S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rule one, dont ask for brand new figures as the sdcc ex, espeically one that would be expensive as is, you would be guaranteeing yourself to NEVER be able to obtain them or pay a months wages on them via scalpers. recolours only please.

Hence the part where I stated they would be PCE and have a regular release of the new figures the next year.

But they should be. You're still describing a brand new mold coming out as Comic Con exclusive. You just said it. "...have the regular release of the figure next year." That would still cause chaos as nobody would know the regulars are coming BECAUSE they don't advertise release dates that far ahead. Lmao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But they should be. You're still describing a brand new mold coming out as Comic Con exclusive. You just said it. "...have the regular release of the figure next year." That would still cause chaos as nobody would know the regulars are coming BECAUSE they don't advertise release dates that far ahead. Lmao!

They could be January releases, and shown at SDCC along with the PCE, so people could know.

They could be January releases, and shown at SDCC along with the PCE, so people could know.

Sure.....if you REALLY want to stretch the possibilities. But I think they know they should never do that. It'd be silly to show two different colored versions of the same release at the same time.

The idea of those Comic Cons exclusives is stupid to me to begin with...
I'm against that practice and Tamashii are closed to being the nicest to handle that since these are almost always recolors of previous releases...
There are other companies that are making their products to be event exclusive and when people are interested by this...they just can't have it at an affordable price.

the only release I wish they woulda done as an SDCC exclusive is manga Trunks

DBFCM_TTS.jpg

actually it shoulda been reversed; Manga Trunks should've been the regular release, and the anime version we have should've been an SDCC EX. a huge missed opportunity on Tamashii's part

Sure.....if you REALLY want to stretch the possibilities. But I think they know they should never do that. It'd be silly to show two different colored versions of the same release at the same time.

Hasbro does this all the time. Storm Collectibles has done this with most of their SF/MK stuff. It's not unheard of and it makes sence in the context of this hypothetical situation. Regardless it was something I, and probably everybody here, would be a fan of if they did it. "Hey look at the SDCC Exclusive PCE SSJ 3-Pack, and don't worry because early next year the regular versions of those figures will be released!" If they came out and said that why would anybody complain? There's a cool new set and we get 2 new figures the next year, it's the same concept of every SDCC exclusive, a recolor that you don't need but can buy. It'd also open the door for other packs like a Trunks and Goten pack. It's not a bad idea, it just changes one convention. That's not horrible.

Hasbro does this all the time. Storm Collectibles has done this with most of their SF/MK stuff. It's not unheard of and it makes sence in the context of this hypothetical situation. Regardless it was something I, and probably everybody here, would be a fan of if they did it. "Hey look at the SDCC Exclusive PCE SSJ 3-Pack, and don't worry because early next year the regular versions of those figures will be released!" If they came out and said that why would anybody complain? There's a cool new set and we get 2 new figures the next year, it's the same concept of every SDCC exclusive, a recolor that you don't need but can buy. It'd also open the door for other packs like a Trunks and Goten pack. It's not a bad idea, it just changes one convention. That's not horrible.

It is actually horrible when you consider the precedent com con exclusives have set in this line and the already high price tag of imports. The order in which tamashi is doing is actually a better for everyone involved. The collector isn't forced to just grab the exclusive just because it's the newest figure. They already have the figure in a different color so that way they can decide if they really want it at all. From there it's just a numbers game.

was tempted by the kaioken goku for 150 but im gonna hold off for the SDCC announcement. I also realized that i could make my own saiyan saga goku because i just need decals (and due to my brother's type of work he can actually print those out for me). My only problem is getting an extra belt piece or making a tied belt piece instead of having a sash. It wouldnt be kaioken colors but it could work. I'm still hoping it's gonna be the SDCC ex though, and if not, i guess i'm fine with not having it or just somehow making my own XD

My only problem is getting an extra belt piece or making a tied belt piece instead of having a sash.

here ya go

bandai-super-battle-collection-son-goku-p-image-299912-grande.jpg

it pops off easily & fits right on SHF Goku, no extra tools required except your hands. i know from experience :lecture

It is actually horrible when you consider the precedent com con exclusives have set in this line and the already high price tag of imports. The order in which tamashi is doing is actually a better for everyone involved. The collector isn't forced to just grab the exclusive just because it's the newest figure. They already have the figure in a different color so that way they can decide if they really want it at all. From there it's just a numbers game.

