the Cell saga, and saving his own timeline to only have it wiped from existence. He deserved a better ending.

Overall, Super is better than GT. But GT had fantastic character designs, more so than Super.

And in the end, I still think SS4 < SSG SSB UI

Cell Saga

R5kinDul.jpg

I hope there's more to Jiren's origin. I still think there's more to Jiren's power. He probably got his power from the god of destruction.

The god of destruction said he was drawn to Jiren's loneliness. Also, when Jiren stopped Frieza with his eyes, it reminds me of Beerus stopping Vegeta, so it's a similar if not the same technique.

c32b0bc52d8a4c38bd552bdc50ca0296.jpg
picked both of these up today. Dragon summon space pod is so nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems that a lot of the Dragon Ball Super focus went out the window with the Universal Tournament arc and it has chugged along with brief "cool" moments...the series hit its high note with the Goku Black arc and has slowly dipped. I actually wish Toei copied the online comic "Dragon Ball Multiverse" and we saw different universal incarnations of the various characters (which we saw with Goku Black, but I really do wish we saw a GENUINELY EVIL Goku rather than someone who stole his body). I wasn't impressed by many of the fighters from the other Universes who seemed to be fodder for the most part, and the ones that were interesting (Universe 6), we had seen before.

Seeing some movie villains (Broly for example...I know he has his haters, but I love him) as the other Universe's fighters, would've been AWESOME.

they look pretty interesting, but just keep in mind theyre selling only the headsculpt, clothing and accessories, the description states that it does not come with the body, so you need to buy the body separately. I think the goku one looks better but both look cool, although it's 1/6 it's kind of mezco style almost. I would like to see actually 1/12 mezco style dbz figures one day though lol

I completely forgot Toy Fair is this weekend.

Is anybody looking forward to anything specifically? We don't normally see new prototypes so it's mainly releases coming up.

I completely forgot Toy Fair is this weekend.

Is anybody looking forward to anything specifically? We don't normally see new prototypes so it's mainly releases coming up.

Maybe Zamasu, 2.0 Vegetto, Caulifla (I'd hope)? SS4 Goku + SS4 Vegeta.

Some suprises I'd love to see are: Gogeta, Merged Zamasu, Bardock, Future Gohan, 2.0 Ultimate Gohan and/or Ultra Instinct Goku.

Honestly, I hate textured hair looks for SS4 figures. It never looked like that in GT. It was just framed with a few hairs sticking out. It's too King Kong like. I understand the reasoning for it, but it just never sat right with me.

Maybe Zamasu, 2.0 Vegetto, Caulifla (I'd hope)? SS4 Goku + SS4 Vegeta.

Some suprises I'd love to see are: Gogeta, Merged Zamasu, Bardock, Future Gohan, 2.0 Ultimate Gohan and/or Ultra Instinct Goku.

I think there’s a strong likelihood of a Vegetto 2.0 (with HOPEFULLY, Black, Yellow and Blue hair) or we’ll see Dragon Ball Super SSB Goku and Vegeta. Those would be the figure pairings to go with Goku Black.

Possible DBS Trunks as well.

Back