S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@prodigy that struggle for star wars figures haha at least you have local access directly to it. On the plus side, it seems like at least multiple companies are doing star wars figures so we got options.

@wanderOTC yeah i saw griffith for around the 50s for a long time as well as casca lol For BoH Guts i saw him in the high 60s to 70s at the time i was looking, but kept lagging it thinking i could find a better deal...i was quite wrong XD im happy to be getting the black knight version though at least, i may get a better cloth cape for him when the time comes though.

oh man the star wars stuff is crazy! i remember staying up to nail the PO for ROTJ luke, and also barely POing Darth maul in time, even the recent reissue went out instantly. That's not even getting into if you want the movie realization samurai stuff either. Also, yeah figma is a pain in the butt if you dont PO in time as well (i POed black knight Guts from berserk as soon as i saw it up for a repainted reissue). Figma's shoot up in price right away espeically if it's popular, and they do do reissues here and there but not often enough imo. Sometimes the figma bonus stuff pisses me off since you have to order from GSC directly. I'm still on the market for a figma deku, i skipped out on the PO since it was so bare bones for the price, then found out the GSC bonus was something that shouldve been included with it, and now the figure is nowhere to be found unless you want to pay a ridiculous price for it! I'm sure theyll do another version of him sometime but yeah.

Glad in terms of prodcution DBZ figures are easier to get a hold of now, especially since theyre doing regular releases again for some figures, and also there's always figurise standard to fall back on. Bandai keeps their model kits in circulation for a long time so no risk if you wait on those, theyll still be around for the same prices later on too.

Also hoping figma decides to reissue band of hawk Guts one day too, missed out on it since i lagged it. Was thinking of getting griffith and caska too, but they werent a priority at the time, i saw plenty of good deals for those two on evil bay for a long while, oh well lol

Qui-Gon, Anakin Skywalker, and Padme are ridiculous in the aftermarket. I was unfortunate to not pre-order the latter. Tamashii Nations scheduled Anakin where you get extra accessories if you pre-order early. I hope that type of release is never ever scheduled for Dragon Ball Z.

Yeah, there are instances where I've ordered from GSC but Nippon Yasan has them as well. (I'm very grateful for them and upset with them at the same time because they know how to take my money with ease.) Deku/Midoriya Izuku is going crazy in the after market! Especially the GSC Exclusive. It's madness. I was fortunate enough to pre-order him on Nippon with the GSC pre-order bonus as soon as he went up. It was expensive but it surely beats having to pay the after market price. I'm hoping Tamashii Nations takes over My Hero Academia. I love Figma products but that could be a great line for Tamashii Nations.

Figure-Rise Standard has helped the Dragon Ball Z market quite a bit. Bandai Hobby is giving collectors cheaper alternatives instead of having to pay after market prices for the Androids, upcoming Broly, and etc. They may not be the same scale with Figuarts but they're really well made products.

I pre-ordered Black Swordsman Guts as well. I recently got into Berserk so I don't mind waiting for reissues. It may take awhile but hopefully they'll eventually happen.

Yeah, barnes and noble has taken forever to update their stock. I think it's been roughly 5 months since the ones I normally go to updated their stock (they just did last week) and the newest dbz stuff they got was battle damaged gohan and the xenoverse figures.

Holy crap. Really? Well, the best thing is the Barnes & Noble coupons. You may have to wait awhile but you'll get them for a great price.

@prodigy that struggle for star wars figures haha at least you have local access directly to it. On the plus side, it seems like at least multiple companies are doing star wars figures so we got options.

@wanderOTC yeah i saw griffith for around the 50s for a long time as well as casca lol For BoH Guts i saw him in the high 60s to 70s at the time i was looking, but kept lagging it thinking i could find a better deal...i was quite wrong XD im happy to be getting the black knight version though at least, i may get a better cloth cape for him when the time comes though.

Man I'd be so stoked to get Griffith for $50! You'll love the black swordsman version guts, I have the original and it's awesome. I also have the femto figure and the berserker armor guts, which is probably my favorite one. I payed after market prices for all the guts figures though, it hurt pretty bad hahaha.

