S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't Saiyaman on that old list that Tamashii showed off a few years ago? They "sort of" had been following that list.

Personally, I want Adult Gohan in his purple/blue gi from the early Buu saga. That's the last time Gohan actually looked cool in my opinion.

Keep in mind, they can go either way with this. If they do SSJ Gohan in his Saiyaman-outfit, they can re-use some parts from SSJ Trunks such as the arms (with a molded watch if they choose to include that), lower body, etc. If they do the purple/blue outfit, then you could be seeing re-uses of SWA Goku's arms, hip-piece, etc.

I'll be surprised if they do a battle-damage SSJ2 Teen Gohan from the final scenes of the Cell Saga. Mostly because Tamashii likes to follow their "pairs" pattern of grouping releases together with related characters (like Beerus with Whis, and the new SSJ Trunks with the upcoming SSJ Vegeta). If they DO end up doing SSJ2 Teen Gohan 2.0, it's likely we might see a new Cell 2.0 or a new Goku 2.0 to go with it.

I'm pretty optimistic about this figure. They need a strong release to follow up SSJ Vegeta. I was personally hoping we'd see SSJ4 Goku or SSJ3 Goku 2.0 (completely new mold) but I guess we have to wait for that.

Good catch, Bardoon. It reminded me to look at the poll. I still believe this was the original plan for Tamashii Nations before Resurrection F/Super was announced/released.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm not so sure about Tamashii Nation re-using Super Saiyan Trunks' parts. I think it would be easier but Gohan would be noticeably shorter compared to Ultimate Gohan.

I agree about the pairing pattern so I'm thinking a Premium Color Perfect Cell will be followed shortly after Super Saiyan Gohan if it's the Cell Saga design. I would prefer a Cell 2.0 of course but I don't see it happening. Possibly a Semi-Perfect Cell at Tamashii Nations 2016 isn't out of the question. He would pair really well with Super (Saiyan) Vegeta.

I'm very optimistic about this figure. I highly doubt it will be anything Dragon Ball Super related. I still have the mindset that it will be an "iconic" Gohan design and there's very few choices. Hopefully Super Saiyan 4 Goku is going through some upgrades. As spectacular as it looked, I would like for them to have upgraded something about it rather than knowing they've been purposely holding it back from release if the prototype is ready for mass production. Super Saiyan 3 Goku 2.0 would be great but I'm not so sure we'll get it. It's another Goku release so the possibility of it is quite high. :lol

I thought this was a cool photo...

Edited: Which is your favorite release/number and why?

13590233_799330923503774_2455590706335404819_n.jpg

Edited: It's missing the SDCC Exclusives.

OG Trunks and normal Vegeta because accessories and they are my 2 favorite characters. Next would be Armored Trunks and SWA Goku because I really like the improved articulation.

Broly is still the most impressive figure they've done thus far. So many things could've went wrong with the tooling, articulation, etc.. and they absolutely nailed it. All those other characters are essentially easy to create. The only legitimate complaint I've seen are from those that just don't like the character himself, therefore they didn't buy him. And despite their dislike even those people still appreciate the craftsmanship. Until Nappa or Shenron or an equally challenging character is produced, Broly stands alone :lecture

Android 18, astonishing action figure and the only woman released, Piccolo is great too.

I never would have expected to see Android 18 mentioned but I'm glad I did. She is a really good action figure.

Piccolo is one of the best earlier releases. If Tamashii Nations releases a 2.0 with the darker gi color from the SDCC, lighter green skin tone from the Manga, newer articulation, and more facial expressions...it will easily be one of the best in the line.

OG Trunks and normal Vegeta because accessories and they are my 2 favorite characters. Next would be Armored Trunks and SWA Goku because I really like the improved articulation.

The accessories is early releases were great to have. I do believe Scouter Vegeta will hold up very well for quite awhile.

The improved articulation changes the possibilities for this line. Before Super Warrior Awakening Goku was revealed, I felt thinking about what future releases would look like became stale. It would re-use this part and that part. Now, Tamashii Nations is having me think outside the box and I love that. I hope that continues.

