S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What exactly is different between these two body molds? I've only noticed the upper torso, neck, and arms. The legs and lower torso appear to be the same or am I mistaken?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I can't place a finger on it, but the lower parts seem different. The mold is the same but I think the hips may be extended? It give the illusion of being slimmer and definitely is taller because of it.

The shoe ties are a retool mold and he gets more range because of it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Here's my review of ssjGod Goku! Enjoy folks.

Good work as usual, Deano.

We got a smirk face with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku but it had absolutely no lining paint application so it was hardly noticeable even in bright lighting. Glad to see that this one came out noticeable.

Great comparison on the top torso pieces between him and Super Saiyan 3 Goku. I didn't know how different it really was until you tilted both the figures back.

I believe you on the boots now [emoji38]

Wow, so the shading that appeared on the camera was actually from the product itself. That's quite a lot compared to previous releases.

I know you talked about it briefly but how do you feel about the paint application for the hair? It looks really good but wanted your opinion on it. Do you like the gloss to it?

Glad you like it though. I know you were very skeptical of this release. I'm really looking forward to it now.

Tonight's episode of Super was ok but started slow, lots of distractions. When it finally got to the meat of it, the action finally started to get fun! Next week should be awesome, I wanna see "Kefla" in action!

Tonight's episode of Super was ok but started slow, lots of distractions. When it finally got to the meat of it, the action finally started to get fun! Next week should be awesome, I wanna see "Kefla" in action!

I liked the distractions, especially the ones with freeza and vegeta. If we don't get Kale, Califa or Kelfa from Bandai i'm going to be upset.

Good work as usual, Deano.

We got a smirk face with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku but it had absolutely no lining paint application so it was hardly noticeable even in bright lighting. Glad to see that this one came out noticeable.

Great comparison on the top torso pieces between him and Super Saiyan 3 Goku. I didn't know how different it really was until you tilted both the figures back.

I believe you on the boots now [emoji38]

Wow, so the shading that appeared on the camera was actually from the product itself. That's quite a lot compared to previous releases.

I know you talked about it briefly but how do you feel about the paint application for the hair? It looks really good but wanted your opinion on it. Do you like the gloss to it?

Glad you like it though. I know you were very skeptical of this release. I'm really looking forward to it now.

Thanks Ang! Yeah, very happy overall, glad my scepticism didn't take over because I nearly didn't buy him; I like the hair, it's more pearlescent in person than gloss but still works out great. I don't mind the hair being done like that honestly, gives it some life imo, plus I always loved it on the old ultimate figure series from Bandai.

Ran out of space so had to set them up again above my detolfs.
a96834be7fdfd025cbaaeec3bb290b4d.jpg
9d87aa8370ca5f885b7dba5a8621ab0f.jpg
2c454a4e0ce8420c7e81b09debee2106.jpg
ef43ca3e944012d99cfae41b56b1fa52.jpg
4aa859a45f4640979f564ea6ff9f513d.jpg
59762bb67c790096505923eff2490b2d.jpg
b2d2d76edc2d5630e482c2f11a1b1e05.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Very nice set up, azim.khan!

I liked the distractions, especially the ones with freeza and vegeta. If we don't get Kale, Califa or Kelfa from Bandai i'm going to be upset.

Yeah, there's quite a few characters from the current story arc that I'd really like to see make their way into product form. Caulifla and Kale are very high up on that list.

Thanks Ang! Yeah, very happy overall, glad my scepticism didn't take over because I nearly didn't buy him; I like the hair, it's more pearlescent in person than gloss but still works out great. I don't mind the hair being done like that honestly, gives it some life imo, plus I always loved it on the old ultimate figure series from Bandai.

Very cool! Really looking forward to seeing the final product in person. I've been seeing prototypes since April but it hasn't been until lately where I'm excited about the final product.

is it me or is the animation in episode 114 noticeably sharper and crispier than previous episodes
I like it and i hope it stays consistent

Yeah, it was closer to dbz or even the dbz movie style. Everyone's going crazy about it on Twitter and Facebook.

