S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap! This looks awesome, I think I'm gonna have to buy at least 2 of these! Fuuuuuuu! This might take the top spot for best figure for me! The new hair sculpt for ssr is glorious! I hope they stick with that paint finish as well! Also the Kamehameha effect in black looks strangely awesome lol

If SSB 2.0 goku and SSJ 2.0 goku come with this new hair sculpt im so down with it!

also wanted to note the DX set of krillin and goku, the colors will also be different, the box says that it will visualize them in colors of when they are powering up. Something like that lol, so im guessing theyll be lighter in color or something like the DX set with vegeta and trunks, but it also comes with a DX stand so it's worth getting imo

YESSSSSSSS super Saiyan rose head! Thank Kami! For real, he looks so awesome. I really haven't been picking up new figures on release date but I think this is one I'll have to buy as soon as it comes out

Okay, few things when I see the official photos.

- The new hair sculpt is spectacular. It's a great updated version of the Manga/Anime/Super Warrior Awakening Goku head sculpt. Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan Blue will look great with this head mold.
- I am extremely afraid that Tamashii will not resculpt Vegeta's hair for future releases since this hair sculpt is a similar update. Fuller with a few striations.
- Tamashii really likes to use the brightest color of the source material as the main color and that seems to be the case with the hair coloring. I don't have a problem with that though because the natural shading looks really good. The light parts are light, the dark parts are dark.
- Both energy effects are spot on. Goku Black has the darker aura and Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black has the pinkish aura. Re-use of the Kamehameha sculpt is a good choice and a brand new sculpt for the energy sword is awesome. I was afraid they were going to re-use the Spirit Sword effect.
- The faces shown concern me. Those may be the only 2 for Goku Black and Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black is one of the fewest releases I believe doesn't need a neutral face. The majority of the time, he has a smirk on his face.
Edited: - The comments on Social Media are extremely positive. If the sales represent a similar result, expect more Dragon Ball Super releases.
- Does anybody else see the majority of this body being used for a Super Saiyan Blue Goku for Resurrection F/Universe 6 Tournament?
- Somebody on Facebook pointed out that Goku Black's pants, around the knees, seem to be spread out more.
- I think he's going to be a rather expensive release but I won't mind as long as they jam pack him with faces.

I absolutely can not wait until NYCC to see this in person.

Edited:
YESSSSSSSS super Saiyan rose head! Thank Kami! For real, he looks so awesome. I really haven't been picking up new figures on release date but I think this is one I'll have to buy as soon as it comes out

I agree. Whether this is a Regular Release or a Web Exclusive, I'm ordering from Japan for my 1st.

Okay, few things when I see the official photos.

- The new hair sculpt is spectacular. It's a great updated version of the Manga/Anime/Super Warrior Awakening Goku head sculpt. Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan Blue will look great with this head mold.
- I am extremely afraid that Tamashii will not resculpt Vegeta's hair for future releases since this hair sculpt is a similar update. Fuller with a few striations.
- Tamashii really likes to use the brightest color of the source material as the main color and that seems to be the case with the hair coloring. I don't have a problem with that though because the natural shading looks really good. The light parts are light, the dark parts are dark.
- Both energy effects are spot on. Goku Black has the darker aura and Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black has the pinkish aura. Re-use of the Kamehameha sculpt is a good choice and a brand new sculpt for the energy sword is awesome. I was afraid they were going to re-use the Spirit Sword effect.
- The faces shown concern me. Those may be the only 2 for Goku Black and Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black is one of the fewest releases I believe doesn't need a neutral face. The majority of the time, he has a smirk on his face.
Edited: - The comments on Social Media are extremely positive. If the sales represent a similar result, expect more Dragon Ball Super releases.

I absolutely can not wait until NYCC to see this in person.