Broly is still the most impressive figure they've done thus far. So many things could've went wrong with the tooling, articulation, etc.. and they absolutely nailed it. All those other characters are essentially easy to create. The only legitimate complaint I've seen are from those that just don't like the character himself, therefore they didn't buy him. And despite their dislike even those people still appreciate the craftsmanship. Until Nappa or Shenron or an equally challenging character is produced, Broly stands alone :lecture

Couldn't agree more. At the time, Broly was the release that redefined, or I suppose accurately defined, the high quality product that Tamashii Nations prides themselves on.

If Tamashii Nations can resize Gohan absorbed Super Buu's torso, I think it would make a great torso for a 2.0 Goku.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Edited: Another interesting change that I think looks good is the blue undershirt sculpted onto Super Saiyan God Goku's blue undershirt. I think it could potentially look good on all Goku releases.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'll be buying those for sure, they look awesome. Loving Gohan (obviously, but the sculpt is great) and it's great to see Mr. Satan.

@zombierepublican

Goku apparently clocks in at 18 cm or about 7 inches.

Not in scale with Figuarts if that's what you're after, but in the same realm.

crisis said:
Broly is still the most impressive figure they've done thus far. So many things could've went wrong with the tooling, articulation, etc.. and they absolutely nailed it.

Definitely agree with Broly. Hands down best one for me and the figuart that got me into this line.

I'll be buying those for sure, they look awesome. Loving Gohan (obviously, but the sculpt is great) and it's great to see Mr. Satan.

@zombierepublican

Goku apparently clocks in at 18 cm or about 7 inches.

Not in scale with Figuarts if that's what you're after, but in the same realm.

Aw sweet. That's the answer I was looking for!
That Vegeta is the best I've seen of any figure soo far! Hopefully we get a trunks too

Wasn't Saiyaman on that old list that Tamashii showed off a few years ago? They "sort of" had been following that list.

Personally, I want Adult Gohan in his purple/blue gi from the early Buu saga. That's the last time Gohan actually looked cool in my opinion.

Keep in mind, they can go either way with this. If they do SSJ Gohan in his Saiyaman-outfit, they can re-use some parts from SSJ Trunks such as the arms (with a molded watch if they choose to include that), lower body, etc. If they do the purple/blue outfit, then you could be seeing re-uses of SWA Goku's arms, hip-piece, etc.

I'll be surprised if they do a battle-damage SSJ2 Teen Gohan from the final scenes of the Cell Saga. Mostly because Tamashii likes to follow their "pairs" pattern of grouping releases together with related characters (like Beerus with Whis, and the new SSJ Trunks with the upcoming SSJ Vegeta). If they DO end up doing SSJ2 Teen Gohan 2.0, it's likely we might see a new Cell 2.0 or a new Goku 2.0 to go with it.

I'm pretty optimistic about this figure. They need a strong release to follow up SSJ Vegeta. I was personally hoping we'd see SSJ4 Goku or SSJ3 Goku 2.0 (completely new mold) but I guess we have to wait for that.

Yeah!, I recall seeing Great Saiyaman on those old list of tamashii Nations years ago (and also in the top positions according ratings). So that SSJ Gohan could be him as well..

I also want and adult Gohan with is purple/Blue Gi from the buu saga, but I'm realizing that has little chance :(

On the other hand, If it's 2.0 gohan from the Cell saga (Battle damage?) they could have plans for a 2.0 SS2 Goku (FINALLY!) to go with him...

^^^"Now the real fun begins" - Goku one second before ending it lol

Nice shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13566913_1048262635266810_1707484069826272244_n.jpg

We have Cell Saga Gohan

Is that a new Perfect Cell? That's the Premium Color. Wow.

Edited: Courtesy of a photo posted by João Lopes‎ on Facebook.

13566913_1048262635266810_1707484069826272244_n.jpg

We have Cell Saga Gohan

Is that a new Perfect Cell? That's the Premium Color. Wow.

Edited: Courtesy of a photo posted by João Lopes‎ on Facebook.

Sweet. Does Goham look a little taller than the original release to anyone though?

So the PCE Cell rumor turned out to be true, though I can't help but think the green is a little too strong on him?

Back