S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh dear. that height discrepancy might be a deal breaker for me. seriously, what the hell

I need to see a clearer comparison photo

@bardoon the point youre making was kind of what me and angelo were discusing a few pages back! i totally feel you on that. I actually dont mind glossy/shiny hair, but glossy body does look cheap =/ and pee stain shading continues to be a thing and idk why, as well as lack of forward netural face is also strange i also dunno what's up with that. i think it's 1 step forward 2 steps back lol

Also goku's skin color is debatable, some artwork has him pretty tanned, some slightly tanned, and some actually pale (think pale asian), i think it just depends on the era you are looking at. I feel like he may not be AS pale in hand though as it seems there is subtle shading. But we gotta wait for more reviews.

The non-poseable hair, honestly i hoped that they would improve it, but im kind of okay with it if the weight issues arent as bad as the OG as that one was floppy anyways. As far as hair being flushed, that's why i wanted it to be the more lion's mane style of ssj3 hair, but they keep going for the 1st appearance style where it jetted out the back and had him looking to the side. Although iconic, not optimal for a figure.

I'm still anticipating this to be a pretty decent figure though, and if the SSJ3 really doenst work out, maybe we can replace the head with a different goku.

Lets pray that SS4 Goku doesn't get released with glossy fur & no shading
at this point we should consider that as a possibility

The main problem I have with the hair not (possibly) being articulated is that it won't create more natural poses which is what the 2.0 articulation seems to strive towards. I always thought that was very cool on the older release.

The height difference will most likely only be noticeable with older releases so that doesn't necessarily bother me that much. Just something to point out that Tamashii Nations may be wanting to "start from scratch" with this line. I can see it becoming an annoyance when people are standing all Goku releases in a row.

That video was great to watch, thanks for adding it. It does seem that the hair is solid because they say how it weighs the figure down. Hip and waist articulation are great improvements. Try not to lose the halo.

The product that was used in the Out of da Box review was a prototype so the final product itself doesn't appear to be as glossy.

Yeah, while the smirking face might not be accurate, if it looks like Goku, it's good enough for me.

I wonder...could we possibly see another Super Saiyan 3 Goku release but with Dragon Ball Super gi?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I’m still really excited to get a hold of the new body, a little worried about the shininess on the clothes, hopefully that’s just lighting.

Fortunately except for SS1 I don’t have any interest in any other transformations so I’m going to be swapping Goku’s head straight away, so the face and glossy mantellic hair aren't issues for me on this figure, but does suck for everybody else that doesn't like that style. I do hope the hair isn’t a reflection of how they’ll be doing the transformations in the future.

Lets pray that SS4 Goku doesn't get released with glossy fur & no shading
at this point we should consider that as a possibility

The fur and legs on the Super Saiyan 4 Goku prototype was actually quite glossy. Certainly glossier than most recent prototypes.

Unless the production scheduling is more spread out, paint application/shading will never be what it used to.

I’m still really excited to get a hold of the new body, a little worried about the shininess on the clothes, hopefully that’s just lighting.

Fortunately except for SS1 I don’t have any interest in any other transformations so I’m going to be swapping Goku’s head straight away, so the face and glossy mantellic hair aren't issues for me on this figure, but does suck for everybody else that doesn't like that style. I do hope the hair isn’t a reflection of how they’ll be doing the transformations in the future.

The Out of da Box product was a prototype that Tamashii Nations sent to Distribuidora Animéxico so I don't believe the gloss will be as much on the final product.

As for the gloss on the hair, well that remains to be seen. Super Saiyan God Goku also has a similar gloss but I don't believe the Super Saiyan Rose hair sculpt does.

As for the gloss on the hair, well that remains to be seen. Super Saiyan God Goku also has a similar gloss but I don't believe the Super Saiyan Rose hair sculpt does.
Yes, I generally can't see them doing that with Rose, the 2.0 SS Goku, Vegeta and Trunks were all cosistent in having matte hair.

Yeah, Majin Vegeta and Super Saiyan Gotenks don't show any sign of glossy hair on their prototypes so it may be secluded to Super Saiyan 3 and Super Saiyan God. I don't think it would necessarily work with other releases. I was thinking Super Saiyan Blue but they might leave that for the Figuarts Zero and Figuarts Zero EX lines.

CUSTOMS ARE HOLDING MY NAPPA HOSTAGE!!!!!!

giphy.gif

CUSTOMS ARE HOLDING MY NAPPA HOSTAGE!!!!!!

giphy.gif

they know it's for you crisis! they want to deny you your right! deny you your true saiyan heritage! we have to stop them! :horror lol but seriously though, man that sucks! Hope you can get sorted out soon :pray:

Im waiting for mine to come in stock at my local shop, and then im gonna pick up a pretty good haul from them! Should be nappa, figma archer, figma guyver 3, and mezco deadpool (red).

they know it's for you crisis! they want to deny you your right! deny you your true saiyan heritage! we have to stop them! :horror lol but seriously though, man that sucks! Hope you can get sorted out soon :pray:

Im waiting for mine to come in stock at my local shop, and then im gonna pick up a pretty good haul from them! Should be nappa, figma archer, figma guyver 3, and mezco deadpool (red).

Welp i got it but they ruined the brown shipperbox ¡(;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`)
a4005a98e68b6febadf3a4cb49ba7ea7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

^lmao

Idk the SSJ3 Goku looks good to me based on the last pics. Out of da Box always gets the crappy versions of these figures. The arms look noticeably larger and the shine works for this specific transformation and I'm sure the height difference in reality isn't as drastic as it seems. I'm really excited to have it in hand to really judge it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

🤣

Congratulations, blood!

I agree, Prodigy. The more photos that I'm seeing, the better it's looking.

Excuse me, but i got something sexy awaiting me in bed (눈▽눈)

19cbc68d5fd4984da04d0bd40c0aca54.jpg

Loool, Blood finally poppin that nappa cherry.

About ssj3: uuuuuuuuh..... Yeah.... Well for one the height might indeed be a dealbreaker for me too, because it also ruins my bodyswap idea.

They should of did a new mold for SS3 hair. It should be longer and fuller, like the ladies like.
While it would have looked more accurate, it might have weighed the figure down excessively. The Figuarts Zero hair sculpt actually looks pretty good but that would seem almost impossible to keep up straight.

...You're killing me.
I have no idea why all the hate on the new ss3 goku. I think he looks amazing!!
No hate, just usual jitters before receiving our own.

Back