Holy crap. Really? Well, the best thing is the Barnes & Noble coupons. You may have to wait awhile but you'll get them for a great price.

Yeah, the wait has been ridiculous. I've been checking nearly every weekend for the last few months when I get a discount coupon. I was hoping to get the updated Super Saiyan Vegeta there but they never got it in. I'm really hoping I'll be able to get Nappa and Gaara there at the very least in the next couple of months

Tamashii Nations is killing me with their Instagram posts. I just want to see Goku Black. :gah:

Yeah, the wait has been ridiculous. I've been checking nearly every weekend for the last few months when I get a discount coupon. I was hoping to get the updated Super Saiyan Vegeta there but they never got it in. I'm really hoping I'll be able to get Nappa and Gaara there at the very least in the next couple of months

They haven't put out Super (Saiyan) Vegeta yet? If they have Xenoverse Future Trunks, Time Patroller, Ryu, Chun-Li and Rock Lee available, they won't carry Super (Saiyan) Vegeta. You should be in luck with Nappa and Gaara though but I don't think there's any guarantee.

Tamashii Nations is killing me with their Instagram posts. I just want to see Goku Black. :gah:

They haven't put out Super (Saiyan) Vegeta yet? If they have Xenoverse Future Trunks, Time Patroller, Ryu, Chun-Li and Rock Lee available, they won't carry Super (Saiyan) Vegeta. You should be in luck with Nappa and Gaara though but I don't think there's any guarantee.

Yep, never put out super vegeta. I'll probably just go for it on eBay or something if I see it for a decent price, I usually just like to see them in store so I can check out paint apps. Some are hit or miss, especially these later releases. I'm hoping they'll get back on track and start carrying newer stuff on a more frequent basis!

Yep, never put out super vegeta. I'll probably just go for it on eBay or something if I see it for a decent price, I usually just like to see them in store so I can check out paint apps. Some are hit or miss, especially these later releases. I'm hoping they'll get back on track and start carrying newer stuff on a more frequent basis!

IIRC, Super (Saiyan) Vegeta had solid quality control. I have 3 of them and they were all great. I'm sure there are units that have better paint applications on the gloves than others though. Yeah, it's dependent on if Barnes & Noble can work better with Bluefin. I know Toys R' Us has had quite a few S.H.Figuarts in their stores more recently but with them possibly filing bankruptcy, Barnes & Noble might be the go-to chain store to sell them at.

IIRC, Super (Saiyan) Vegeta had solid quality control. I have 3 of them and they were all great. I'm sure there are units that have better paint applications on the gloves than others though. Yeah, it's dependent on if Barnes & Noble can work better with Bluefin. I know Toys R' Us has had quite a few S.H.Figuarts in their stores more recently but with them possibly filing bankruptcy, Barnes & Noble might be the go-to chain store to sell them at.

it was okay, first time i got it it had kind of cracked looking paint where the chest armor meets the blue, and i think maybe the gloves were off, so i went back in to trade for another and it seemed overall fine enough. Just realized the other day there's like a chip mark on the side of one of his hair spikes lol It's been there since it was new since i have an old pic of it form when i first bought it, just never noticed for some reason, but it's all good. I think it's just my luck with tamashii stuff lol

Sup SSFreaks! I haven't been on the forums in awhile, I have more recently been grabbing figuarts and was very surprised at the lack of message boards/buy,sell,trade/info sites online. I think this may be the most updated thread I have seen online and it was right where I use to be haha.

I have been wanting a SSB Goku but I haven't been sold on the existing figure especially for the current going price. The gi is "outdated" and the faces are not my favorite. I also feel like the hair is too compact. Granted I have not seen the figure in person so that's why I'm here to ask for y'alls opinions.

I did a quick photoshop of the the original image, the ssb figuart, a custom ssj2 hair and the awakening hair. I want to potentially want to buy/customize one of these options. What do you guys think?

