S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember when Broly first came out and was all the rage.. the mailman was holding mine hostage for some reason. I went to the post office but the mailman had it & was out in the field again, but for some reason refused to leave it on my doorstep. So I had to leave work & track him down somewhere in my neighborhood.. talkin bout "no one was home to sign for it" ***** ring the doorbell. even still you left packages that came from friggin Thailand unattended but for the LSSJ it just haaad to be different. Whole ordeal lasted 3 days. It was a real pain in the ass lol >_<

^So no, the show does not 'NEED' to grow up and that IS the issue: the producers simply want more of the same to sustain the brand, riding nostalgia etc. DBZ isn't a franchize that will take significant risks to evolve itself in a core sense anymore. At least, I don't see that happening and with DBS' tone, even if it does, I don't see it going in any cool direction. Toriyama said DBZ will remain the simple, easy to process content and apparently sees it (or is forced to present it as) such.

DBZ is over, literally. And with DBS, I think, so is its potential to increase the tone of dramatic action such as DBZ (even into moments of the Buu saga) did. There's honestly little practical sense left to criticize DBS at this point. We know what it is: a 'cartoon' among anime.

And if Trunks' saga proves me wrong even by a little bit: hey, I'd only be happy.

Very well said and you bring up excellent points which is why I stand by the fact that the show does need to evolve and change because nostalgia is only going to take them so far. All the popular 1980's American cartoons have redeveloped themselves in some manner and 'matured' a bit in recent incarnations (Check out 'Voltron' on Netflix if you get the chance - it's good). The Trunks/Black Goku saga is indeed a promising opportunity.

But if Toei, Toriyama and everyone else involved are happy with piloting the ship the way it has been, then so be it. We'll see how it goes.

Angelo, kind of looks like someone photoshopped a picture of Broly as best they could to replicate the SDCC photos we've seen so far.

Finally free from basic training :yess:

It was a rough journey but I've finally got some sporadic internet usage today until I head over to tech school tomorrow morning. Now officially an Airman of the USAF and loving it :rock

Anyways, I'm back and ready for action! How've you guys been and what have I missed in these past 8 weeks? I'm so behind on everything :gah:

Congratulations, man! :clap :clap :hi5:

Thanks for answering the call of duty! Do you foresee yourself getting stationed overseas?

If real, it's a vast improvement.

Very slightly less tan and a twinge of green to his hair? You sir are easy to please.

Ordered the Banpresto Dramatic Showcase Season 2 set off eBay. Wasn't pleased to resort to it, but nobody was selling it anywhere else except Facebook, and wanted as much or more for it. Rather the contract of eBay than some Facebook group credibility to go on. :(

Sent from Korin's Tower.

But what else can they really do to it? It was already near-accurate, the only glaring "flaw" was the hair

Yea thats pic looks like it may have been 'shopped except the position of the head is different so maybe not.
20160628_203807.jpg
Horrible lighting but there's the PCE Trunks, the one I swapped parts on and the armored Trunks with the Jacksdo head.

Congratulations, man! :clap :clap :hi5:

Thanks for answering the call of duty! Do you foresee yourself getting stationed overseas?

Thanks dude! I'm actually hoping to get stationed in Japan if everything turns out well. My job is only available in a handful of bases so I have a decent chance. If I go to Japan I'll have direct access to figures and can hopefully learn Japanese [emoji847]

Currently catching up on Super and grinding through these filler like episodes. I saw the trailer for the upcoming saga and it looks like it could be the saving grace of the show. The tournament saga was ok but this actually looks like it could be GOOD. Don't let me down Tori!

I kind of forgot prod left and I somewhat thought Super Vegeta made him go into a happiness overload coma, the likes of which would only be surpassed by Blood and Nappa

then I remembered 'oh right he did.. an army thing'. Welcome ye back friend :hi5:

Great to be back bro!

Vegeta looks beautiful but I'm kinda salty Trunks didn't come with that third head. I foresee this Vegeta including it and maybe a PC Cell and/or Semi-Perfect Cell coming soon after. It's about time we get other forms of the villains

Great to be back bro!

Vegeta looks beautiful but I'm kinda salty Trunks didn't come with that third head. I foresee this Vegeta including it and maybe a PC Cell and/or Semi-Perfect Cell coming soon after. It's about time we get other forms of the villains
Yeah we're all salty, it was another 'just for fun' thing but I think this was the worst one yet.

I remember when Broly first came out and was all the rage.. the mailman was holding mine hostage for some reason. I went to the post office but the mailman had it & was out in the field again, but for some reason refused to leave it on my doorstep. So I had to leave work & track him down somewhere in my neighborhood.. talkin bout "no one was home to sign for it" ***** ring the doorbell. even still you left packages that came from friggin Thailand unattended but for the LSSJ it just haaad to be different. Whole ordeal lasted 3 days. It was a real pain in the ass lol >_<

He really must have hated Broly. :lol I got mine in later November/early December but had to wait for Christmas. ...That sucked.

Angelo, kind of looks like someone photoshopped a picture of Broly as best they could to replicate the SDCC photos we've seen so far.

That's very possible because the placement of both figures are identical. I'm still surprised Bluefin hasn't come out to say anything ever since the leak.

Ordered the Banpresto Dramatic Showcase Season 2 set off eBay. Wasn't pleased to resort to it, but nobody was selling it anywhere else except Facebook, and wanted as much or more for it. Rather the contract of eBay than some Facebook group credibility to go on. :(

Let us know what you think! Shia Hauls video convinced me to purchase them so I'm keeping my eyes open.

But what else can they really do to it? It was already near-accurate, the only glaring "flaw" was the hair

Skin tone, jewelry, sash, and pants can all be lighter.

Banpresto has beat Tamashii Nations for Angel Goku...

Spoiler Spoiler:
ooh that looks pretty nice

That said it is surprising Tamashii hasn't given us the other Gokus yet, this one not so much but the likes of God Goku and the others

ooh that looks pretty nice

That said it is surprising Tamashii hasn't given us the other Gokus yet, this one not so much but the likes of God Goku and the others

To me, Super Saiyan God Goku and Super Saiyan 4 Goku have been ready since last October. (Hopefully we'll find out that both of them have continued to receive upgrades.) I'm curious if the "outcry" from certain collectors that there were too many Goku releases was heard by Tamashii Nations. Unless there's an announcement/reveal on the Shonen Jump Calendar on July 1st/2nd, there will have been an entire year gone by without one S.H. Figuarts Goku release.

To me, Super Saiyan God Goku and Super Saiyan 4 Goku have been ready since last October. (Hopefully we'll find out that both of them have continued to receive upgrades.) I'm curious if the "outcry" from certain collectors that there were too many Goku releases was heard by Tamashii Nations. Unless there's an announcement/reveal on the Shonen Jump Calendar on July 1st/2nd, there will have been an entire year gone by without one S.H. Figuarts Goku release.
I honestly never got the whole "too many Gokus" argument. Hes the main character AND has the most variations/transformations, it only makes sense to me that he would receive the most attention, especially now since most important characters now have figures and others just wouldnt sell well.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Deano, that argument could be made for Trunks and Gohan. Gohan being secondary only to Goku as well. It makes sense yeah, but that doesn't mean we have to like it :dunno:

Also Pliss is right, we need SSJ2 Goku. Can't deny the strange pattern they've gone with Gokus though.

They keep dancing around the most underappreciated form of Goku. I'm glad to see it coming back in Super since I think Goku fights Black Goku with it. I saw a gif of it on FB.

Back