Hell yeah. The spike in animation quality took me back to Gohan's fight with Broly or Goku and Vegeta's finale against Buu. I made sure to make of note of yesterday's episode for posterity.

I was really pleased with the animation in last night's episode as well. I think it was very early on in the episode but when Kale was transforming I took notice.

That's epic! That's how DBS SHOULD be.

Maybe Toei has started putting more finance into the animation quality? There have been TONS of reviews of it since it debuted.

I loved the new episode and I agree the animation art was above average... But one thing that bugged me was that Kafla completely out-classed SSG Goku without any kind of Super Saiyan transformation. I know power levels are BS, but that still makes zero sense. I'm pretty sure neither of them were all that powerful in base form to make them that powerful in base with potara fusion, especially since Caulifla just got the crap kicked out of her.

Try to chalk it up to the fact that despite being in SSG, Goku is still recovering from his fight with Jiren so he's still not at 100%

Although it still woulda been more believable if he had just transformed into SS3

I have considered that... I've also considered that she just caught Goku off guard and he may not really be trying all that hard just yet. Or even that he really didn't want to knock them out, but he was just trying to get them to try harder... I just have a hard time believing any base fusion of 2 fairly trained saiyans would even be able to come close to 1 masterfully trained saiyan using god ki, even if he's worn out... He must not be that worn out since he goes blue next episode.

SS3 would have been more believable indeed... It would have been more believable also if Kafla had been at least SS or SS2 to start with and not base. Her being in base state is what really has me up in arms... Usually i'm pretty lax about power-levels since it's usually just a plot device now but that's kinda ridiculous to me and really lessens/cheapens the gap between normal and god ki... It went from "Overwhelming Pressure!!" to Screw you, fusion is better.

P.S. Or maybe I'm just bitter because SS God is my favorite transformation :dunno:lol

ssg.jpg

Last edited:
What I think, is that SSJ3 could spend too much ki.

As soon as Goku was able to "unlock" SSG, he got It just because of SSGod has the recovery hability.

Is as much capable to fight as possible and helps to heal....

Just trying to make It sense...

I have considered that... I've also considered that she just caught Goku off guard and he may not really be trying all that hard just yet. Or even that he really didn't want to knock them out, but he was just trying to get them to try harder... I just have a hard time believing any base fusion of 2 fairly trained saiyans would even be able to come close to 1 masterfully trained saiyan using god ki, even if he's worn out... He must not be that worn out since he goes blue next episode.

SS3 would have been more believable indeed... It would have been more believable also if Kafla had been at least SS or SS2 to start with and not base. Her being in base state is what really has me up in arms... Usually i'm pretty lax about power-levels since it's usually just a plot device now but that's kinda ridiculous to me and really lessens/cheapens the gap between normal and god ki... It went from "Overwhelming Pressure!!" to Screw you, fusion is better.

P.S. Or maybe I'm just bitter because SS God is my favorite transformation :dunno:lol

Thought about this as well but SSG is best measures still by his fight with Beerus imo. Not as strong but he keeps his own. Then consider SSG is reached, initially anyway, by the force of five sayins. (note not necessarily super saiyans.)

Carifura (I do not understand why we'd write Caulifla and Kale, Bills was bs too, but correct me if someone knows why) is iirc literally the best fighter the U6 saiyains have and they are militarized. So particularly in her case, experience is not lacking. On top of that she achieves ssj1 and 2 literally within half an hour.
On top of that Kare is the mother****ing equivalent of Broly, she's the former's sister, and she controls that power also within a short time. Basically, these are absolute prodigy sisters. Then they fuse in ssj2/legendary ssj form. Lastly, the potara fusion increases their power tenfold.

Honestly, I have ZERO issues with Kefura holding her own against SSG Goku. Their background is a good enough sum of power for me.

Back