S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's crazy. I wouldn't be surprised if most of of them are going to buy 3 Broly exclusives, too.

Edited: Take this with a grain of salt but there have been rumors of a Nappa prototype being seen recently by Bluefin/Tamashii workers. Edited: Won't be revealed at SDCC though. Tamashii Nations 2016 may be the place to keep an eye on.

I sure hope you are right Angelo, hoping it is also armored

I think blood and i are the only ones that prefer him only in his underwear >.>

I don't mind him all messed up in his underoos, but I'd like to have an armor look that would look good next to Scouter Vegeta. That being said, I'd buy two to have both looks.

Yeah, that's crazy. I wouldn't be surprised if most of of them are going to buy 3 Broly exclusives, too.

Edited: Take this with a grain of salt but there have been rumors of a Nappa prototype being seen recently by Bluefin/Tamashii workers. Edited: Won't be revealed at SDCC though. Tamashii Nations 2016 may be the place to keep an eye on.

Con ticket/travelling being included implies that the ONLY thing that you are getting out of the convention is the Broly exclusive though. If you include travel/ticket in the price you command for one of the figures you picked up, you're discounting the fact that you get to have the experience of going to SDCC and all the spectacle that entails.

However, with that said, those lines are asinine, and that is what I would use as a better metric of cost. Standing in line for multiple hours to buy 1 figure is absurd.

I'm glad that this year I don't really care for the figure and get to skip out on the insane prices though. I'll pick one up from Bluefin if they do put them up eventually, but I'm not shelling out 150+ on him.

If you have a Vegito, swap belts with that Goku and you'll get a better result for both figures. Trust me

Thank you :goodpost:

I tried this and you were right! I now have the best looking Goku -- will post proper pic, well after SDCC :lol

Speaking of which, I am also wondering where is Tien and Yamcha???!!! I liked that one pic we saw but I was hoping for a higher quality :pray::pray::pray:

I think blood and i are the only ones that prefer him only in his underwear >.>

What all did he do in his underwear? This is the most memorable moment that he was in that I can think of...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Con ticket/travelling being included implies that the ONLY thing that you are getting out of the convention is the Broly exclusive though. If you include travel/ticket in the price you command for one of the figures you picked up, you're discounting the fact that you get to have the experience of going to SDCC and all the spectacle that entails.

However, with that said, those lines are asinine, and that is what I would use as a better metric of cost. Standing in line for multiple hours to buy 1 figure is absurd.

I'm glad that this year I don't really care for the figure and get to skip out on the insane prices though. I'll pick one up from Bluefin if they do put them up eventually, but I'm not shelling out 150+ on him.

The San Deigo Comic Con ticket is the most important aspect of obtaining the Premium Color Broly and separates those who are able to obtain it and those that are not. It's certainly not the only thing that you're getting out of the convention but it takes a badge and the time to purchase it from Bluefin/Tamashii Nations. There's no reason people should expect to get the San Diego Comic Con Exclusive at or close to retail as the convention is taking place.

That goku vegito belt swap is smart. Never thought of it cause I don't have Vegito. And yes I keep typing it as Vegito which makes very little sense but I can't get the habit out.

That goku vegito belt swap is smart. Never thought of it cause I don't have Vegito. And yes I keep typing it as Vegito which makes very little sense but I can't get the habit out.

I still spell it that way because it's how Jakks Pacific labeled his releases...

7397f70e-b881-4d00-b09d-d91f232f7a55.jpg

What all did he do in his underwear? This is the most memorable moment that he was in that I can think of...

Spoiler Spoiler:

The San Deigo Comic Con ticket is the most important aspect of obtaining the Premium Color Broly and separates those who are able to obtain it and those that are not. It's certainly not the only thing that you're getting out of the convention but it takes a badge and the time to purchase it from Bluefin/Tamashii Nations. There's no reason people should expect to get the San Diego Comic Con Exclusive at or close to retail as the convention is taking place.

Hey bud, I never said anything about getting it at retail. I'm just saying justifying a price due to $X spent on the ticket/travelling is not a relevant comparison. You're going to the con to see panels and the spectacle.

Getting the badge itself still has the benefit of going to the convention. However, standing in line for 4+ hours for a figure is definitely allocating your convention time for an exclusive. What that is worth to you, that is what gets the mark up. Not the cost of travel/ticket.

Sure you can recoup some of those costs, but I don't consider those a 'Cost' in acquiring the figures alone, as you're not going to SDCC ONLY to buy exclusive figures. Unless you're just trying to scalp them later to make a profit. At that point though, I'm pretty sure there are much better ways to invest your money.

I'm not demonizing people who are scalping figures, I'm just saying that justifying it as "Oh I spent $X on my ticket/travel" is absurd. You spent that money with the expectation of going to a convention. Getting excess exclusives to sell and garner some profit on is ancillary, and you are choosing to spend your convention time standing in lines. Again, standing in a line while within the spectacle of SDCC is a definite cost, and should really be what people are paying to avoid.

Sure you need the ticket for the right to get into said line, but you also need said badge to get into the different panels and announcements also at the convention.

Hey bud, I never said anything about getting it at retail. I'm just saying justifying a price due to $X spent on the ticket/travelling is not a relevant comparison. You're going to the con to see panels and the spectacle.

Getting the badge itself still has the benefit of going to the convention. However, standing in line for 4+ hours for a figure is definitely allocating your convention time for an exclusive. What that is worth to you, that is what gets the mark up. Not the cost of travel/ticket.

Sure you can recoup some of those costs, but I don't consider those a 'Cost' in acquiring the figures alone, as you're not going to SDCC ONLY to buy exclusive figures. Unless you're just trying to scalp them later to make a profit. At that point though, I'm pretty sure there are much better ways to invest your money.

I'm not demonizing people who are scalping figures, I'm just saying that justifying it as "Oh I spent $X on my ticket/travel" is absurd. You spent that money with the expectation of going to a convention. Getting excess exclusives to sell and garner some profit on is ancillary, and you are choosing to spend your convention time standing in lines. Again, standing in a line while within the spectacle of SDCC is a definite cost, and should really be what people are paying to avoid.

Sure you need the ticket for the right to get into said line, but you also need said badge to get into the different panels and announcements also at the convention.

Understandable. (Edited: and agreeable.)

yesh, but still overpriced. dunno if i should jump on em while they're hot or wait it out a lil bit

yesh, but still overpriced. dunno if i should jump on em while they're hot or wait it out a lil bit

It can go either way. If there's enough people buying them at around $150, it may become the standard after market price. If not that many people are buying them, the price may lower.

Back