S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bandai America's Dragon Ball Super Star Series Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black looks absolutely amazing. The problem I have with that? I shouldn't be amazed by a $20 product when I'm paying for a $60 product. S.H.Figuarts Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black looks great but the Star Series Super Saiyan Goku Black looks as if it came out of the Manga.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Problem with that analogy though Ang is that it should look like the anime :p Figuarts has the anime proportions spot on imo.

The manga Trunks saga characters and story are waaaay different to the anime. The figures do look good there, but the quality will likely dip on release. I think everyone (including myself) is so amazed that a figure at that price can look as good as they are, but they arent all that special honestly. I compare these to the star wars black series; same price range, same quality, but still not in a position to compete with figuarts.

If anyones interested, heres a video of the newest manga chapter:

Spoiler Spoiler:

That would look awesome! If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to see pictures of that custom.

Speaking of customs, here's a custom of Ultra Instinct Goku by ‎Cristobal Nuñez on Facebook that I thought looks pretty good.

22540212_10155989280093258_7428840735929892331_n.jpg

Future Trunks as well by Xavier Cal‎ on Facebook.

22540241_1622539054434353_2234410585761096932_n.jpg

Daaamn that's awesome

Problem with that analogy though Ang is that it should look like the anime [emoji14] Figuarts has the anime proportions spot on imo.

The manga Trunks saga characters and story are waaaay different to the anime. The figures do look good there, but the quality will likely dip on release. I think everyone (including myself) is so amazed that a figure at that price can look as good as they are, but they arent all that special honestly. I compare these to the star wars black series; same price range, same quality, but still not in a position to compete with figuarts.

It's a problem when one series, whose price point is much lower, achieves a likeness to a source material more than the other. Even though it's the "wrong" source material, Star Series Super Saiyan Rose design is closer to its chosen source material moreso than S.H.Figuarts Super Saiyan Rose design is to its chosen source material.

The Super Saiyan Rose is an updated sculpt of Super Warrior Awakening Goku's hair. While it provides consistency within the design of the line, it doesn't necessarily represent the source material. (Both the Goku Black and Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black resemble the Xenoverse 2 design more than the anime to me.) Also, Tamashii didn't include a smirk or grin face for the Super Saiyan Rose hair and that erases quite a big personality of the character.

I wasn't comparing the quality between the Star Series and S.H.Figuarts. Edited: Only the likeness of the designs.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

How do these Dragon Ball Super Star series figures compare scale-wise to SH Figuarts? I've seen the picture of Frieza a few pages ago and he is slightly bigger than SHF, but maybe other characters scale differently. Can anyone say if those figures would potentially work in a SHF scale (or near enough) collection for characters that aren't in the near future for SHF, like Hit or Zamasu?

Personally I would wait for Hit and Zamasu. It’s only a matter of time before we get them and it’s best to save the $20 for the much superior Figuarts versions. I wouldn’t be surprised to see those two sometime this year or early next. That’s just me though [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I would wait for Hit and Zamasu. It’s only a matter of time before we get them and it’s best to save the $20 for the much superior Figuarts versions. I wouldn’t be surprised to see those two sometime this year or early next. That’s just me though [emoji849]

I'd prefer SHF versions too, but I'm just checking my options :) I have a rather large collection of figures and I try to keep them in a similar scale and it's a whole lot of SHF plus some old Irwin/Jakks figures, Banpresto Scultures, and other Banpresto and various companies figures for some rarer characters or minor ones. It's fun hunting the scales too. Just wish they'd do more movie villains, I want a Cooler and Janembda at least.

How do these Dragon Ball Super Star series figures compare scale-wise to SH Figuarts? I've seen the picture of Frieza a few pages ago and he is slightly bigger than SHF, but maybe other characters scale differently. Can anyone say if those figures would potentially work in a SHF scale (or near enough) collection for characters that aren't in the near future for SHF, like Hit or Zamasu?