IMG_6642.JPG

I have been posting a bunch of my pics on instagram but I will for sure share some on here now that I see how much of a following we have on ssf!

@cobraka22 the figure itself isnt bad, there's a good amount of new sculpting involved, and although the hair isnt the most accurate it's okay enough imo. I also like that he has a smirk face option, and this may likely be the only figure of that specific outfit since he stopped wearing that outfit after awhile. The head fits on the older goku body mold as well, so you can place it on the older body and put some decals on it to match the current saga.

The price for this figure only recently creeped, it was mrsrp for a long time, dunno why all of sudden it started selling out tbh, could be because of the DBS dub coming out. If you want to just use it for customs there are bootlegs of it for pretty cheap that would make for good custom fodder imo. I would only suggest the figure if youre a fan of that outfit atm, i know that we'll inevitably get an updated SSB goku with this normal Gi sooner or later.

It's not the best figure, but it's one of my personal favorites for some reason, i just like all the new parts on it and i liked the look alot more, i think it's a shame they switched back to their old outfits tbh.

pretty nice repaint on vegeta! seen a fair amount of people do that for theirs haha as far as repainting existing hairs for goku i dont think the original SSJ 1 hair works at all and the ssj2 looks a bit better, but still not quite right, maybe the ssj2 hair with the ssj1 bangs or the SSB bangs?

I have been wanting a SSB Goku but I haven't been sold on the existing figure especially for the current going price. The gi is "outdated" and the faces are not my favorite. I also feel like the hair is too compact. Granted I have not seen the figure in person so that's why I'm here to ask for y'alls opinions.

I did a quick photoshop of the the original image, the ssb figuart, a custom ssj2 hair and the awakening hair. I want to potentially want to buy/customize one of these options. What do you guys think?

I have been posting a bunch of my pics on instagram but I will for sure share some on here now that I see how much of a following we have on ssf!

While it does have its faults, Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku S.H.Figuarts is one of my favorite releases. It's a newer attire design for Goku. The hair sculpt, while compacted, was nicely updated with the current art design. It has a great in-hand feel. With that being said, it's not worth the ridiculous after market prices.

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta were released before Tamashii Nations updated their articulation and sculpting designs. A significant amount of time has passed where Tamashii will release updated versions of Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta at some point. (Goku Black was recently announced for a March 2018 release.) They will more than likely have their current Dragon Ball Super attire which is actually good because Tamashii already has the body casts completed. The only thing they would need to focus is on the newer head and face molds. (I think they can even cut corners re-using Super Warrior Awakening Goku faces.)

We'll know what Super Saiyan Blue Goku's head sculpt design will be once Tamashii reveals the Super Saiyan Rose hair for Goku Black. Hopefully it's a combination between Super Warrior Awakening and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta is another story. As far as we know, they're re-using the Super (Saiyan) Vegeta head mold for Majin Vegeta and they may possibly do the same for Super Saiyan Blue. While the customs do look well done, I'm not necessarily thrilled about that hair sculpt being re-used for more recent artwork releases.

Edited: Very cool setup!

A couple of notes on Super Saiyan 3 Goku that I've seemed to notice that I'm not very thrilled with. (Not sure if true though.) It's shorter than any previous Goku release and the hair isn't articulated. If it is indeed shorter than any Goku release before it, all future releases will not blend well with older releases. If the hair isn't articulated, that's going to restrict posing options.

A couple of notes on Super Saiyan 3 Goku that I've seemed to notice that I'm not very thrilled with. (Not sure if true though.) It's shorter than any previous Goku release and the hair isn't articulated. If it is indeed shorter than any Goku release before it, all future releases will not blend well with older releases. If the hair isn't articulated, that's going to restrict posing options.

hmm the hair looked like a similar sculpt to OG so i was assuming it was poseable still, if it's one piece maybe it was done in a way to make him more stable, or make the hair not as heavy? as far as the height i hope it's not shorter, could be just the way it was posed, we'll have to wait till more reviews come out to see for sure, but i dont think they would make him shorter than the original goku mold.

