S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tamashii Nations is essentially going back from the older releases and releasing newer, updated versions even if they're slightly altered based on different source material. (Super Saiyan Vegeta and Super Saiyan Son Gohan specifically which happen to be labeled the same as their older releases.) Scouter Vegeta will be the 1st actual upgraded "redone" release along with Super Saiyan 3 Goku. (Unless they add the kanji for Battle of Gods/Dragon Ball Super.)

Other than Super Warrior Awakening Super Saiyan Goku, who ushered in the newer upgrades, it's not that bad of a question to ask why the Cell Saga was refocused on so soon before Tamashii Nations focused on other Sagas to implement the upgrades.

They are redoing SS3 Goku as well? Oh brother...

On a Facebook group I'm with, they posted a screenshot of 2 websites saying he is limited. Can't post it right now since I'm at work.
No worries. I doubt Tamashii Nations would have labeled him a Regular Release from the beginning but it makes sense for him to be a Web Exclusive. I don't think I'll be able to wait for his stateside distribution.

That face looks slightly different from the SSJ face to me. Seems like the mouth is opened up more. Even if it is the same face, I wouldn't expect them to make a new hair mold or anything for this figure anyway. They'll probably include at least one completely new face though

It's the same face. I wouldn't expect them to sculpt that many new ones either. The faces from Super Saiyan Vegeta are great enough.

They are redoing SS3 Goku as well? Oh brother...

Yeah, they revealed a prototype back in October.

No worries. I doubt Tamashii Nations would have labeled him a Regular Release from the beginning but it makes sense for him to be a Web Exclusive. I don't think I'll be able to wait for his stateside distribution.

It's the same face. I wouldn't expect them to sculpt that many new ones either. The faces from Super Saiyan Vegeta are great enough.

Yeah, they revealed a prototype back in October.

What else is actually up for release soon after the 2 videogame figures besides redo Vegeta, Nappa, and redo SS3?

Off topic, does anyone know when DB Super is going to be released on DVD/ BluRay?

What else is actually up for release soon after the 2 videogame figures besides redo Vegeta, Nappa, and redo SS3?

Off topic, does anyone know when DB Super is going to be released on DVD/ BluRay?
Super Saiyan 3 Goku hasn't been officially announced yet so he could be awhile along with Tien, Yamcha, and Gotenks.

The blurays will more than likely be released once the Battle of Gods story arc is over on Toonami.

It's the same face. I wouldn't expect them to sculpt that many new ones either. The faces from Super Saiyan Vegeta are great

The great thing about this line (for Tamashii) is that a lot of the characters use the same outfits so it's very easy to simply swap parts and repaint to make a whole plethora of characters. I personally don't mind since it keeps cost downs and as long as it's accurate, then why the hell not do it. For this Vegeta I say it's a good chance we'll get the over 9000 face since they're including the crushed scouter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The great thing about this line (for Tamashii) is that a lot of the characters use the same outfits so it's very easy to simply swap parts and repaint to make a whole plethora of characters. I personally don't mind since it keeps cost downs and as long as it's accurate, then why the hell not do it. For this Vegeta I say it's a good chance we'll get the over 9000 face since they're including the crushed scouter

I don't mind head molds and faces being reused/repainted as long as the artistic style fits the design. I would really appreciate a more updated head sculpt for Majin and Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta. I thought Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku's head sculpt was a great update for the newer art style and would love to see that continue.

The shouting face that came with Super Saiyan Vegeta could be used as the "Over 9,000!" facial expression. A newer face that I'm hoping will be included will be this face from the anime that happens to have the exact same design on the Scouter that the S.H.Figuarts has...
576317f705e5e932861b0e70c1fdd639.jpg

I don't mind head molds and faces being reused/repainted as long as the artistic style fits the design. I would really appreciate a more updated head sculpt for Majin and Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta. I thought Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku's head sculpt was a great update for the newer art style and would love to see that continue.

The shouting face that came with Super Saiyan Vegeta could be used as the "Over 9,000!" facial expression. A newer face that I'm hoping will be included will be this face from the anime that happens to have the exact same design on the Scouter that the S.H.Figuarts has...
576317f705e5e932861b0e70c1fdd639.jpg

Oh yeah, everything post Cell Saga should have a much more defined and striated appearance for the hair. The wider hair looks good for the current releases but the Buu Saga onwards was a lot sharper and detailed overall. That's one thing that ticked me and everyone else off about the SSB Vegeta release. Goku got an update but Vegeta didn't. It was such a missed opportunity and that figure could've turned out soooo much better had they matched it with Goku.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, everything post Cell Saga should have a much more defined and striated appearance for the hair. The wider hair looks good for the current releases but the Buu Saga onwards was a lot sharper and detailed overall. That's one thing that ticked me and everyone else off about the SSB Vegeta release. Goku got an update but Vegeta didn't. It was such a missed opportunity and that figure could've turned out soooo much better had they matched it with Goku.