I'd prefer SHF versions too, but I'm just checking my options :) I have a rather large collection of figures and I try to keep them in a similar scale and it's a whole lot of SHF plus some old Irwin/Jakks figures, Banpresto Scultures, and other Banpresto and various companies figures for some rarer characters or minor ones. It's fun hunting the scales too. Just wish they'd do more movie villains, I want a Cooler and Janembda at least.

Here's a screenshot from Kennyboy's Toys review and comparison...
Screenshot (273).jpg

https://youtu.be/iKstpILmXrM

When they do another movie character I can guarantee it’ll be Cooler. Besides Broly, he’s perhaps the most iconic movie character. Janemba is a good third option for a movie character since he’s pretty damn popular too and his design is sick. He would be great since it would give them a reason to give us Gogeta too. Once Bardock and Raditz are out, I wouldn’t be surprised if they give us Turles too

When they do another movie character I can guarantee it’ll be Cooler. Besides Broly, he’s perhaps the most iconic movie character. Janemba is a good third option for a movie character since he’s pretty damn popular too and his design is sick. He would be great since it would give them a reason to give us Gogeta too. Once Bardock and Raditz are out, I wouldn’t be surprised if they give us Turles too

I'd have to say Gogeta is more iconic and popular than Cooler.

Edited:
Thanks a lot, that's very handy. Scale looks really close!

They do! I'm glad to see that Bandai is producing $20 articulated figures for Dragon Ball fans/collectors because it's an open market. I'm also glad to see the jump in sculpt quality from the 1st series to the 2nd series. I hope it does well because I can't wait to see what else they have in store for the fans.

I wouldn’t mind a Gogeta figure but I prefer a Cooler figure first. Im tired of looking at Broly Cell and the two friezas in my figuarts collection (Nappa is coming) need more villains lol

I wouldn’t mind a Gogeta figure but I prefer a Cooler figure first. Im tired of looking at Broly Cell and the two friezas in my figuarts collection (Nappa is coming) need more villains lol

Yeah, villains are direly outnumbered in SHF sadly. The one I want most right now is Cell First Form, because thanks to other brands I already have Cell's Egg (strangely came with Irwin Babidi), Cell's Chrysalis (came with Figure-rise Mechanics Time Machine), Cell Second Form (Banpresto Scultures) and both SHF Cell Perfect Form.. So a first form in all its tall, lanky, spotted glory would be amazing. Even a Figuarts Zero would make me happy.

I know Figuarts Zeroes are very action focused but I'd love to see a Figuarts Zero Imperfect Cell in this pose...
dc25a2362c718ed3fc31ecc20fccd605.jpg

Edited: Which form of Cooler is the most popular? I know MetaCooler was in quite a bit of Xenoverse 2 but that's not the most popular form, is it?

When it comes to heroes most definitely. As far as villains go, Cooler is right under Broly. As far as which form, the easiest for them to do would be his Fourth Form. They could easily repaint the Fourth Form into Meta for perhaps an SDCC variant although a regular release is preferable obviously. I think they could easily make a kickass Final Form though even if it is a larger figure

Hello friends. How do you swap heads with the 2.0 SSJ3 Goku again? I'm pretty sure I saw it here but I can't seem to find it. You can't just pull the entire neck area right? I want to put Awakening Goku's head on SSJ3 2.0 Goku's body for fun, thanks :)

Hello friends. How do you swap heads with the 2.0 SSJ3 Goku again? I'm pretty sure I saw it here but I can't seem to find it. You can't just pull the entire neck area right? I want to put Awakening Goku's head on SSJ3 2.0 Goku's body for fun, thanks :)

I use a super vegeta neck-head joint to put the Awakening goku neck but it has a lot of space between the neck and the chest so I suggest you wait for the goku god to change the whole chest joint and it will be perfect without having to make any serious modifications, and you will have the advantage that the yellow body of goku god will be perfect with the head of ssj 3IMG_3486.JPGIMG_3488.JPG
cfef9cc251ece1a199c9b6d0ad65c2c5.jpg

Back