I literally said that they would show both at the same time and sell the alternate colors then, then release the regular colors later so you don't have to pay a high price for an exclusive. It doesn't change a thing. Hell, Tamashii screwed everyone over with the 2.0 Vegeta release. You know, where they released a PCE of the original so everyone would buy it and not say anything about the 2.0 so they can double their money? You know, the one where a lot of people got mad because they just bought a figure of the character because it was the new release then they have to go buy the updated version? This is a much better alternative to that and if you actually can't see that there is absolutely nothing wrong with releasing a figure this way I'm not sure you're qualified to talk on the matter in the slightest.

oh man i totally forgot about this figure! i have a spare bootleg one lying around actually haha thanks for the reminder crisis! :D

I do the same thing, works really well. I actually thinks it looks better than the SHF excl belt. If you don't care about the look of the back of the figure, I'd say cut the belt on the back and you can entirely click the figure down and easily adjust the belt without the middle joint ever being visible. The material is sturdy enough that it stays and perfectly fine even just 'clasping' around the waste.

I always wanna say Big D came up with this, but maybe it was Crisis, I forgot guys lol, thanks to either and/or both.:lol

Friend showed me this on Instagram. The upgraded body looks amazing but I can't see a 2.0 Future Trunks unless it either comes sleeveless or no jacket at all. Both adjustments should be fairly easy and give Tamashii Nations another 2 Future Trunks releases.
0bc227c8f0d8c198c7c54e18a5a26442.jpg

Friend showed me this on Instagram. The upgraded body looks amazing but I can't see a 2.0 Future Trunks unless it either comes sleeveless or no jacket at all. Both adjustments should be fairly easy and give Tamashii Nations another 2 Future Trunks releases.
0bc227c8f0d8c198c7c54e18a5a26442.jpg
Nice, I've been waiting for someone to make a custom 2.0 Trunks. It's hard to imagine the wouldn't release one eventually, they have all the pieces, they love to re-use figures and all they'd need to do is make an adjustment to the jacket and hight of the black singlet, but yeah, I think if they do it'll be a while.

I literally said that they would show both at the same time and sell the alternate colors then, then release the regular colors later so you don't have to pay a high price for an exclusive. It doesn't change a thing. Hell, Tamashii screwed everyone over with the 2.0 Vegeta release. You know, where they released a PCE of the original so everyone would buy it and not say anything about the 2.0 so they can double their money? You know, the one where a lot of people got mad because they just bought a figure of the character because it was the new release then they have to go buy the updated version? This is a much better alternative to that and if you actually can't see that there is absolutely nothing wrong with releasing a figure this way I'm not sure you're qualified to talk on the matter in the slightest.
You realize the only person you are convincing here is yourself, right? Most of us here have been in this line for years and seen plenty SDCC figures from this line, and every single one of them immediately doubled in price. Not a week later, not a month, the first day every SDCC releases the price shoots up and stays there.

There is no way to get them affordably and I'm having nightmares just thinking how much a 3 pack of brand new figures would go for. The PCE term is Tamashiis way of reissuing old figures with a new paint job, it's not their exclusive tag. No one got screwed by Tamashii with Vegeta, they were different figures, and anyone who thought they wouldn't remake him, especially after awakening Goku was such a success, was, to be harsh here, delusional.

Finally, to tell fellow members they aren't qualified to counter your opinion just because they disagree isn't cool.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The upgraded body looks amazing but I can't see a 2.0 Future Trunks unless it either comes sleeveless or no jacket at all.

Thanks for the pic; yeah, it looks wonderful! Sleeveless/bolero-vest SSJ Future Trunks is still my favorite Dragonball design. Would go bananas for a figure release of that.

Back