I remember somebody saying it could have been due to the budget, which is certainly possible, but I have a feeling we're going to receive an updated Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta WITH an updated head sculpt. The profit that Tamashii Nations makes from 2.0 Super Saiyan Vegeta and 2.0 Scouter Vegeta should absolutely be used for a new headsculpt for Vegeta. ::cough:: Majin and Super Saiyan 4! ::cough::

...That's actually another interesting question/comment to ask Adam Newman about.

I'm still skeptical that they will include Nappa's Over 9000 face. I hope they do, but technically it would be inaccurate, since he was armor-less when he did that. which is the only reason why I think they would opt out of it (and we all know Tamashii's attention to detail). But I hope they do regardless

just look at my avatar, they absolutely nailed it. But I'm not yet convinced it will be included guys :/

If it's included, we won't get a battle damaged release. If it's not included, we'll get a battle damaged release.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If it's included, we won't get a battle damaged release. If it's not included, we'll get a battle damaged release.

This is like Wei Xiao-bao playing a game of chance with his mercury-loaded dices. Jin Yong fans should know what I'm talking about here.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I'm still skeptical that they will include Nappa's Over 9000 face. I hope they do, but technically it would be inaccurate, since he was armor-less when he did that. which is the only reason why I think they would opt out of it (and we all know Tamashii's attention to detail). But I hope they do regardless

just look at my avatar, they absolutely nailed it. But I'm not yet convinced it will be included guys :/
It wouldn't surprise me if they actually include it. The ss1 hair piece is also inaccurate for the new gohan, but that didn't stop them. I'm just expecting a neutral face, the smirk face, and some kind of screaming/angry face.

Another great fight in the newest episode of Dragon Ball Super.

I like where they're going with it so far.:lol I bet it all turns out to be some sort of trick, but I actually prefer how twisted it would be if it's not and this is legit told like it is. Guys, we're ****ing weaklings.:rotfl

I like where they're going with it so far.:lol I bet it all turns out to be some sort of trick, but I actually prefer how twisted it would be if it's not and this is legit told like it is. Guys, we're ****ing weaklings.:rotfl

So do I. I also love how Gohans going back to his roots, relearning as he goes. I hope Gohan gains the transformation that Trunks did, or his own version of it like mystic god rage or something xD

Spoiler Spoiler:

Eventually, I'd like to see Tamashii do some of the characters in their "classic" Toriyama art-style. Obviously, a lot of the more recent releases are mirroring the Cell/Buu Saga/DBS "final" Toriyama art style, and we've even seen flashback clips from the previous arcs where the designs mirrored the "final" DBZ style.

But it'd be great to get some figures in Toriyama's earlier, more "rounded" style...like a classic Goku and Piccolo.

9ac8eb56f5f3637a79d4754f1a9510f6.jpg

Even as of today, Toriyama's art has changed AGAIN in which he's gone back to the more "rounded" lines for muscles and such, but also has an obsession with making things skinnier as well.

The red Super Saiyan God was a perfect example of this. They followed Toriyama's art so closely for the movie that there seemed to be a lapse in knowledge that Toriyama's art had changed AGAIN and he was drawing his classic characters to be skinnier. Hence why in the movie, they had to state a reason why Goku appeared skinnier when he first transformed into SSJG. If you've noticed since then, his SSGSS/SSB form is no less skinnier than his normal SSJ1 form.

I like where they're going with it so far.[emoji38] I bet it all turns out to be some sort of trick, but I actually prefer how twisted it would be if it's not and this is legit told like it is. Guys, we're ****ing weaklings.:rotfl

I have no doubt that both Omni-Kings are this twisted. (I don't even want to think what the hell would happen if they begin to argue with each other.)

With the other Universes being more powerful though, I see that as foreshadowing.

Edited: I just remembered something...wasn't it the average power rating though? Not to take away the insane power levels of the other Universes but Universe 7 only has so many strong beings. Taking the average of them along with all other beings in that Universe would result in a lower rating, right?

So do I. I also love how Gohans going back to his roots, relearning as he goes. I hope Gohan gains the transformation that Trunks did, or his own version of it like mystic god rage or something xD

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Wow! Thanks for the pictures, Cooler!

There you go, crisis!

Edited: I'm really not that much of a Nappa fan but I can't get over how outstanding this looks.

Sadly, an SDCC Premium Color release is inevitable.

Yep, thanks Cooler! Looks like "that" face will be included, both Crisis and Blood will have fainted by now :p

Im not a fan of Nappa either, was just your stereotypical brute character, but that figure looks amazing, plus, Nappa is to Scouter Vegeta what #17 is to #18; if both are buyable you cant not have both posed together in your display.

Back