S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His review is up?! Give me a few minutes to post it

Edited: I'll have to post it properly when I get home but if anybody is interested. Just need to copy and paste.

- The color of orange and blue is almost the same as the awakening version.

- Three long hair in the back is a ball joint and slightly movable as in the old version.*However, there was no gap as much as the old version

- The modeling of hair seems to have been diverted, but others have been renewed, the texture etc has become much better.

- With awakened version.*As the neck has a special structure just like the old version, it was impossible to replace the head.

(This certainly taught me to wait for the final product before making any assumptions.)

https://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/52012137.html

468c7cbdf1dd1de9a54e66df168db975.jpg

510e4414dba391693b6eacb7b44a49f7.jpg

ccf4dc30e16f3c600b6e86fb7dbac224.jpg

0c5220ec7a2c1c075850fa8cd6efd1ce.jpg

e9e24bcf9b08dff6a69d7699cde8f1c2.jpg

cf7c0b95be549da64064ca2d854c29f4.jpg

[emoji9]

im pretty pleased with how the final product came out as well, it's looking great, height difference seems to still be there, but probably not too noticeable especially when posed. I was suspecting it's neck peg may be different to hold the hair up, i guess it may take the switching out of joints etc to do a body switch, or just wait for the SSG goku.

Makes me wish i imported mine, but gotta wait for next month haha glad it turned out pretty well!

I'm sure with a little fiddling around the height difference can be corrected. That dragon fist pic looks awesome. It's a shame that move was never canonized. That was the sickest move Goku's ever done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While it would have looked more accurate, it might have weighed the figure down excessively. The Figuarts Zero hair sculpt actually looks pretty good but that would seem almost impossible to keep up straight.

...You're killing me.
No hate, just usual jitters before receiving our own.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Oh I have no don't doubt he would of weighed a ton by comparison, but in my experience it can't stand without assistance anyway.

SHF SS3 hack: replace the head with Gohan's and you automatically have Ultimate Gohan 2.0. Why wait for Tamashii to do it when you can do it yourself

SHF SS3 hack: replace the head with Gohan's and you automatically have Ultimate Gohan 2.0. Why wait for Tamashii to do it when you can do it yourself
Could hope for better sculpting.

Exactly what I planned on doing. I also might make a base Goku and SSJ Goku although I could just wait for the eventual Tamashii 2.0's of those two. Ultimate Gohan I don't think will get a 2.0

Glad to see that finally skin tone is not as pale as in the prototype.

Not so pleased with the faces, so I've recreated a looking forward face. And for the other two, with minimum changes in mouth, chin and cheeks, I think it makes a difference...

That gritted teeth face is hilarious. how did that make it through the final phase (Tamashii's, not your photoshop Cooler)

Exactly what I planned on doing. I also might make a base Goku and SSJ Goku although I could just wait for the eventual Tamashii 2.0's of those two. Ultimate Gohan I don't think will get a 2.0

Pegs wont be the same. The 2.0's use those bigger pegs for the head.

Friday starts Tamashii Nation's World Tour Event in Paris.

Tournament of Power Gohan is a possibility. Sometimes he has the SS2 bang, sometimes he doesn't.

Great job Cooler! You can't get better than that!

The neutral face looking ahead is what should've come with the figure!

@bardoon the point youre making was kind of what me and angelo were discusing a few pages back! i totally feel you on that. I actually dont mind glossy/shiny hair, but glossy body does look cheap =/ and pee stain shading continues to be a thing and idk why, as well as lack of forward netural face is also strange i also dunno what's up with that. i think it's 1 step forward 2 steps back lol

Also goku's skin color is debatable, some artwork has him pretty tanned, some slightly tanned, and some actually pale (think pale asian), i think it just depends on the era you are looking at. I feel like he may not be AS pale in hand though as it seems there is subtle shading. But we gotta wait for more reviews.

The non-poseable hair, honestly i hoped that they would improve it, but im kind of okay with it if the weight issues arent as bad as the OG as that one was floppy anyways. As far as hair being flushed, that's why i wanted it to be the more lion's mane style of ssj3 hair, but they keep going for the 1st appearance style where it jetted out the back and had him looking to the side. Although iconic, not optimal for a figure.

I'm still anticipating this to be a pretty decent figure though, and if the SSJ3 really doenst work out, maybe we can replace the head with a different goku.

I saw your comments and co-sign to them!

My friend, Angelo here regularly also has very similar thoughts as myself! I swear we're not the same person! :lol

I do agree he looks better in these series of photos.

The neutral face looking ahead is what should've come with the figure!

I'm curious to find out exactly why they didn't include a neutral, forward looking face when they've had it displayed many times. Most recently at SDCC. I'm sure they wanted to keep it iconic, similar to Super Saiyan Trunks, but it's still a questionable decision. I still believe a Dragon Ball Super attire release is happening at some point down the line so it would be best for Tamashii to gather the data on what collectors found wrong with this release and improve upon it.

Back