Edited:

I agree. Whether this is a Regular Release or a Web Exclusive, I'm ordering from Japan for my 1st.

yeah i also counted the faces, i think at most we can expect only 1 or two more faces, and i hope SSR gets a smirk face. Either way though im also ordering from japan, i might just do 2 from them and airship this badboy over here when the time comes. I also share the concern that there will be no new hair sculpt for vegeta, but they always shaft vegeta in that aspect lol the most we can expect is what they did for ROF ssb vegeta where it's the 4 front spikes that are different.

yeah i also counted the faces, i think at most we can expect only 1 or two more faces, and i hope SSR gets a smirk face. Either way though im also ordering from japan, i might just do 2 from them and airship this badboy over here when the time comes. I also share the concern that there will be no new hair sculpt for vegeta, but they always shaft vegeta in that aspect lol the most we can expect is what they did for ROF ssb vegeta where it's the 4 front spikes that are different.

I'd like to know how Tamashii sculpted/casted the faces for Goku Black because I'm curious if the Normal and Super Saiyan (Rose) hair molds have similar pegs for the faces. It would allow Tamashii to re-use both Normal and Super Saiyan (Rose) faces for one another and would be easier for them to produce face accessories without much resculpting. Especially since Goku Black has the earring on all his faces. I never thought of them resculpting the Super (Saiyan) Vegeta head sculpt. That actually may not look all too bad if they brought in the points. ...Where's our good friend Orbital Frame when you need him. :lol

Loving that new rose hair sculpt, aka super saiyan goku 2.0 sculpt
i just compared the photo with my awakening goku,
i think the rose hair is a new mold and it looks cool

i hope tamashii release a super saiyan goku 2.0 with SSJ2 hair,
this is a very easy issue since the mold are available

i just compared the photo with my awakening goku,
i think the rose hair is a new mold and it looks cool

i hope tamashii release a super saiyan goku 2.0 with SSJ2 hair,
this is a very easy issue since the mold are available

It appears to be an updated sculpt of the Super Warrior Awakening hair which I actually like quite a lot. While it may not be 100% accurate, I consider it to be Tamashii's attempt at consistency for their hair sculpts and I don't mind that at all.

I wasn't expecting Black Rose to be a separate release, but I was hoping for it just for the sake of having separate effects for each of them and more faces... I can see now the days of including many alternate faces is practically over.

I think I'll be getting 2 Goku Blacks, because that looks incredible.

Now they gotta make blue-hair/rage trunks and multiple versions of Zamasu. Maybe the vanilla zamasu figure would come with some additional parts for goku black. I'm not holding my breath though.

I too was hoping for separate releases for the same reason. I kinda wanted to have two separate Goku Black bodies to signify the glow the SSR aura has but oh well. Looks like a killer release and the sword effect is very well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Edit cause previously misread posts.]

NIIIIIIIIIIIIICE. Buying that thing, displaying rose and cutting that earring of to have another normal goku head and exppressions.

Same situation when they included the SS headsculpt with Vegitto. There was no way they weren't going to do that with Black Rose, it just makes sense.

Tamashii had me question 2 releases due to their survey at the World Tour Event in NYC. I updated the photo and crossed off what's already been scheduled for release but not the prototypes they continue to show...

21912628_10214687582969429_657028389_n.jpg

Edited: Similar to my theory from the 2012/2013 survey at SDCC, we may very well be looking at the foreseeable future of this line.

Yes. I will need Raditz and Bardock to complete the family line.

Also need first form and 2nd and 3rd form freeza and also 1st and 2nd form Cell and android 19 and 20.

Anybody having trouble moving ss3 goku's arms?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Must be a lucky defect you got. I just bought another super vegeta 2.0 along with two vegeta 2.0 and it's left arm is having issues vs the first super vegeta 2.0 I bought back when release date.

I too was hoping for separate releases for the same reason. I kinda wanted to have two separate Goku Black bodies to signify the glow the SSR aura has but oh well. Looks like a killer release and the sword effect is very well done

Tamashii saw this and decided this will be a future SDCC Exclusive.

Super Saiyan God Vegget ftw

Would love to see Super Saiyan God Vegget released. There's not enough love shown for Vegget.

I'll post a better comparison when the official high resolution photos are released but here's a comparison photo between the Super Warrior Awakening Goku hair mold and the Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black hair mold.

21849270_10214687631410640_774163537_n.png

Back