S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don´t know if someone would like it, but i really wish that Tamashii release a Trunks 2.0 (maybe 0,5 cm a little more taller).

I have a feeling they'll release an updated future trunks. They have all the parts for it so I don't see why they wouldn't

wow SSG goku doesnt look too bad, we already know the main problem, but other than that it's look good. I especially like the paint on the hair! the faces are great too, looks like we get normal face, slight smirk, teeth gritted, and yelling. Not sure if it was due to the lighting or not but it looks like there was some shading throughout the gi too, and if that's true im liking where this is going. Also in the video they showed that body with the SSB head on it, i think maybe this is the figure that will have easy head swap potential, and future bodies that are non SSJ3. Tempted to order a second one for the head swap potential haha.

That God Goku looks really nice, thank goodness you can put the SSB head on him! I also like that the clothes do have a bit of shading again. The back part looks great because of the nice mix of yellow and orange. I didn't notice any shading on the skin though.

If ssj3 and the other figures recently are anything to go by, I now believe its true that Toei have forced tamashii to go all 2.0 molds unless for PCE. Someone on this board, I think it was prodidgy, speculated as much, but I know believe it; we havent seen any old mold new figures except repaints since awakening Goku.
I'm sure Tamashii will include the updated hip articulation, since it's a reuse of Tien's, but the torso mold needed redoing and that's what I'm mostly worried about. Not that it was bad but, compared to recent torso sculpting, it's outdated.

Sage Mode Naruto is almost the exact same figure as the prototype that was shown years ago and it gives me the impression of Tamashii wanting to schedule a release of an old prototype without updating the parts that were needed.

Super Saiyan 4 Goku is a highly demanded release and deserves Tamashii's highest standards of quality. It's more of a personal expectation than anything based on what I feel the consumer should receive in the product.

Thanks for posting this!

If ssj3 and the other figures recently are anything to go by, I now believe its true that Toei have forced tamashii to go all 2.0 molds unless for PCE. Someone on this board, I think it was prodidgy, speculated as much, but I know believe it; we havent seen any old mold new figures except repaints since awakening Goku.

It's less Toei forcing them and more Tamashii knowing that people won't buy figures that use the outdated molds.

Would anybody happen to know how similar Figuarts Xenoverse Future Trunks' hair design is to Super Saiyan Rage's hair design?

It seems the only differences were if the 2 strands of bangs were removed but the shaved side of the hair doesn't seem to be used much in the Super Saiyan Rage hair design.

Edited: So it seems the Super Saiyan hair from the Xenoverse release could be reused for the Super Saiyan 2 hair sculpt but with a new front/bang piece. Super Saiyan Rage hair design would need an entirely new sculpt. I don't think it's past the possibility of 2 Future Trunks releases. Normal/Super Saiyan 2 as 1 release to go along with Goku Black and Super Saiyan Rage to go along Fused Zamasu (Monster Ver.) as another would be the best outcome.

I'm ecstatic and surprised about them fixing SSG Goku. I feel like all the negative feedback from the community about it being inaccurate may have played a role in them changing it for the better. They definitely made the arms slimmer, gave the gi proper shading and possibly made the legs thinner as well. Here's the pic from their instagram from May and a still from the review where you can really see the difference.
Screenshot_20171013-232737.jpg
20171013_233740.jpg
The only thing that wasn't fixed and isn't really a big deal are the ropes tied around his boots, which, for some reason change into a more ribbon-like tie than the usual rope looking ones.

Edit: I tried twice but the second pic will not stay large for unknown, stupid reasons so here's a link to the post on insta https://www.instagram.com/p/BULUT8ng9AQ/

Super Saiyan God Goku looks great in a Kamehameha or battle pose.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The pants are the only thing that look off to me. Could be slightly less baggy but otherwise he got some good updates. Still thing the OG prototype was the goat but this one will do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The original Super Saiyan God Goku prototype was one of Tamashii's best in regards to the older articulation. That truly felt like it came right out of the anime.

I finally bit the bullet and listed all my old 1.0 Vegeta figures on eBay. Got a chance to take everything out of the closet.
Spoiler Spoiler:

These are my current 2.0's. Really hoping we don't have to wait too long for replacement versions of Trunks, Piccolo and normal Goku. Really love the feel of the new Goku's legs for some reason.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Still debating what to do about Cell. I want to sell the original because it just looks very dull to me, but I've been using it's yellow feet, white hands, and face/neck on the PC because they are much brighter. But that means I'd have to sell a not really complete figure.
Spoiler Spoiler:

How did you mod goku's head on the ssj3 body? Is it just loose on there?

I did it

it’s not loose I use a super vegeta head-neck joint but I will have another ssj3 goku and I am going to try to change the torso articulation of warrior awakening
67f9d53b3af08b60094d99de30eed842.jpg
42d362d78c6b13eeb5737544c2023fae.jpg
3c628ddc28c30fc6369b6da848505391.png
55c1141241e51389245a5f57ffc91de4.png
27241641df60e2065fbc389b0cb9e27f.png
7725d7db98d822a7ae66d6652af6517f.png

I'm ecstatic and surprised about them fixing SSG Goku. I feel like all the negative feedback from the community about it being inaccurate may have played a role in them changing it for the better. They definitely made the arms slimmer, gave the gi proper shading and possibly made the legs thinner as well. Here's the pic from their instagram from May and a still from the review where you can really see the difference.
View attachment 371557

Mmm... I have my doubts about it.

I think is pretty much the same figure we saw on the events. The body from the SS3 with slimmer arms, neck and trapezius muscles. Still far away from what a SSG form is. And even with some downgrade on the faces (that line painted as mouth...).

Out of da Box reviews should really only be used as informative videos such as articulation, accessories, and etc. rather than final expectations. They use prototypes for the videos so the finished product is usually much better in person and in hand. Not to mention their lighting is completely whack.

Yes, that's true Angelo. But unlike the previous ones, these last two reviews (SS3 & SSG) have shown the boxes and they have not specified that they are prototypes (DAM is always very careful at this point).

Almost certainly we are watching the final version.

Awesome dragon! It definitely exceeded my expectations! I'm happy he's not just some plastic statue with limited articulation. You can actually move him around just like Monsterarts Godzilla stuff!

Back