Whenever it comes to preordering stuff, if it's a standard release I don't really bother. It's the exclusives that I make sure I preorder and also figures that come with preorder bonuses top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

hmm the hair looked like a similar sculpt to OG so i was assuming it was poseable still, if it's one piece maybe it was done in a way to make him more stable, or make the hair not as heavy? as far as the height i hope it's not shorter, could be just the way it was posed, we'll have to wait till more reviews come out to see for sure, but i dont think they would make him shorter than the original goku mold.
That's what I was assuming as well but I noticed from as many photos as I've collected and the Out of da Box video, I don't believe I've seen the hair posed differently.

As for the height, the newer hip articulation seems to have cut down the length from the belt to leg joint that was on the original mold. Super Saiyan 3 Goku looked almost too similar to Super Saiyan Trunks' height in the Out of da Box video as well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hmm, you may be right about the hair Ang, but I dont see it as a bad thing honestly. The og one I had was so loose at those joints it may as well not have had it either. I dont think the possible height loss is noticeable though, you only see the difference when side by side with other Gokus, and awakening Goku was a slightly different height to the others aswell.

Overall I like the figure, its lightyears ahead of the original, and the sculpt in general is much improved. Theres a new "behind da box" where they go into more detail about the figure, worth a watch:

hmm seems you guys are correct, there is a slight height loss due to the slightly shorter hips because of the new hip articulation. The hair also does not seem poseable but it seems less cumbersome to deal with since it also doesnt flop around. Also ive seen pics with his head angled looking down and it holds, which means that the hair is lighter or the joints are alot sturdier to hold the weight.

It's a bit of a shame about the height, probably an over sight by bandai (once again mixed bag results, for some reason they always miss out on the little things), but overall when posed with other figures or in action poses the height diffference doesnt seem to be too much of a problem.

Overall though, the figure looks great, and this new body mold is awesome. Just wish the body itself was all matte finish, since it looks a bit glossy, but thems the breaks, the finishing touches never really match the proto images. Overall, pretty excited for this figure still, and it seems the smirking face isnt too bad, it's not entirely accurate to the scene, but it still looks like goku, and it's nice to have another figure for him with a smirking face too.

I'll be honest...I'm losing my excitement for this figure. Bandai has taken what was going to be an outstanding release to slightly above-average and their dramatic quality-cutting corners are becoming more self-evident.

What do we have here?

Non-poseable hair: BIG error here as SSJ3 Goku is depicted with the hair moving around and usually lying "flat" (or close to flush as possible) against his back. WTF Tamashii? You all are FULLY capable of doing this and you've done it before. It's like posing MonsterArts Godzilla's tail in only one direction. I kind of hope JacksDo does another head for this figure, they can certainly capitalize off of Tamashii's error.

"Glossy" Look: Once again, inconsistency from the prototype which looked GREAT with the flat, matte colors. Maybe it looks better in person, but I'm not getting too thrilled with all these videos and photos demonstrating that there are some glossy portions to his outfit. It screams "cheap" in comparison to some of the other figures. The "gold touch" on the front of the hair isn't bad, but why is it there?

Pee Stain Crotch: It's not as bad as it has been on previous figures but really, Tamashii? Again?

Lack of neutral, "looking forward" face: This is opinion-based but I believe EVERY figure should come with a neutral, expression-less, "looking straight-at-you" face. SSJ3 Goku doesn't. Another bad mark in my opinion.

Height difference: Might need to see some better videos demonstrating this...

Pale skin:
It doesn't bother me so much but I know it does others. As we know, Goku is pretty tan from being outside all the time and is discernibly given a slightly more tan hue when compared to the other Z-characters.

Tamashii, you consistently take TWO STEPS FORWARD-ONE STEP BACK! You had overall, excellent praise on this figure with a lot of excitement and then you release it with some EXTREMELY, QUESTIONABLE paint/material/look changes? Where are these coming from?

Back