S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as Tamashii can give us this face, I'll be happy. :lol

maxresdefault.jpg

They haven’t been as lazy as usual. We haven’t seen any PC releases (I still think Frieza is a new sculpt) and they’ve been putting more attention to detail in their recent sculpts. I think there’s a very good chance we’ll get a 2.0 SSB Vegeta and Goku in their new outfits. Those two releases were criticized for both their inaccuracy in the coloring of the gi, the contrasting shading and paint apps in the hair and the reuse of the old hair sculpt for Vegeta. As for the current attire, it’s a given since they already have the molds for both Goku and Vegeta. All Goku would need is the kanji and done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been pleased with Tamashii's Dragon Ball S.H.Figuarts sculpting in their recent releases. Not very pleased with the shading process and the accessories though. Goku Black is my most anticipated release but they could have done so much more with Super Saiyan Rose faces. I may find out if they can release more with Zamasu or maybe Super Saiyan Blue Goku.

What are the arguments that this Frieza is new? I was caught off guard at first thinking it was a 2.0 but, the closer I looked, I realized it was a Premium Color. The body is the same but I've seen arguments that the shoulder fly joints are different and the face sculpting is different as well.

If they release this Final Form Frieza as a Premium Color release, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Super Saiyan Vegeta situation.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

For me I see a slightly longer body, a different face especially in the eyes, and the shoulder joints. Also I believe the placard never mentions it being a PC release and only has it as S.H. Figuarts Frieza. At first I thought it was a PC but now I’m leaning towards it being a 2.0. Either way the fixed shoulder paint is enough for me to get this new one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the name card threw me off. It was also near a Dragon Ball Super card as well so I thought it would have been a 2.0 but it has the same feet, legs, tail, torso (edited: shoulder/chest fly joint looked new though), and arms as the older release. Either way, I'm looking forward to it but I was hoping for a true 2.0 that was slightly taller and came with a halo.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I hope they can provide a series of comparison pictures of the old and "new" Frieza.

What a waste. Just re release the old one, and spend the time and money sculpting new characters, or even other versions of Frieza like his normal form, which is just as if not more iconic than his final form, or the mechanical Frieza, but no, they're going to make the same figure again? :monkey4

I hope they can provide a series of comparison pictures of the old and "new" Frieza.

Besides the paint apliccation, you can see the main differences here (new head -eyes and veins are easy to see- and torso in its union with shoulders)

And let's hope that his hips can have an update too.

Besides the paint apliccation, you can see the main differences here (new head -eyes and veins are easy to see- and torso in its union with shoulders)

And let's hope that his hips can have an update too.

I still don't buy it, those are tweaks to the existing mold at best. Not a new figure in my eyes, it's a PCE with benefits [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

IXN media made a Behind da Box video for Super Saiyan God Goku. It tells you quite a bit about the sculpt, if anybody is interested.

The shading doesn’t look anywhere near as bad in that video. Body size aside, I’m pretty excited for this release - I plan on swapping the heads between this and SSJBlue Goku so I can have a God Goku from the the manga version of the Champa tournament and a Super accurate SSJBlue.

SSG goku is looking pretty good now actually. I'm glad they gave him skinnier arms, the video was pretty informative, i like that they also touch on head swapping etc. It seems like maybe the upper torso is smaller too? not sure though, need a side by side comparison with ssj3 goku. Overall, the final product seems to look better than the initial 2.0 proto for this figure. If it really is just skinnier arms and not also a slightly smaller chest then it really made a difference for the figure. In the arm's comparison it looks like it might be a retool of vegeta 2.0's arms.

Excited to get this figure, im glad i have it down for PO, debating on whether or not to get 2 of these guys, but i know we're going to see much more of this body mold haha.

As nice as the "1.5" Final Form Frieza looked, I was hoping for a more accurate Dragon Ball Super Final Form Frieza. While the head isn't accurate to the series either, I think Bandai America's Final Form Frieza looks better.

22528036_10159434346310006_6149814005152224331_n.jpg

I almost get upset at Tamashii when looking at the Bandai America Dragon Ball Super line. They're not the best of quality but for a $25/30 line? The sculpting is actually pretty solid. It's a great cheaper alternative to S.H.Figuarts but it's upsetting to see that some parts actually look better in design.

Back